PDA

View Full Version : Price for 20 meg & unlimited Phone?

ezzzy
09-03-2008, 10:44
thinking of coming back to VM, any one no what the price would be for 20 meg cable & unlimited calls on phone?

I see 20 meg plus medium phone is £31 for the year(so does that mean if they give you a deal for the year it will then go up after that?

Erm the missis went bankrupt in november, no problems with VM and all the other general bills. is the credit check a full on one?

if its a problem i can do it in my name i have a good credit rating;)

thx

die5el
09-03-2008, 11:19
I pay £35.99 for 20 meg cable & unlimited calls on phone to landlines also got told this will carry on after the 12 months was offered the free channels to go with it but i declined the tv part of it because i got sky. As for the credit check i dont think they do one for the above services but they do it for the mobile phone contract. virginmedia are crying out for new customers you might get a better deal than i have .

ezzzy
09-03-2008, 11:48
thx for replying £35.99 is VAT added ontop of that?

will proberly call them up in a month or so just waiting for my adsl contract to expire, i have got sky, so i wil be sticking with sky

thx again

lostandconfused
09-03-2008, 13:05
They do run a credit check, but unless you have a really bad credit history they would ask you to pay a deposit (how much depending on your predicted monthly spend) which would get credited to the account after 6 months. Or they could ask for a larger than normal upfront fee which gets credited to the account straight away. Either way there is likely to be a credit limit applied to the account too

slowcoach
09-03-2008, 17:54
My Mother just had a VM flyer through at her house, BB XL is £10 pm for the first 3 months then it’s £20 pm after that, offer conditional on having the phone with them, phone prices start at £11 pm and includes unlimited weekend calls to 01, 02 and 03 numbers.

PAYNEARDO
09-03-2008, 20:33
My Mother just had a VM flyer through at her house, BB XL is £10 pm for the first 3 months then it’s £20 pm after that, offer conditional on having the phone with them, phone prices start at £11 pm and includes unlimited weekend calls to 01, 02 and 03 numbers.

I was on just XL broadband for £37 and I noticed that with a phone line it is £31 (but I will be in a 12 month contract again), £6 a month cheaper ???

Got an engineer installing a phone line on Thursday. Even with the £30 installation, works out over £30 cheaper for the 12 months ;) :)

** EDIT **
Forgot to say they offered me unlimited calls (not sure what this covers) for £37 a month but said no, as I still intend to use Voip and just have the phone line as a backup :) It also looks like I might get free TV so when me sky contact runs out, going to look into that as well :)

chamelion
11-03-2008, 14:40
i don't have the unlimited phone, i have L size (only a few quid cheaper).

but i'm paying £34/month total for XL bb (20meg), L phone (nights and weekend free) and M TV package...