PDA

View Full Version : Finally had enough of Virgin Media

jailhouse
08-02-2008, 12:34
After putting up with the crap service from Poxy Vm i've had enough and cancelled the lot with a thirty day end date. They seem to have the attitude of a nasty STD, it's there, something needs to be done to cure it, but they are in denial they have a problem!:td:

I was flabbergasted when you speak to a technical "asian continent" support operator, that after you have done all their tests, they have the cheak to say "there is no problem" and hang up.:monkey:

For months now, instead of the 20Mb connection i am paying for, i rarely get 2 - 3 Mb, but VM insist there is no problem! The same with the TV, the V Box plays back programmes with broken sound and pixillated pictures, with a regularly growing frequency i get error 1010, you are not allowed to view this service (I am on the top tier) and you then have to go through the process of having VM reset the box, with not so much as a "sorry".

I would be interested to hear from anyone else who has been "pushed over the edge" by this ridiculous service (or lack of) and how did you deal with it?

jh

Toto
08-02-2008, 12:41
You may want to review some of the many posts then from people who have had similar problems and have done something about it, rather than invite further posts to a common themed thread.

I'm not sure I agree with your manipulation of the terms "Virgin", but I understand you are angry and fed up.

Andys_Ipod
08-02-2008, 12:58
I fully understand how you feel jailhouse as myself am so fed up and pushed to the limit with VM.
As i live in the PO12 area which had an "outage" recently since saturday night until this morning i had been unable to log onto the net.
After constant calls and them passing buck as to when it would be fixed i decided to end my contract with VM.
I understand if there is nothing they can do with an outage but i would of appreciated bit more understanding from the tech support helpline and not blantant lies from them... be honest and say we have no idea when it will be up and running not fob me off with various time scales that never did work.

jailhouse
08-02-2008, 13:05
Toto,

thanks for your input. Yes it was written in haste and anger.

But the overall message is VM are more concerned about getting new customers on board and grabbing their money rather than looking after the existing clientelle.

I am in the process of going through the ISPA, and i was trying to ascertain what others have done to resolve their problems. I pay for a top tier service and expect a standard of customer and technical service to reflect that financial input. Having to pay VM a 10p connection charge and 25ppm to tell them their service is down is nothing more than a money making scam.

If you question VM on the charges they state it is because they were having many calls not related to the internet service! Rubbish, if the problem is not related to their service the customer should be informed at the beginning of the call that if it is not a service related problem the call charges will be added to their bill at the end of the call.

I think RB sold his credibility when he sold his brand to the VM masthead.

jh

xspeedyx
08-02-2008, 13:12
Have a word with a mod they normally get things sorted or atleast try dam hard

chickendippers
08-02-2008, 13:26
Have you got an up-to-date modem?
Are these figures gained when the modem is directly connected to the computer (ie no router)?
Have you tried this: http://www.virginmedia.com/help/20mb...timisation.php (http://www.virginmedia.com/help/20mb-broadband-optimisation.php) ?

jailhouse
08-02-2008, 13:54
Andys Ipod, it really is a shame that VM are prepared to take such losses, but even more controversially, the "tech support" from abroad is so mediocre. I had been with the cable company from when it was TeleWest, NTL and then VM, and i honestly believed the hype after the Sky One debacle when they said they had great things on the horizon to replace lost channels, new improved speeds and competitive services. By then i was tied into another years contract, but not now.

After the last incident last night when i phoned customer services to raise an issue i was told in no uncertain terms that because i would not call the tech services "premium rate number" the operator was logging it down that i had refused technical support. I cancelled there and then!

ChickenDippers, i have called VM a number of times about the modem, but have been told that there is nothing wrong with the modem and would not supply a replacment. I am hard wired directly to the PC, no router, and each time i have called it is the same thing, spyware, virus, downloading (which i don't do) i use the net for surfing and work, and occasionally i will connect the xbox directly for my son to play online, and even then it is terribly slow.

