PDA

View Full Version : im got ripped off by VM?

ANTO
08-03-2008, 22:17
after havin big probs with my VM broadband speeds i phoned them up to cancell my 2 meg connection so i could go elsewhere.
the girl sent a engineer out to fit a new modem and said that i was on a 2 meg package plus a phone too and with being with them roughly 4 or 5 years she would put me on the 4 meg package and with my phone i wouldnt have to pay more than £22.50p a month for the 2 combined.
2 meg is usually £18 and phone £11 a month.

i was prety happy as after havin the connection probs my new modem gave me the full 4 meg speed..
well since then ive had 2 expensive bills. the 1st was for roughly £32 and the 2nd for £32.27p. just for the braodband alone as its £25 per month plus the extra is for the ugrade i asked for?
for gods sake she offered it to me as i had threatened to leave..

i had kept the girls name (edited) and times and dates of the conversation on the phone. and asked to make formal compalint against her and wanted to know the outcome of this mistake, alas to be told they will not tell me what action if any will be taken against her.

well ive been told ive got to make a decision to stay on the 4 meg package(£25) or go back to my origanal (£18, 2 meg service)

how can a employee go makin offers she is not allowed to offer and still keep her job while i now have to pay for a service i didnt want.

Sirius
08-03-2008, 22:20
Can i polity ask you remove that name from a public forum.

Stuart
08-03-2008, 22:25
Anto, please do not post the names of VM employees here.

ANTO
08-03-2008, 22:39
Anto, please do not post the names of VM employees here.

ok v sorry, but im pretty new to this forum..

JUST VERY VERY ANGRY,and thought id share this prob and try to warn people of these peoples LIES.

ultimate
08-03-2008, 23:09
Just to say a few words about these call centres, sometime, I think they might not lie knowingly, in my opinion, they just do not know what they are talking about. In my case since last Aug, I have been getting very bad peak times speeds on my 4Mb via STB connection, so I complained a number of times to VM, then an Indian woman phoned up and say moving to 20 Mb with a modem might solve the problem and she said I will be paying the same cost as before, i.e. £25.

Then it was installed, speeds just as bad, but at least in the off peak hours I am getting a much faster speed. The the first bill came and it was £37, phone VM and they say they found nothing on file to say I am paying the same as before, BUT... she is willing to give me a discount on my TV and phone.

Then a few days later I have a letter from VM welcoming me to the "new" contract!! I phoned them and say this is not a new contract and this time the call centre was in UK, a young man said the VM woman before shouldn't have given me a discount at all, since I am not willing to pay £37 so he put me back on 4mb and assured me this is not a new contract.

A few days later another UK VM person phoned me and said this young man (from the 3rd call) was talking rubbish, I was put back on 20mb immediately paying £25 only.

So you see, most of the call centre persons needs retraining.

frogstamper
09-03-2008, 20:22
after havin big probs with my VM broadband speeds i phoned them up to cancell my 2 meg connection so i could go elsewhere.
the girl sent a engineer out to fit a new modem and said that i was on a 2 meg package plus a phone too and with being with them roughly 4 or 5 years she would put me on the 4 meg package and with my phone i wouldnt have to pay more than £22.50p a month for the 2 combined.
2 meg is usually £18 and phone £11 a month.

i was prety happy as after havin the connection probs my new modem gave me the full 4 meg speed..
well since then ive had 2 expensive bills. the 1st was for roughly £32 and the 2nd for £32.27p. just for the braodband alone as its £25 per month plus the extra is for the ugrade i asked for?
for gods sake she offered it to me as i had threatened to leave..

i had kept the girls name (edited) and times and dates of the conversation on the phone. and asked to make formal compalint against her and wanted to know the outcome of this mistake, alas to be told they will not tell me what action if any will be taken against her.

well ive been told ive got to make a decision to stay on the 4 meg package(£25) or go back to my origanal (£18, 2 meg service)

how can a employee go makin offers she is not allowed to offer and still keep her job while i now have to pay for a service i didnt want.

Im sorry to say she didnt offer you a discount Anto, all she did was move you up a tarrif.
BB-M + Phone M = £15.50pm
BB-L + Phone M =£22.50pm
BB-XL + Phone M=£31.00pm

boroboi
10-03-2008, 07:06
Just to say a few words about these call centres, sometime, I think they might not lie knowingly, in my opinion, they just do not know what they are talking about. In my case since last Aug, I have been getting very bad peak times speeds on my 4Mb via STB connection, so I complained a number of times to VM, then an Indian woman phoned up and say moving to 20 Mb with a modem might solve the problem and she said I will be paying the same cost as before, i.e. £25.

Then it was installed, speeds just as bad, but at least in the off peak hours I am getting a much faster speed. The the first bill came and it was £37, phone VM and they say they found nothing on file to say I am paying the same as before, BUT... she is willing to give me a discount on my TV and phone.

