PDA

View Full Version : How long before an upgrade takes effect?

Siani
24-02-2008, 01:36
I spoke to customer services on Friday evening, who assured me an upgrade from 2 MB to 4 MB would take no more than 24 hours. My TV package upgrade has happened, but I'm still waiting for the broadband upgrade. How long does this normally take? I'd be grateful for any feedback. Thanks :).

Keane
24-02-2008, 04:27
Make sure you reset your modem. Turn off the power, wait 30 seconds and turn it back on.

Siani
24-02-2008, 11:53
Thanks for the advice. I've already tried that a number of times, but no joy so far. I'll have to give them a call to sort it out, as there's still no upgrade. Maybe it's taking longer because of the weekend?

techyguy4
24-02-2008, 13:59
hi, i think you should call tech. support. If the new billing code is added on your account, then tech support person would be able to upgrade your speed instantly. And you will get the refund of call charges as well.

usher
24-02-2008, 15:18
Our 2 to 4 meg upgrade last year was active 5 minutes after we put the phone down, we were told to just unplug & restart the modem + restart the PC & we had instant 4meg

Siani
25-02-2008, 18:17
Thanks for the input, everyone. It seems some twit at the call centre had erroneously referred my account to credit control, despite there being no debt on the account. It's all sorted now!