I did not make the decision lightly to leave, but after ongoing issues for months now my money can be put to better use, and i can still get a better service from "Be" according to other user feedback.

jh

Noggo
08-02-2008, 14:11
Are they keeping stum about the network being in a good state of affairs? You have only got to look at threads in here, on other forums, newsgroup support and my personal favourite asking other gamers on IRC (wow loads of bad comments and only a few good ones). I don’t know whether or not the latest round of UBR maintenance / upgrades is going to resolve any issues (lets hope so), but it seams that most of the newsgroup support people from VM are saying that issues will be resolve when your UBR is upgraded. This one from Jan 08:-
“I have identified a packet loss issue on the UBR that you are on. This is
already raised under internal ticket ref 616365. There is network
maintenance planned for April to upgrade this UBR”

So they know there are BIG problems in some areas, but keeping stum about it is the best way to make money. Hoping new customers don’t leave with 30 days and existing customers don’t ask for a refund or go elsewhere for the broadband. Depending on what happens in the next week with my claim, is whether I stay or go. wow it will be six months in April from my initial contact with problems when my UBR gets done (just happens to be my UBR listed above. If I would have found out earlier than 3 weeks ago, I wouldn’t be a VM customer now.)

jailhouse
08-02-2008, 14:30
Noggo, you have hit the nail on the head. You ask about the UBR and tech state there is no problem. I state, no not at 11.30 while i am calling you now (booked a day off to try and resolve the problem), but from 4pm onwards it is dreadful. So when you call in the evening (i normally finish work around 6pm) to report the problem, invariably i receive a foreign tech who goes through the normal stuff, but if you ask about the UBR (or contention ratios) you are told everything is OK, but they cannot tell you what the throughput is on the UBR as they cannot see that information!!!! But they still say all is OK.

jh

Welshchris
08-02-2008, 15:32
Just a warning to those who are ending their contract with Virgin Media.

Get the disconnection date in writing from them as there has been problems with non disconnections on the date given and being charged an extra month. Also check the disconnection date to see if its correct and even exists, i once had a disconnection date from NTL when i was living at home 3 years ago being the 31st of November which doesnt exist.

jailhouse
08-02-2008, 15:37

Get the disconnection date in writing from them as there has been problems with non disconnections on the date given and being charged an extra month. Also check the disconnection date to see if its correct and even exists, i once had a disconnection date from NTL when i was living at home 3 years ago being the 31st of November which doesnt exist.

WelshChris,

thanks for that. I never thought about it, but it is a very important point, i will be calling customer services to ensure i receive a disconnection date in writing as i never thought to ask for it and was not offered a confirmation letter only a "date for March 2nd".

jh

Horace
08-02-2008, 16:28
It makes me wonder, how much VM have lost through alienating customers with off-shore support verses what it would of cost to keep all support here. Personally I've managed to get the few problems I've had fixed through support but I've been pretty patient with their failings. The onus should never be on the customer to be the patient one when it comes to basics such as language and technical problems directly related to being remotely connected to the supplier. This applies to most off-shore support I've dealt with not just Virgin's.

With some company's now bringing their support back here and others making their UK support a feature of their advertising, I suspect the costs either even themselves out or the goodwill lost by customers just isn't worth the savings.

xspeedyx
08-02-2008, 16:48
It makes me wonder, how much VM have lost through alienating customers with off-shore support verses what it would of cost to keep all support here. Personally I've managed to get the few problems I've had fixed through support but I've been pretty patient with their failings. The onus should never be on the customer to be the patient one when it comes to basics such as language and technical problems directly related to being remotely connected to the supplier. This applies to most off-shore support I've dealt with not just Virgin's.

With some company's now bringing their support back here and others making their UK support a feature of their advertising, I suspect the costs either even themselves out or the goodwill lost by customers just isn't worth the savings.

not £14 million per anaual year

Noggo
08-02-2008, 17:16
Yes getting a confirmation would be advisable if done by telephone. I always send my contact endings by recorded delivery letter, then ring a few days after confirming the letter has been delivered by Royal Mail.

Can anyone who has been with Telewest from the start, some 7 years ago. Confirm whether or not you paid for two months at the start of the contract? Without going back through loads of paper work I can't remember. I think it was a £60 charge for two months. If so, the last bill should be less £30 shouldn't it?

Bonglet
08-02-2008, 17:46
you paid a one off connection charge and then 1 month ahead but here's the catch they will bill you still if say you cancelled on the 29th but your bill date paid upto date was on the 15th of that month vm will bill you from between 15-29th at a higher price for each day connected so even though you think you have to pay nothing those 10-14 days will work out about 20-30 quid ;(.

fuzzer54
09-02-2008, 07:28
After months and months of similar problems, I kept up with the persistent calls and angry emails. Finally, this week they did something about it, upgrading the local grid. It's like chalk and cheese. Wheras before my speed was dipping to less than 0.5 mb at busy times, now it never goes below 10.0.... and more often than not is 19+. It's only been three days, though, so am still keeping my fingers crossed that it lasts!

