PDA

View Full Version : Want/Will DHCP IP request on NTL250 modem

Jamsta
11-03-2008, 13:53
Hi guys,

Does anyone know if the NTL250 modems have a config page, or tweak which allow them to request an IP for the DHCP lease.

My old ADSL modem had this feature, so once I had a lease, I'd configure my modem to always ask for that. When the power went off, and on, 95% of the time would be reallocated with the same IP.

At the moment my flatmate turns the power off to the modem (which isn't under my control), and we keep getting new IPs.

I use DYNDNS, but that isn't enough for all of my needs - a "psuedo-static IP" would be best.

Jamsta
ps. before you ask - no, it's not to run a server!

techyguy4
11-03-2008, 14:01
ntl250 modems have a config page which is 192.168.100.1 but it cant be used the ask the dhcp for a different ip or lease. It depends upon the mac address of the ethernet card used by the modem to connect to the pc.So if you want to change the ip address then you need to change the mac address (e.g. mac spoofing) or a change of adapter.

Jamsta
11-03-2008, 14:11
Thanks sir, I really should have checked my Buffalo Airstation's settings.

There's a WAN IP setup with a number of options to play with. It even lets you spoof your MAC address. I'll post back with my results later today.