PDA

View Full Version : Help needed fron Virgin Media Techs

joesnake
20-02-2008, 10:52
Over the past 3 weeks my broadband has been down more than it has been up in our part of thr RM3 area. Its not just me but my neighbours broadband as well.

Between us have had some very helpfull techs out to look at the problem but they have been unable to help. The story that they are giving is that networks are working on the cabs. The last time I spoke to a tech he said that the was a faulty card in our cab and that it would be replaced the next day, that was a week ago.

Since then the outages have got worse, ie no service at all after 5pm for the last 2 nights. We can get no answers out of technical support and no tickets seem to be outstanding.

Can any of you guys find out what is happening please.

I am not sure whether this ought to go in a separete thread, but am wondering if a problem with our set top box is connected to the above ( broadband is via a SACM). The samsung box was replaced 2 weeks ago and when it appears that when broadband is down the channels do not change if a program is enterd into diary. Are the 2 problems connected?

Thanks in advance