PDA

View Full Version : Just BB, costs.

otguk
20-02-2008, 11:58
Did do a search "just the cost of broadband" and got this message...

The search term you specified (the) is under the minimum word length (4) and therefore will not be found. Please make this term longer. If this term contains a wildcard, please make this term more specific.

So all I want to know is am on 20meg but have never got that so I now want to go down to 4/10meg service. So I need to no....

What is the cost for JUST the BB? No phone line, no tv, just BB.

Thanks.

Richy99
20-02-2008, 12:21
18 for 2meg and 25 for 4meg i think

MovedGoalPosts
20-02-2008, 12:41
http://allyours.virginmedia.com/websales/service.do?id=2

Richy99
20-02-2008, 12:46
dont those price include the phone line tho rob?

rossco555
20-02-2008, 13:26
The prices are £18-£25-£37 for each tear of service and don't include any telephone line....broadband only. Ring retentions 'cos the value of each tier is rubbish from VM, particularly in the evenings given contention /bandwidth throttling (Sorry....shaping)

XFS03
20-02-2008, 15:51
dont those price include the phone line tho rob?
Strange thing is, I cannot find anywhere on that site that quotes broadband-only prices.

Have things turned full circle so that you now have to have a phone line with broadband?

I noticed a couple of mistakes on that site. The "up to 20Mb" price of £20, actually quotes £23.50 in the small print. Also, clicking on the "view details" for the 20 Mb service takes you to a page where the special offer price is again quoted at £23.50 in the small print, but says that the standard price (after 1 year) is £20!

Blow the special offer, I'll have mine at the standard price.:D

Nemeth
20-02-2008, 16:12
Strange thing is, I cannot find anywhere on that site that quotes broadband-only prices.
They are buried on the site and it's not clear for new customers, basically you can only find them if you go through the upgrade options: http://allyours.virginmedia.com/cgi-bin/formactions/existing_customer.pl

chickendippers
20-02-2008, 17:02
This is a new page: http://allyours.virginmedia.com/html/specialoffers/broadband.html

I don't know why it needs to be under a special offer to get just broadband.

jcuk
20-02-2008, 17:34
As above, yeah you can get broadband on its own at the cheaper rate for 6 months. But for the £20.00 p/m offer you need to take the telco line.

As for small print - *******s!!

Broadband offer - Offer ends midnight 31.01.08. Unless you are told otherwise by us, you must take broadband services for 12 months. £30 installation charge applies. Virgin Phone service must be taken.

It just seems the small print is different on different areas of the site, not good at all. And i reckon they are just hiding prices, i though VM was all about doing stuff differently and 'being honest'

Dont like this new scheme at all

sav112
20-02-2008, 21:49
Paying £10 here for the 2mb....and i'd say thats a fine price, would i pay £18 for 2mb no!

been on it since the whole skyone thing...

MrB
21-02-2008, 13:56
The broadband only prices are now on the homepage (not connecting from my VM line though and presents different pages at home!). Part of the Hate to Wait campaign - link on the homepage goes to:
http://allyours.virginmedia.com/html/specialoffers/broadband.html?vmsrc=vmhpld

MrB

adriang
22-02-2008, 16:13
In the pages describing upgrade costs for existing users, L broadband is priced at £25 (and that's what I pay). But in the BB prices from the main page, it offers £11.50 for the first 12 months, after which it reverts to the 'normal' price (in the small print) of £16 per month.

I've suggested to them that I should unsubscribe and reapply in order to get the now-normal £16 pm. Apparently I must unsubscribe for 3 months for this to work .. so I guess I'll have to try Sky. At £21 for much the same service that's costing me £47.50 (I have an NTL phone but don't use it), it doesn't seem likely that I'll return.

sav112
22-02-2008, 19:11
(I have an NTL phone but don't use it), it doesn't seem likely that I'll return.

I was in the same boat and got rid of it, after all my main phone is BT in the House with the Mobile second, a third phone was just stupid.

adriang
22-02-2008, 19:32
Unfortunately my wife watches those endless hospital and crime drama series on Living - I don't think they're on Freeview and I can't have Virgin TV without a phone package.