PDA

View Full Version : Technician for repair didn't show up. Now what?

ziesjoem
19-01-2008, 22:33
Hiya

New user here. I hope this is the right forum :)

My phone is dead for almost a month now. At first I thought it might be a flux, so called via my mobile. Didn't use the phone for the rest of the week, and an hour before I left for my Christmas holiday, the thing still wasn't working, but since I was going for two weeks, I didn't bother to call.
Alas, I come back, and call tech-support, and was told the next appointment would take 6 days!!!! Well, given that I had no choice, I said, ok. On to today....

Today I was supposed to get a technician to repair my phone (via cable). Supposed to be here between 9-12. Nobody showed up, and at 1:30 I had enough of it, and called tech-support. After talking to the 3rd person (1st one simply transferred me to someone else, second was not authorised), they told me the technician has been at my door, but nobody was home, and he left a note.

1) I saw the van indeed whizz past my house at around 10 o'clock. Obviously I kept looking out of the window, to open the door straight away, but nobody showed up.
2) Thought maybe not my tech, so kept on waiting.
3) 1:30, had enough, call tech-support. Number 3 says, sorry, tech was there at 10, nobody home, left a note. I said "what? didn't see anyone, and there was no note".
They "sorry sir, you have to make a new appointment, this tuesday morning?".
I said "heck no, now, I have to work during the week, and the only people I know are the people at work, and I can hardly have them to take a day off to get my phone fixed".
They "well, no technician available next weekend, but the weekend after".
I "no, I want it fixed now, not going to wait two more weeks, are you kidding me???".
I said to her that I would look into getting my contract dissolved due to their incompetence.

So, my question is obviously, has anyone in here tried this in a similar situation? I think they are incompetent, and breaching the Terms of Condition, and that because of that I can dissolve the contract, and look for a decent provider. It's the only way that I can walk, as they didn't want to budge, despite being a fault of their technician. He/she either lied about having been here (it was raining, so maybe he/she didn't want to work outside in the rain), or they were at the wrong address. Anyway, the technician could have called me on my mobile, as they had my mobile number.

I am soooo cross with Virgin Media. Sill fuming, despite it being 9 hours ago this all happened.

What's the collectives advise?

-z-

Stuart
19-01-2008, 22:38
:welcome: to the forum.

If you pm me your name, address, account number and a contact telephone number, I can refer this to the site's contacts within Virgin.

TehTech
24-01-2008, 00:15
Hiya

New user here. I hope this is the right forum :)

My phone is dead for almost a month now. At first I thought it might be a flux, so called via my mobile. Didn't use the phone for the rest of the week, and an hour before I left for my Christmas holiday, the thing still wasn't working, but since I was going for two weeks, I didn't bother to call.
Alas, I come back, and call tech-support, and was told the next appointment would take 6 days!!!! Well, given that I had no choice, I said, ok. On to today....

Today I was supposed to get a technician to repair my phone (via cable). Supposed to be here between 9-12. Nobody showed up, and at 1:30 I had enough of it, and called tech-support. After talking to the 3rd person (1st one simply transferred me to someone else, second was not authorised), they told me the technician has been at my door, but nobody was home, and he left a note.

1) I saw the van indeed whizz past my house at around 10 o'clock. Obviously I kept looking out of the window, to open the door straight away, but nobody showed up.
2) Thought maybe not my tech, so kept on waiting.
3) 1:30, had enough, call tech-support. Number 3 says, sorry, tech was there at 10, nobody home, left a note. I said "what? didn't see anyone, and there was no note".
They "sorry sir, you have to make a new appointment, this tuesday morning?".
I said "heck no, now, I have to work during the week, and the only people I know are the people at work, and I can hardly have them to take a day off to get my phone fixed".
They "well, no technician available next weekend, but the weekend after".
I "no, I want it fixed now, not going to wait two more weeks, are you kidding me???".
I said to her that I would look into getting my contract dissolved due to their incompetence.

So, my question is obviously, has anyone in here tried this in a similar situation? I think they are incompetent, and breaching the Terms of Condition, and that because of that I can dissolve the contract, and look for a decent provider. It's the only way that I can walk, as they didn't want to budge, despite being a fault of their technician. He/she either lied about having been here (it was raining, so maybe he/she didn't want to work outside in the rain), or they were at the wrong address. Anyway, the technician could have called me on my mobile, as they had my mobile number.

I am soooo cross with Virgin Media. Sill fuming, despite it being 9 hours ago this all happened.

What's the collectives advise?

-z-

Also, Make sure u speak to a manager and tell them YOU are gonna charge THEM £10 for a missed appointment, being as they do the same to us if WE are not in when they call....

ziesjoem
01-02-2008, 20:30
Here's a bit of a follow-up. VM called me back, and told me what happened was that my phone got disconnected, because they thought I didn't want their phone after all. Now here is why I think that happened....

When I originally applied, I did it online. You get a message which says that you will be contacted asap. Nothing happening, so the end of the week I called them, asking what was going on. The guy said something went wrong with credit-check and he would run with me through the details again. Gave my debitcard number, check, all ok. Modem would be send which I would install myself, technician would come in on Thursday to install the phone.
Fine with me. Monday the modem arrived, but I was out, so could only pick it up the next day. Tuesdaymorning, mobile rings "hi, this is virgin tech, I am at your house and you are not there". I said "strange, expected you Thursday, but come one in". He came to install phone and modem. Checked his work order, name & order & contactnumber where mine, except wrong housenumber. So I let him install the lot. Everything was working so he left.

Thursday I wasn't home, but apparently the techies have been at my door, again. This I was told the week after, when someone called to ask whether I wanted to go ahead with the installation. I explained everything was installed already, and that they had shown-up for nought. "OK, the I will cancel the order". "Fine", I said.

A month later VM called. They asked me if I still wanted the phone installed. I said that I already had a phone of them. He asked (you won't believe this) "Are you sure it is a phone from us?" :dunce: So I told him what happened before, and he asked if he should cancel the order, which I said "yes".

Two months later the phone then finally got disconnected.

Now where I think things went wrong, was with the actual order. I triple-checked that everything was ok, housenumber and the lot, before I send my onlne application away. Now I have the vague feeling the customer-service entered the wrong housenumber, which created a second order. So, now I have twice the same package of them, and they charge me twice. Except, one is for the neighbours (I think).

They would investigate this, and call me back, but I gave them up till today. Probably won't hear from them over the weekend, so I'll have to call them on Monday.

The moral: order only once, and do NOT fill in the details again with them via the phone. You are warned!!!!! :D

ziesjoem
17-02-2008, 11:58
Slowly making progress. I called a couple of days ago because the person would call me back with the results of his investigation, didn't. Just when I was making my way up to go and do some shopping, and call VM to enquire, I got a call regarding my still open problem.

Now things get moving :walk: !!! My second account gets closed (broadband + phone at my neighbour's), and the phone will get transferred to my address (broadband only, and disconnected phone). The person couldn't do it, because he wasn't sure how to do it on the computer (wasn't his daily job, so no prob for me), but I got the choice between a new number immediately, or wait till Monday till the appropriate people where in, who normally do this, so I opted for the latter.

Next is obviously seeing that I get my money back for the second account :erm: