PDA

View Full Version : Broadband Woes

PeteTheMusicGuy
28-02-2008, 09:16
I'm wondering if anyone can help me

I moved house about four weeks ago and came home from work last night to find my service not working. All the lights on the modem were green apart from the ready light. Called up TS who told me it was a billing issue. Called up billing to be told that the account was paid in full and to speak to TS.

This went on for about two hours and my service is still not on as of this morning.

Has anyone any ideas how I can get this sorted

webcrawler2050
28-02-2008, 10:43
Personally it sounds like the MAC address could be blocked for your router.

Get virgin to check your service is actually on and that your modem has been suspended. This happened to me last year, we moved, took our old modem with us, it got suspended and no interweb, they re-activated the modem and hey presto!

PeteTheMusicGuy
28-02-2008, 10:50
I will try that but It has been working fine until last night so it seems a little strange to me.

webcrawler2050
28-02-2008, 10:56
Yeah its just automated I think. The system doesn't like modems tied to your old address used a new address. Could be a simply human error as well!

Let me know how it goes!

PeteTheMusicGuy
29-02-2008, 09:14
Called up again last night and the guy kept calling me by another name. He didnt say what the problem was but that it would be in withinn two hours.

I went to try the modem three hours later and no connection so had to call again then I got another guy who asked me to ring another team that was closed. I very nicely told the guy that I could not wait so he put me on hold came back and told me it would be on withinn two minutes and it was.