---------- Post added at 07:28 ---------- Previous post was at 07:27 ----------

Oh yes... and they've also chopped a tenner off my subscription each month, which was nice.

eddcase
09-02-2008, 10:59
After months and months of similar problems, I kept up with the persistent calls and angry emails. Finally, this week they did something about it, upgrading the local grid. It's like chalk and cheese. Wheras before my speed was dipping to less than 0.5 mb at busy times, now it never goes below 10.0.... and more often than not is 19+. It's only been three days, though, so am still keeping my fingers crossed that it lasts!

---------- Post added at 07:28 ---------- Previous post was at 07:27 ----------

Oh yes... and they've also chopped a tenner off my subscription each month, which was nice.

Optimist: "VM has responded to complaint and provided a better service at a cheaper price"

Pessimist: "Your service has been so bad you deserve the refund".

Can't be easy working at VM ;)

jailhouse
11-02-2008, 10:33
welshchris,

glad i saw your reply. Called VM, and they had no record of me cancelling all my services. Have asked for written clarification to ensure it gets done and will follow this up with a recorded delivery letter as backup.

Amazingly though, was never asked why i wanted to leave, even after being a customer fom when it was C&W, BY, NTL and then VM. Maybe they are getting that many new customers online they dont care if the "old and bold" get fed up and leave.

Thanks for the advice.

jh

xpod
11-02-2008, 11:21
After putting up with the crap service from Poxy Vm i've had enough and cancelled the lot with a thirty day end date. They seem to have the attitude of a nasty STD, it's there, something needs to be done to cure it, but they are in denial they have a problem!

I was flabbergasted when you speak to a technical "asian continent" support operator, that after you have done all their tests, they have the cheak to say "there is no problem" and hang up.

For months now, instead of the 20Mb connection i am paying for, i rarely get 2 - 3 Mb, but VM insist there is no problem! The same with the TV, the V Box plays back programmes with broken sound and pixillated pictures, with a regularly growing frequency i get error 1010, you are not allowed to view this service (I am on the top tier) and you then have to go through the process of having VM reset the box, with not so much as a "sorry".

I would be interested to hear from anyone else who has been "pushed over the edge" by this ridiculous service (or lack of) and how did you deal with it?

I`m not repeating our many tales of woe these last 2 years but my NTL/VM history is mostly all on here......somewhere.
Never whining as such but merely just recording my/our own experiences,as well as attempting to educate myself a wee bit more on the matters at hand:dunce:

If i had`nt attempted the edumucational part i may well have jumped ship during our first few months,then again later that year.
Then,once that 10Mb went to 20Mb i could have jumped ship soooo many times that i`d have probably drowned had it been water as we were swamped with crappy speeds,far more often than not.
Relative to the UP TO 20Mb of course.;)
Dropping to 6,5,4,3,2........even 1Mb(when we did),has never had me feeling quite as suicidal as it seemingly has for many although i did do what i had to do.

I`m not the only VM user in the house though and i think the wife & kids would probably argue that their great TV & phone(?) is far more important than dads silly BB speeds.:rolleyes:
The truth is is that i could drop kick this 20Mb modem out of that window here and get by perfectly well with the 1Mb STB there.
Ok OK,1Mb would do me ok i suppose but 4Mb would surely suffice for those times when we`re all online???

Apparently patience is a virtue and if that is the case then i`ve possibly used more of my quota with NTL/VM these last 2 years than i have with the computers and numerous OS`s i`ve only been using since the very same day that first pair of cowboy engineers came and did their thing.

Gambling is a mugs game and i know enough about family,friends & neighbors SKY,Tiscali,BT etc etc etc to know the grass would never be any greener elsewhere so i`m not taking that gamble,not now.

My best advice........if you only get 1-3Mb then pay for 1-3Mb.
Our 0wn 20Mb took 5 months before it started playing nice,consistently nice at that but then then i could`nt care less either way.

I do like a challenge;)

KaySquirrel
11-02-2008, 11:25

Excellent tip. We recently sent them 30 days' advance notice of our cancellation in writing, by recorded delivery and mentioned in the cancellation request letter "Please note, this cancellation request letter has been sent recorded, and we have retained a copy of it to ensure that we do not continue to get billed for the services after we have cancelled them." No harm in being pre-emptive when it comes to VM.

We got a letter back from VM saying that they couldn't cancel us on the Feb 28th as we'd requested because they need 30 days' notice, so will cancel us on Feb 29 instead -- a date which exists this year, so hopefully everything will work out well.

