PDA

View Full Version : Just got the vm payment email...wtf!!!

ginge51
13-03-2008, 17:40
Hi all :)

Just got my useual monthly vm email given to me and to my amasement it said this :erm:

Dear Mr PAUL MCLAREN

Virgin Media Account Number xxxxxxxx

We're just writing to let you know that we're now ready to take a payment of £31.27 for your Virgin Media services. It'll be taken on or around 03/04/2008.

The good news is, you don't need to do a thing - it's all ready to go.

And just so you know, you may notice these details on your bank statement:

£31.27 for 2 meg bb?????!!!!!
I think not.
Plus from the last 3 months ,i normally should be paying £10 per month but of late 2 moths ago it went to £14,and the month after £18???
Now they send me this for £31.27 pounds???
What are these dudes smoking?
Jesus, has somebody got the vm phone number for retentions please?
I'm going to tell them as my contract is soon up to that I'm going to bethere bb as they have offered me £18 pounds for 20 meg bb,and if they don't offer me a simlar deal I'll be offskies :p:
So can someone give me the retentions and customer services number please?

Callumpy
13-03-2008, 17:42
Link (http://www.virginmedia.com/customers/contact/billing-payments.php)

I like Be*

BenMcr
13-03-2008, 17:48
Its probably due to a data clense. They are doing loads at the moment to get reading for the final billing migration

They are making sure billed speed is the same as modem speed.

ginge51
13-03-2008, 18:15
Well just been on the phone to them about this and they said it was due to me upgrading my package which i attempted to do about 2 weeks ago and didn't press the final confirm button.
So seeing how I'm out of contract they said i have to give them 30 days notice to cancel????
But I'm not in contract?
Is this correct?
I'm definatly going to bethere broadband now I've heard enough of these.
£25 pounds for 4 mb bb ???
Must be on drugs
£18 pounds fopr 2 meg aswell???...jesus.
So can i just finiish this contract now or do i have to wait another 30 days to get it finished?
Can i use a mac code to switch over to bethere bb?

Stuart
13-03-2008, 18:21
You don't need a mac code to switch from Cable to ADSL. I didn't.

ginge51
13-03-2008, 18:24
Another thing I've just remebered is, my Dad is on Talktalk 8 meg broadband which he get's free with the phone package.
Seeing how i want to go to bethere broadband as this also uses a phone line conection unlike cable.
Will i be able to get the 24 meg package from bethere bb on this phone line aswell as my dad still getting his 8 meg bb from talktalk?
Or will i have to get another phoneline?
And can i just stop this contract seeing how I'm out-of-contract straight away?

bigpmc
13-03-2008, 18:37
You cant have 2 broadband services on the same phoneline - one line, one provider so im afraid you will have to get another telephone line installed

ginge51
13-03-2008, 18:38
You cant have 2 broadband services on the same phoneline - one line, one provider so im afraid you will have to get another telephone line installed

Arrggghh bugger :(
So how much will i be looking at for another line?

lostandconfused
13-03-2008, 18:51
isnt it £130.00 Install and then 10.45 a month to bt?

ginge51
13-03-2008, 18:59
There's just too much messing around to do seeing how my dad's on 8 meg talktalk, so I rung vm back up seeing how there giving 4 meg users 10 meg at the end of this month.
I rung them back and got the large package (soon to be 10 meg) for £18 opunds per month for 6 months then £25 for the final 6 but they said ring them back and hopefully i should be able to get it for £18 pounds for the remaining 6 months.
£18 for 10 meg is good----ish anyway :)
Saves all the messing around.

For now :P

BenMcr
13-03-2008, 19:06
£18 for 10 meg is good----ish anyway :)
Saves all the messing around.

I'm on be and I get no more than 10Mb for £18 from them

If you got a VM landline in you could get 10Mb for £16 (£27 in total)