PDA

View Full Version : Just got off the phone.

Swansea-Jack
08-03-2008, 12:50
After they mucked up my bill, anyway I was on the 20meg broadband, spoke to a girl in retentions and agreed to cut my bill I'd go down to the L package.

Anyway what came up in conversation was that anybody on the 20meg package wouldn't be getting that speed anyway as they are limiting the speed of users on their top tier.

When I had the 20meg I never got close to those speeds anyway so that makes sense in what she says, anyone else know anything about this?

Stephen
08-03-2008, 13:47
I get 20MB all the time unless I go over the usage limits in the evening in which case it get slower.

Ravenheart
08-03-2008, 13:59
I get 20mb no probs, unless I go over the limits

what?
08-03-2008, 15:42
other than that the agent u spoke to was talking out their rear end?

unless there is a fault in the area then everyone should get the full 20 meg. i also do, unless as has been said i get put under traffic management. there is more than enuf people on here complaining to make you think people dont, but in general the 20 meg iv found to be quite reliable. certainly in Glasgow anyway, me and friends on the 20meg
service all get it more or less constantly.

quite often find comp settings/routers are the biggest culprit for slow 20 meg speeds

Welshchris
08-03-2008, 16:59
After they mucked up my bill, anyway I was on the 20meg broadband, spoke to a girl in retentions and agreed to cut my bill I'd go down to the L package.

Anyway what came up in conversation was that anybody on the 20meg package wouldn't be getting that speed anyway as they are limiting the speed of users on their top tier.

When I had the 20meg I never got close to those speeds anyway so that makes sense in what she says, anyone else know anything about this?

i also had probs on 20mb in swansea, im in SA1 area and its a problem with over subscription. I have spoken to the Chief Executives office and they have assured me that all UBRs in Swansea are being upgraded by March 22nd and also the 4-10mb upgrade should also kick in by then.

die5el
08-03-2008, 20:29
I get 20mb no probs, unless I go over the limits and im in SA1 area

Swansea-Jack
08-03-2008, 20:33
I used to get 20meg speeds but the last few months aint been higher then say 10meg.

Welshchris
09-03-2008, 01:17
I get 20mb no probs, unless I go over the limits and im in SA1 area

proberbly on a completly different UBR to what we both are.

im on UBR 2 Gateway 1 on Cwmbula

BarFly
09-03-2008, 16:56
proberbly on a completly different UBR to what we both are.

im on UBR 2 Gateway 1 on Cwmbula

It will be cwmbula, just depends which UBR in cwmbula, think the cwmbula UBRs serve most of the east side, you also have sketty, & gorseinon UBRS..

The upgrade may introduce a new sub set of UBRs under the name Swansea...

Though im trying to remember what area is SA1 as its quite a large postal area

Welshchris
09-03-2008, 21:12
well im in Brynmill

DerekRothwell
09-03-2008, 21:27
I bailed out of the 20mb tier as I was only getting around 10 -11mb at best. I went back to 4mb as I was getting, prior to moving to 20mb, around 3.9mb.

Now, after a few weeks back on the 4mb level, only getting (consistanly) around 1mb.

I have tried speaking to customer services, but seem to be banging my head against a brick wall. To say I am the end of my tether with VM is an understatement.

I'm in Wirral by the way.

SnoopZ
09-03-2008, 22:24
I get 20MB all the time unless I go over the usage limits in the evening in which case it get slower.

Same here. :)

what?
09-03-2008, 22:28
I bailed out of the 20mb tier as I was only getting around 10 -11mb at best. I went back to 4mb as I was getting, prior to moving to 20mb, around 3.9mb.

Now, after a few weeks back on the 4mb level, only getting (consistanly) around 1mb.

I have tried speaking to customer services, but seem to be banging my head against a brick wall. To say I am the end of my tether with VM is an understatement.

I'm in Wirral by the way.

cus services cant do anything for you. the only people that can offer any assistance would be tech support. cus services can only check the speed registered to your account, whcih cant b one meg, the lowest that could show is two. from there on in its only tech support who can find out whats causing the issue so maybe your banging your own head against a brick wall