PDA

View Full Version : Swansea Upgrades

Welshchris
19-02-2008, 00:44
I was told earlier by someone who works at the head office for Virgin Media not only are all the UBR's being upgraded by also the 4mb to 10mb upgrades will take place at the same time which will start on Feb 22nd and last for between 2-4 weeks.

Mick Fisher
19-02-2008, 04:27
Hmmm seems that everyone you speak to at VM tells you a different version of how things are gonna pan out.
If I was to read anything into that I would say it is all bull.
They will tell you anything if they think it might retain your custom and even more importantly, get you off the damn phoneline. :)
With VM you can only believe something when it actually happens.
I fully expect the 4 to 10 upgrade to be every bit the disaster that the 20meg upgrade IS. They didn't upgrade the UBR's for that so why start now for the 4 to 10.
Of course I will be delighted to be proved wrong.

xspeedyx
19-02-2008, 08:36
Well I have looked at the vm ubr upgrade list and there is loads so it could very well be true

Welshchris
19-02-2008, 12:58
they r upgrading the UBRs to be able to cope with the 50mb rollout thats due end of the year, he estimated around November.

he also said that by the looks of things its gonna be a new grade that you can upgrade to and not an upgrade for 20mb users.

eddcase
19-02-2008, 20:58
Hmmm seems that everyone you speak to at VM tells you a different version of how things are gonna pan out.
If I was to read anything into that I would say it is all bull.
They will tell you anything if they think it might retain your custom and even more importantly, get you off the damn phoneline. :)
With VM you can only believe something when it actually happens.
I fully expect the 4 to 10 upgrade to be every bit the disaster that the 20meg upgrade IS. They didn't upgrade the UBR's for that so why start now for the 4 to 10.
Of course I will be delighted to be proved wrong.

Awww c'mon Mick, you seem determined to be unhappy. Let's see what happens before we start moaning and, if all is well, perhaps we could come on the forum and say that too :).

xspeedyx
19-02-2008, 22:40
they r upgrading the UBRs to be able to cope with the 50mb rollout thats due end of the year, he estimated around November.

he also said that by the looks of things its gonna be a new grade that you can upgrade to and not an upgrade for 20mb users.

Well that was kind of never gonna happen due to 50Mb is costing them alot of money so it would be a waste for a free upgrade

jcuk
20-02-2008, 03:16
id just love VM to really do something to fix all the speed or the majority of speed/over subscription issues and let their customers get the speed they pay for, i think then their advertising campaigns on how cable is better than adsl will really be proven.

If theyre upgrading ubr's, wont that mean existing 20meg customers will also benefit? i.e. ones who do not recieve full 20meg.

lostandconfused
20-02-2008, 07:07
id just love VM to really do something to fix all the speed or the majority of speed/over subscription issues and let their customers get the speed they pay for, i think then their advertising campaigns on how cable is better than adsl will really be proven.

If theyre upgrading ubr's, wont that mean existing 20meg customers will also benefit? i.e. ones who do not recieve full 20meg.

Yes it should benefit all customers on over subscribed areas.

xspeedyx
20-02-2008, 08:22
You should see the list of UBR's that need a upgrade omfg theres loads

Welshchris
20-02-2008, 13:44
apparently they ALL have to be upgraded by November at the latest.

jcuk
20-02-2008, 16:37
You should see the list of UBR's that need a upgrade omfg theres loads

darth, is the uddingston ubr (scotland) to be upgraded too?

Welshchris
29-02-2008, 23:23
as i said ALL of the UBRs are being upgraded.