Always nice to have something back from them in writing, so that if/when they try to keep charging us, sending them back a copy of their cancellation confirmation letter should sort things out quickly.

I`m not repeating our many tales of woe these last 2 years but my NTL/VM history is mostly all on here......somewhere.
Never whining as such but merely just recording my/our own experiences,

I've kept details of all our troubles with NTL-then-VM over the past 2 years in my blog. Helps me keep things in the same place so I can refer back to details as needed. :)

waldopepper
11-02-2008, 13:15
You are not alone!

I've been moaning about Virgin Media for a long while but the fact that I would have to get a TV aerial and BT phone line installed to even contemplate leaving them is stopping me.

My main gripe is the fact that customers are now charged to troubleshoot problems with the service. I can understand PC set-up conversations cost them dearly and should be charged (£1 a minute now I believe) but I have to call a 25p per minute number to ask them why my broadband has gone down.

It hasn't happened that often but every time I have pretty much the same long pointless conversation:
Me: broadband and TV is not working, I've checked with my neighbours and theirs has gone down as well, I've unplugged everything and plugged back in, nothing is working, just flashing lights on the modem
Operator: try unplugging everything for 30 seconds...
Me: as I said I've done that already. My neighbours are also having the same problems
Operator: if we could just try that whilst I'm on the phone.....

Basically they usually end up somehow coming to the conclusion that my set-top box or modem is faulty and they call an engineer. By the time the engineer arrives the next day or one after the service is back OK. Do I call them back to cancel the engineer? No, because I would be charged to. I told them this when I arrive and they just laugh and shake their head.

Our office are involved in a bid for some work with Virgin Media to help stem the exodus of customers they experience every month - you wouldn't believe the numbers involved.

Sherlock614
11-02-2008, 13:30
Due to moving house, i am no longer with Virgin.

I am now on Be Unlimited Internet at a max of around 7mb due to line length. All you people with problems and moans and gripes, i can understand.

But the grass isn't green on the other side unless you live next door to your local exchange!!

I would love to have my Virgin service back... Don't be hasty in dropping it unless you definitely know where your going will be better ;)

(By the way i don't work for them hehehe)

KaySquirrel
11-02-2008, 13:45
Due to moving house, i am no longer with Virgin.

*snippy snip*

I would love to have my Virgin service back... Don't be hasty in dropping it unless you definitely know where your going will be better ;)

We're in the same situation, but where we're moving to isn't a VM serviced area. We'd love to keep them for BB alone!

xpod
11-02-2008, 14:03
I've kept details of all our troubles with NTL-then-VM over the past 2 years in my blog. Helps me keep things in the same place so I can refer back to details as needed.

Very sensible....still takes me all my time to find some old post though;)

My main gripe is the fact that customers are now charged to troubleshoot problems with the service. I can understand PC set-up conversations cost them dearly and should be charged (£1 a minute now I believe) but I have to call a 25p per minute number to ask them why my broadband has gone down.

I certainly dont agree with the TS call charges but then i`ve had every single charged call i`ve had to make refunded.....and then some;)
I just dont call unless i know it`s not me,or anything at my end though.

snazzy
11-02-2008, 17:59
I have put up with almost a year of very very poor BB. I have 2mb and it's been fantastic. Now it's almost less than useless.

What I want to know is this. Why has it taken almost a year for them to tell me it's a utilisation
issue? I have been telling them this for months on end. They still take my money and it's only recently that they gave me that crappy XL TV free for a year.

I have now been given a date for this to be all fixed. I have been promised that it's only a software update that is needed. If the date of April 5th comes and goes and it's not fixed. There will be no thirty days notice. I'll rip the damn thing outta the wall, call them and tell them to take the three services out of my house. Even the VOD was having a fit the other night again. Not only could I not go on the net, but I couldn't use the VOD service. I mean, what is the point of it all?

jailhouse
11-02-2008, 20:19
I have put up with almost a year of very very poor BB. I have 2mb and it's been fantastic. Now it's almost less than useless.

What I want to know is this. Why has it taken almost a year for them to tell me it's a utilisation
issue? I have been telling them this for months on end. They still take my money and it's only recently that they gave me that crappy XL TV free for a year.

I have now been given a date for this to be all fixed. I have been promised that it's only a software update that is needed. If the date of April 5th comes and goes and it's not fixed. There will be no thirty days notice. I'll rip the damn thing outta the wall, call them and tell them to take the three services out of my house. Even the VOD was having a fit the other night again. Not only could I not go on the net, but I couldn't use the VOD service. I mean, what is the point of it all?