Then a few days later I have a letter from VM welcoming me to the "new" contract!! I phoned them and say this is not a new contract and this time the call centre was in UK, a young man said the VM woman before shouldn't have given me a discount at all, since I am not willing to pay £37 so he put me back on 4mb and assured me this is not a new contract.

A few days later another UK VM person phoned me and said this young man (from the 3rd call) was talking rubbish, I was put back on 20mb immediately paying £25 only.

So you see, most of the call centre persons needs retraining.

That's absolutly rediculous. I used to work for Barclaycard and i thought that was an unprofessional company, but VM are taking the ****.

You'd think the company would be smart enough to have all of their staff (especially UK) trained and informed on all of the same procedures, offers and their means of authority. Absolutly disgusting. It seems some segment of them are going about their business willy nilly not knowing a thing.

Rule 1 of customer service: have your staff fully up to date on services offered and limits of authority.

Dispicable.

Akia
10-03-2008, 07:26
ANTO do you get seperate bills for your bbi and telco. If you do you may find that your billed £25 for the broadband and then -£2.50 for the telephone. Its the way the discounts work at the moment because eveything get applied on the telephone the discount is actually greater then the line rental. This should sort it self out by the end of april when the 2 systems merge. But untill then it may mean your overpaying by £5 unless you've got call charges. If you havn't the £5 will stay on the account as a credit and then come off the combined bill once they merge.

Ernie_C
10-03-2008, 09:44
That's absolutly rediculous. I used to work for Barclaycard and i thought that was an unprofessional company, but VM are taking the ****.

You'd think the company would be smart enough to have all of their staff (especially UK) trained and informed on all of the same procedures, offers and their means of authority. Absolutly disgusting. It seems some segment of them are going about their business willy nilly not knowing a thing.

Rule 1 of customer service: have your staff fully up to date on services offered and limits of authority.

Dispicable.

You are correct that those are some of the basic principles of customer service but this is almost unknown in UK business these days.

ALL UK companies compete on a level playing field of the poorest level customer service.

piggy
10-03-2008, 10:45
You are correct that those are some of the basic principles of customer service but this is almost unknown in UK business these days.

ALL UK companies compete on a level playing field of the poorest level customer service.

:clap:

ANTO
11-03-2008, 22:49
Im sorry to say she didnt offer you a discount Anto, all she did was move you up a tarrif.
BB-M + Phone M = £15.50pm
BB-L + Phone M =£22.50pm
BB-XL + Phone M=£31.00pm

THANKS FROG,,
well i called VM again today and was told a different story again.
i am now payin £25 for the 4 meg BB and £2 line rental for the phone instead of £11 phone rental so in total i am now paying £27 now instead of £22.50.
it was origanally £18 for the 2 meg and £11 for the phone. so £29 total (plus call charges on top)

i called BT to try and change but was told id needto pay a connection fee of £120 if i took a 12 month contract for phone and BB or £60 if i took a 18 month contract and BT is a 8 meg BB connection.

---------- Post added at 22:49 ---------- Previous post was at 22:32 ----------

ANTO do you get seperate bills for your bbi and telco. If you do you may find that your billed £25 for the broadband and then -£2.50 for the telephone. Its the way the discounts work at the moment because eveything get applied on the telephone the discount is actually greater then the line rental. This should sort it self out by the end of april when the 2 systems merge. But untill then it may mean your overpaying by £5 unless you've got call charges. If you havn't the £5 will stay on the account as a credit and then come off the combined bill once they merge.

yea i do pay the bills with 2 separate accounts.
but been told £25 for 4 meg and £2 phone rental. so £27 total.
really gettin sick of this company as ive been with NTL/VM for around 4/5 years now, but since i went from 2 meg(£18) to 4meg(£25) its been a nightmare.

but i wanna say a BIG THANK YOU to all the help u guys/girls who have offered help or advice to me.
just glad there is a decent community to try and help and advise people like myself.

ANTO

frogstamper
12-03-2008, 03:15
THANKS FROG,,
well i called VM again today and was told a different story again.
i am now payin £25 for the 4 meg BB and £2 line rental for the phone instead of £11 phone rental so in total i am now paying £27 now instead of £22.50.
it was origanally £18 for the 2 meg and £11 for the phone. so £29 total (plus call charges on top)

i called BT to try and change but was told id needto pay a connection fee of £120 if i took a 12 month contract for phone and BB or £60 if i took a 18 month contract and BT is a 8 meg BB connection.

---------- Post added at 22:49 ---------- Previous post was at 22:32 ----------

yea i do pay the bills with 2 separate accounts.
really gettin sick of this company as ive been with NTL/VM for around 4/5 years now, but since i went from 2 meg(£18) to 4meg(£25) its been a nightmare.

but i wanna say a BIG THANK YOU to all the help u guys/girls who have offered help or advice to me.
just glad there is a decent community to try and help and advise people like myself.

