PDA

View Full Version : Cancelled engineer visit

Kymmy
25-01-2008, 14:48
My mother-in-law has recently moved house and although she was on BT she didn't fancy paying 120 quid for them to install a new line. Her new house (well she's owned it for 40 years) has had tenants in who had previously had VM (phone/TV) so we thought it would be quicker, easier and cheaper to go with VM.

On Dec 12th I went through the online ordering hopeful to get her a phone installed. Everything went through OK and got the standard email stating "thanks for the order it's now waiting a credit check"

Early Jan came and still no reply, so I rang up for her and was told that the previous occupants had left without paying thier VM bill so the application got put on hold (would have been nice if they'd telephoned or emailed her that). Also they stated that as she was the previous tenants landlord that she would be responsible for the outstanding amount. At this point I reminded them that the tenants (who gave no forwarding address) had taken out the contract and not her then they have no legal basis to try to pass the debt onto her (nice try VM), well I asked for a supervisor who came and when I explained what had happened said of course the debt isn't anything to do with her and she'd chase up the credit reference dept again.

A few hours later she got a call direct on her mobile stating that everything had gone through OK and that an engineer would be out to her on the afternoon of the 24th Jan.

Well that was yesterday, no engineer to be seen, no phone call to say why. So as it's free from my VM phone I yet again rang up chasing what had happened. Apparently the engineer was cancelled as the credit department hadn't yet recieved proof of tenancy. I said "But they never asked for any". She then said that an email has been sent out asking for some. I said "But all her emails come to me and apart from the original email we never got one". She then went and said that the email was sent out and that it must be my ISP's fault. I said "My ISP is Virgin Media"...The phone then went quiet....

I asked why no-one had bothered contacting her as to the cancellation of the engineer and was told that that was another depts issue, I reminded her that the other dept was still in the same company, she then gave me the usual empty apology.

I've asked for the email to be resent and I got it within 10 minutes, My M-i-L is bringing over some proof tomorrow which I'll scan in and send off, and hopefully by early next week we should be able to rebook an engineer.

I just wish that departments would talk to each other and that companies would talk to thier customers as this probably wouldn't have taken 6 weeks but probably 2 weeks.

Kymmy

colin-bennett
26-01-2008, 05:43
when you order on line these things can happen..
The credit check may have come back with a straight ref to risk or details on the address may lead to concern and the rep followed process and ref to risk.
Had you called salesthis may have been dealt with at point of sale.
Once an install is cancelled by risk you stand achance the address will be put on hold so no install can be booked without being released by risk.
You need to show your m.i.l did not live at the property for the time any debt may have occured.

Kymmy
26-01-2008, 08:51
It's not what they're asking (though as she lived in the house that we currently live in for 38 years showing that proof wouldn;t be a problem. All they want I think is for her to prove that she's not the debt owing tenant trying it on under a different name.

As I said it's not the fact that she's gotta prove who she is or that she lives there it's the case that VM don't talk to each other and don't talk to customers before taking action :(

Kymmy

Kymmy
01-02-2008, 10:57
Update:

I sent throught the proof last Monday morning. My Mother in law had VM on the phone in the afternoon asking where the proof was??? I rang them up early evening and was told that it'd take 24 hours for the proof to go from the websales team to the installation team and that they'd call back as soon as the install team had it and could then book another engineer.

Friday, rang up Mother-in-law and asked if she'd heard anything...nope...so rang up VM. Spoke to a very nice Nigerian chap (I always ask where they're from when I hear an accent) called Frankie. He said that they'd never got the email (so VM to VM emails don't work :p:) and gave me his direct email and asked me to send it again, also gave him my number as he said he'd call back as soon as the email arrived.

5 minutes later Frankie rang back, said the email is there and offered me an install date next wednesday morning. Now why couldn't of the last 3 people I spoke to have done the same thing instad of passing the buck to another dept? :(

Will update next wednesday afternoon :)

Kymmy

colin-bennett
01-02-2008, 20:36
Update:

I sent throught the proof last Monday morning. My Mother in law had VM on the phone in the afternoon asking where the proof was??? I rang them up early evening and was told that it'd take 24 hours for the proof to go from the websales team to the installation team and that they'd call back as soon as the install team had it and could then book another engineer.

Friday, rang up Mother-in-law and asked if she'd heard anything...nope...so rang up VM. Spoke to a very nice Nigerian chap (I always ask where they're from when I hear an accent) called Frankie. He said that they'd never got the email (so VM to VM emails don't work :p:) and gave me his direct email and asked me to send it again, also gave him my number as he said he'd call back as soon as the email arrived.

5 minutes later Frankie rang back, said the email is there and offered me an install date next wednesday morning. Now why couldn't of the last 3 people I spoke to have done the same thing instad of passing the buck to another kiedept? :(

Will update next wednesday afternoon :)

Kymmy

Hope it works out
Would be interested in your responce next wednesday.

colin-bennett
05-02-2008, 23:09
hi
Has any one called to confirm install ????
Normal practise to ensure some one in whe tech calls

Kymmy
06-02-2008, 12:12
hi
Has any one called to confirm install ????
Normal practise to ensure some one in whe tech calls

She's had the "We're coming to install on the 6th letter" and also this morning I've called install support (the 0800 number) to confirm that the install is still going ahead.

Though it's now midday and still no sign of an engineer although they still have 1 hour left on thier timeslot ;)

Kymmy

Kymmy
07-02-2008, 09:48
Just as I sent the last the engineer turned up and fitted the phone service.

So from Internet order to completion that's 8 weeks all because departments don;t talk to other departments, proof of residence gets lost between departments and emails they said they'd sent out dont arrived on a virgin to virgin account.

The only person in CS I spoke to who was actually helpful and got past the hold-up was Frankie who I will be emailing to thank.

Come on VM, start getting your people talking to each other!!!!! :)

Kymmy