Snazzy, i feel for you mate. Just got in this evening to be told the internet is down, the VoD is making strange noises with the picture pixillating, the sound cutting off and even what sounds like a loud "crack" emminating now and again.

The wife called VM, told to do the usual, low and behols "still no internet", the best is when she said to the lady about not receiving our cancellation letter she stated "of there is nothing on the screen stating that", but i had only called then again today before i left to clarify things, as i said in an earlier post, it seemed strange the operator did not ask why i was leaving, even if only for a Quality Feedback purposes!!!!

Seems customer service is a thing of the past as well. It is a shame as there are some great staff working there but maybe everyone is feeling the strain.

jh

snazzy
11-02-2008, 22:08
VOD is locking up again tonight, just as it was last night. I'll not even mention my BB.

jcuk
12-02-2008, 00:35
Guys im really sorry to hear all this, every day at work and every minute i spend on this board i think how lucky i am to never have had a problem with services. Ive had 1 or 2 in the past 5 years, techs out the next day, really friendly fixed and sorted instantly.

Reckon you should all move upto scotland guys!!

Wait, do any scottish punters have big problems with v.media?

(apart from tsc which are rubbish, period.)

Welshchris
12-02-2008, 01:18
welshchris,

glad i saw your reply. Called VM, and they had no record of me cancelling all my services. Have asked for written clarification to ensure it gets done and will follow this up with a recorded delivery letter as backup.

Amazingly though, was never asked why i wanted to leave, even after being a customer fom when it was C&W, BY, NTL and then VM. Maybe they are getting that many new customers online they dont care if the "old and bold" get fed up and leave.

Thanks for the advice.

jh

i was told by someone here that Virgin media are loosing customers on a 3:1 basis than signing up in South Wales

jailhouse
12-02-2008, 14:57
i was told by someone here that Virgin media are loosing customers on a 3:1 basis than signing up in South Wales

Welshchris, i just got off the phone to VM, i asked them why i had not received a letter confirming my cancellation date (i applied last week), and was told by the Customer Services person that i get the confirmation "roughly 12 days after i am disconnected, 12th March, with my final bill"! I thought the date was from when i contacted them!!!!

Does anyone know if this is standard practice as i do not want to get stung by VM for late billing.

As for losing customers, three people who i work with have asked to be disconnected this week from VM, annoyed on the one point that their speed is so slow (on the same as me 20Mb), but fuming also at the upgrade from VM for users on the 4Mb to 10Mb, when they are having trouble with connections which on the main go unresolved.

If VM continue to lose clients at this rate what help will there be for the company in the future. They may sign new people on now for a 12 month contract, but what happens when all these new clients do not get what they were promised?

On a lighter note, i've never had any freebies off VM, but i had to smile today when i got home to find a card from VM congratulating me on my new installation, with a complimentary tea bag, to sit back, watch VoD, browse the internet and "while away" my troubles. Someone at VM has a sense of humour it seems, just wonder what brand the tea bag is?:)

jh

Mick Fisher
12-02-2008, 18:06
Welshchris, i just got off the phone to VM, i asked them why i had not received a letter confirming my cancellation date (i applied last week), and was told by the Customer Services person that i get the confirmation "roughly 12 days after i am disconnected, 12th March, with my final bill"! I thought the date was from when i contacted them!!!!

Does anyone know if this is standard practice as i do not want to get stung by VM for late billing.

As for losing customers, three people who i work with have asked to be disconnected this week from VM, annoyed on the one point that their speed is so slow (on the same as me 20Mb), but fuming also at the upgrade from VM for users on the 4Mb to 10Mb, when they are having trouble with connections which on the main go unresolved.

If VM continue to lose clients at this rate what help will there be for the company in the future. They may sign new people on now for a 12 month contract, but what happens when all these new clients do not get what they were promised?

On a lighter note, i've never had any freebies off VM, but i had to smile today when i got home to find a card from VM congratulating me on my new installation, with a complimentary tea bag, to sit back, watch VoD, browse the internet and "while away" my troubles. Someone at VM has a sense of humour it seems, just wonder what brand the tea bag is?:)

jh
Recently I have cancelled the DTV service and then a few months later cancelled the BB (but relented and re-instated it before the cancellation date) and both times received a letter well before the cancellations dates.

Refreshingly I have noticed no billing discrepancies to date.

Strangely, just after cancelling the BB, which effectively meant cancelling VM as it is my last remaining service from them, I received a questionnaire, by email, thanking me for choosing VM as my service provider and asking me what, if anything, they could do to improve the service. I understand that this could be construed as a response to my cancellation but the wording implies that I am a new customer.

