PDA

View Full Version : Tech email address

middlefinger
12-02-2008, 16:20
I was on here abit ago looking at some threads but can't seem to find them now. Had a quick search but might of done a man look :dozey:

Am i right thinking there is an email address to get in contact with tech support rather that the phone?

I'm having trouble with my 120 modem dropping. This doesn't happen everyday but seems to be happening at least every other day. I already phoned virgin about it and they sent a technician who said to my parents (while I was at work so I couldn't do anything) that because it was online when he got there and hadn't dropped, that there is nothing he can do. Wow thats great problem solving virgin, thanks a bunch ;).

I had a conversation with the helpline lady and told them exactly what was happening, the lady at virgin stated that my modem was very poorly after running some tests from her end and would need replacing.

Really don't want to speak to them over the phone again :confused: as it will be another waste of time, would rather write everything down in a email so this can be passed onto the technician.

Toto
12-02-2008, 16:22
Reply, start here (http://www.virginmedia.com/contact/contact1.php?category=portal&app=contact) then scroll down to the section "By Email".

HTH

bonzoe
12-02-2008, 18:58
You could try posting on virginmedia.support.broadband.cable newsgroup. I have found that you get quick replies on there and no 25p per minute for support. If they confirm the modem is faulty they will send another.........

chickendippers
12-02-2008, 19:25
I agree with bonzoe; you are highly unlikely to get a reply to an email, but you will get one (from a British person) if you post on the newsgroup.

middlefinger
13-02-2008, 15:18
You could try posting on virginmedia.support.broadband.cable newsgroup. I have found that you get quick replies on there and no 25p per minute for support. If they confirm the modem is faulty they will send another.........

Thanks for this, how do I start posting. Im not sure what my virgin email address is, I use an hotmail account and haven't bothered with the ntl/virgin one since i've had broadband. About 4yrs I think.

Haven't used newsgroups before and I dont bother with Outlook express, but i'll set it up if it will get my modem replaced.

bonzoe
13-02-2008, 18:25
They will probably be able to help you find out what your e-mail address is once you start posting.............can't give any advice on using OE on newsgroups.

Just noticed this is my post 666, is that an Omen?

middlefinger
14-02-2008, 10:42
They will probably be able to help you find out what your e-mail address is once you start posting.............can't give any advice on using OE on newsgroups.

Just noticed this is my post 666, is that an Omen?

Cheers bud, how do I start posting? It might sound like a daft question but I can't find anywhere to post my dilema. Is it like a forums or can you only post by joining the newsgroup?

---------- Post added at 10:42 ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 ----------

Think i've found the answer and need to setup my email software to allow newsgroups. Can I do this even though I haven't got any email account setup on my computer? I've only had this computer a few months and I haven't opened the email software yet as I use an hotmail account.

Will not knowing my email address cause a problem aswell or should it straight forward and work ok?

bonzoe
14-02-2008, 17:38
You have to subscribe to newsgroups, then you can post.............but as I said, I cannot give advice on using OE, it's years since I touched it.

middlefinger
18-02-2008, 12:23
You have to subscribe to newsgroups, then you can post.............but as I said, I cannot give advice on using OE, it's years since I touched it.

Thanks people, gonna set up the newsgroup tonight and hopefully get my router changed. Its a pain in the backside when it drops, esp when im whooping people on COD4

Nemeth
18-02-2008, 12:54
http://www.virginmedia.com/customers/newsgroups/setting-up.php
http://www.virginmedia.com/customers/newsgroups/listings.php

Should get your started with newsgroups.