ANTO

Hy Anto, just a thought, when you got in touch with BT about reconnection and were quoted £120 I believe that's from scratch eg laying wires and god knows what, but I read recently in one of these forums from a BT guy saying that if you are already wired up with the BT socket on the wall its a hell of a lot less, hope this helps.

ANTO
12-03-2008, 13:34
thanks again for help frogstamper.
no i dont have a BT socket..(i wish i did)
i will see how things go with my next bill from VM and see if they have kept there word and charged me £2 line rental.

i can live with a bill for £27 for fone and BB 4 meg. but if get anymore hassle im goin with BT and ill pay the connection charge.

thanks again.

ceedee
13-03-2008, 20:30

(I just posted this in another thread (http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/12/33629473-broadband-prices.html).)

I got a call this evening offering me a ridiculous deal.
The guy specifically mentioned that VM had decided to extend the special offers for new signups to existing customers.

I used to be on 4MB BB plus TV M package for £30.50 and dropped the TV a few months back. So I'm now getting just 4Mb broadband for £25/mth. Apparently I can now get an 'all in one' 4MB BB + TV + phone package for an extra £2.50/mth.
All three services for £3 less than I was paying for two!

Give VM some grief!

maths15
14-03-2008, 20:23
...and asked to make formal compalint against her and wanted to know the outcome of this mistake, alas to be told they will not tell me what action if any will be taken against her.

Good Lord, that's a bit harsh. Do you know the extent to which the CS staff misinformed you? I no longer work in Call Cantres, but when I did misinformation was quite common and very rarley down to the poor gits who have to answer the phone and deal with sh*t day in and day out, calling for someone to be sacked is a little OTT. At the worse she overcharged you by a coupe of quid, hardly life or death is it? Have you never made a mistake at work? Get some persepective, vote with your feet.

As for not disclosing what, if any, action was taken, standard stuff. Would you like it if every time you made an error at work it was broadcast for all and sundry?

I've had some crappy service from V in the past, but you know what? I dealt with it like an adult. I was resoanable, polite and in the end both parties walked away happy. Try it, rather than demading blood.

ANTO
16-03-2008, 22:11
Good Lord, that's a bit harsh. Do you know the extent to which the CS staff misinformed you? I no longer work in Call Cantres, but when I did misinformation was quite common and very rarley down to the poor gits who have to answer the phone and deal with sh*t day in and day out, calling for someone to be sacked is a little OTT. At the worse she overcharged you by a coupe of quid, hardly life or death is it? Have you never made a mistake at work? Get some persepective, vote with your feet.

As for not disclosing what, if any, action was taken, standard stuff. Would you like it if every time you made an error at work it was broadcast for all and sundry?

I've had some crappy service from V in the past, but you know what? I dealt with it like an adult. I was resoanable, polite and in the end both parties walked away happy. Try it, rather than demading blood.
if i say worked in a garage sellin car parts and kept promising things to people i couldnt fullfill would be disiplined or sacked would i not??

this same girl told my brother on the same day she would increase his package (BB ONLY) FROM 2 MEG (£18) to 4 meg) at a £17 price..
like said in another post this isnt cr*ppy service this is sheer incompetence.
and by the way he has been recieving bils for over £30 now for a
4meg service, work that 1 out?

by the way i did spend a few days spendin a long time tryin to sort this cr*p out in a reasonable manner. and also i am 41 years of age and do know how to act like a adult. but there agian we should let people like her rip people like me and others off now shall we.
u can,,I WONT. she should do her job or go

lostandconfused
17-03-2008, 08:44
if i say worked in a garage sellin car parts and kept promising things to people i couldnt fullfill would be disiplined or sacked would i not??

this same girl told my brother on the same day she would increase his package (BB ONLY) FROM 2 MEG (£18) to 4 meg) at a £17 price..
like said in another post this isnt cr*ppy service this is sheer incompetence.
and by the way he has been recieving bils for over £30 now for a
4meg service, work that 1 out?

by the way i did spend a few days spendin a long time tryin to sort this cr*p out in a reasonable manner. and also i am 41 years of age and do know how to act like a adult. but there agian we should let people like her rip people like me and others off now shall we.
u can,,I WONT. she should do her job or go

There seems to be something wrong there. If your brother only has BB, the full price for the 4mb BB is £25.00. The first month may be slightly more being pro-rata but you did say bills so that suggests more than one. Can you post what exactly is written on the bill.

ANTO
17-03-2008, 12:36
There seems to be something wrong there. If your brother only has BB, the full price for the 4mb BB is £25.00. The first month may be slightly more being pro-rata but you did say bills so that suggests more than one. Can you post what exactly is written on the bill.

yea i will post what is on his bill.he has been with VM like myself for aound 4 or 5 years too.