Yes someone at VM may have a sense of humour or perhaps, in the interest of efficiency :) and economy, they just send the same old standard questionnaire to both new and cancelling business?

jailhouse
13-02-2008, 12:58
Hi Mick thanks for the reply.

Well it just goes to show, the left hand doess not appear to know what the right hand is doing. This morning through the letter box came a confirmation letter confirming my disconnection for 7th Mar and collection of equipment 12th Mar.

Hooray!!!!!

jh

Mick Fisher
13-02-2008, 16:11
Good to hear. :)

tweetypie/8
13-02-2008, 16:40
After putting up with the crap service from Poxy Vm i've had enough and cancelled the lot with a thirty day end date. They seem to have the attitude of a nasty STD, it's there, something needs to be done to cure it, but they are in denial they have a problem!:td:

I was flabbergasted when you speak to a technical "asian continent" support operator, that after you have done all their tests, they have the cheak to say "there is no problem" and hang up.:monkey:

jh

sorry for the rough ride you have had,but i have to be honest ive had no problems this end luck of the draw i suppose !.

jailhouse
13-02-2008, 21:38
tweetypie /8,

you've solved it, i'll just move to Belfast;) - no on second thoughts i better not do that incase it oversubscibes your UBR:D

Thanks for the reply anyway.

I just find it so sad that rather than admitting there is a problem with the UBR loading for my area WS3 i was continually told my connection is fine!!!! and there was no problem with the modem.

Oh well, shame it ends this way as i have been a customer since C&W were doing dial up access and have always upgraded to the top package on offer, as i have done with VM for TV, BB, VoD,Mobile etc.

Perhaps they are so busy giving out "freebie" upgrades they have lost their way and forget about the clients who pay the actual costs and have been with them for a long while, perhaps on the assumption that we have been a client for so many years we will never change ISP's.

One very pleasant surprise was when i called up V Mobile to discuss my latest bill before disconnection a very helpful lass said i should call "retentions" as it is a shame to lose a customer who has been with them so long. I felt a little embarassed actually when i had to tell her that would not be much use as it is not the cost of the package i am on, but the lack of service i receive for my package that has caused me to make my decision to leave. Still a very nice gesture from her though, real customer service and well done to V Mobile.

jh

jailhouse
15-02-2008, 20:31
well,my son has logged on his xbox to receive crap connection. What have i done PC wise today, hmmm, let me think?????

Oh yeah, i posted a few replies here on the forum!

Must be the massive size of the fonts used on here that is taking up my band width?

Anyone got anyone rose tinted glasses? they may make my internet work faster!

jh

xpod
15-02-2008, 20:48
Wait, do any scottish punters have big problems with v.media?

I suppose you could say we`ve had a few.

We do live in London now though.
Decide for yourself what i myself deem more of a problem;)

Um just nae sure a kin dae it nae mare:D

jailhouse
15-02-2008, 23:45
Aye, my wee laddie i kin understand.

Keep strong, defy the Virgin and have a happy life :-)

jh

eth01
15-02-2008, 23:50
awww shame.. :(

</sarcasm>

xpod
16-02-2008, 00:07
Aye, my wee laddie i kin understand.

Keep strong, defy the Virgin and have a happy life :-)

jh

I`ll be back!!
Just as soon as my youngest as flown the coop,or the the Mother In Law pops her clogs,whichever happens first:angel:

She`s actually part of the reason we....my wife needed/wanted(?) to move down here all those years ago.
It turned out to be quite a good decision i have to concede.Plus the MIL is good stuff really,with a good few years left in her too.A good many in fact:erm:

Still though,it took me a whole year after i moved the wife and kids down before i finally tidied up my affairs back home and managed to move down on a more permanent basis myself.

awww shame..

</sarcasm>

It`s a bloody hard life eh:-)

Nidge
16-02-2008, 09:41
A company round my way called Prolog have taken over Tiscali's tech support, new customer helpline. Tiscali subsribers have started to increase since the call centre was moved back to the UK, you see people it can be done, English people like English speaking tech support staff.

eddcase
16-02-2008, 11:47
A company round my way called Prolog have taken over Tiscali's tech support, new customer helpline. Tiscali subsribers have started to increase since the call centre was moved back to the UK, you see people it can be done, English people like English speaking tech support staff.

B-b-but, VM's current tech support staff speak English too. And rather well I might add :sulk:.