PDA

View Full Version : Sony Ericsson K800i Question

FV2007
04-01-2008, 20:28
What are the best accessories to get with the SE K800i? Thanks

SMHarman
04-01-2008, 20:37
Whellll what are you getting it for?

As a music player, you could get the bluetooth stereo headset.

As a phone a bluetooth headset

As a PDA, the dock.

But really you don't need any of them out of the box it comes with wired headphones with microphone so you can listen to it on the move and make calls. It comes with the USB cable which is the same plug as the dock.

Bri_G
04-01-2008, 20:49
I would go for the bluetooth stereo headset.....does the 800i support stereo bluetooth? It will be in the destructions that came with it.

FV2007
04-01-2008, 22:34
I have a 2GB SD card that I use in my digital camera. Can I put an SD card into the K800i or would it not be compatible?

If yes, the SD card has data on it. Would I need to re-format it before I put it into the phone?

Bri_G
04-01-2008, 22:43
I think the 800i uses a sony memory stick, it being Sony(correct me if i am wrong).
If not, shove it in and see what you can see, you can't do any damage, it's only data.

nffc
04-01-2008, 22:49
it has a M2 slot.

Bri_G
04-01-2008, 22:57
M2 is not SD compatible, copy the data to your PC (already done) then copy what you want to your new M2 card.

Here (http://www.mymemory.co.uk/memory/Sony/2GB/Memory/Stick/Micro/-/M2/(Excl/Adaptor))

SMHarman
04-01-2008, 23:08
Sony Ericsson Bluetooth Headset HBH-DS970 (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000H3Z2K8/ref=ord_cart_shr?%5Fencoding=UTF8&v=glance)

toots66
05-01-2008, 14:27
I got the HBH-DS220 Stereo Bluetooth Headset for Xmas for use with my K800 and have found it very good for my needs.

FV2007
15-01-2008, 18:06
What is the best network to get the phone with on PAYG? I would like to get it on Vodafone however I have heard that Vodafone modify the phone quite a bit and it is better on O2.

Without unlocking or debranding the phone is it possible to get it on Vodafone PAYG in Silver or is that exclusive to 02?

Nugget
15-01-2008, 21:12
Purely from a phone point of view, the network's academic - realistically, you don't need any accessories as, as has already been said, it comes with headphones which are good enough and, as long as you get a decent M2 card, you'll get loads on it.

For what it's worth, I'm on O2 (although it's the black phone I've got), and a friend's on T-Mobile, and there isn't much to choose btetween the two. Mind you, Mrs Nug's just got a different model on 3, and their contracts appear to be much better than O2...

SMHarman
15-01-2008, 23:24
What is the best network to get the phone with on PAYG? I would like to get it on Vodafone however I have heard that Vodafone modify the phone quite a bit and it is better on O2.

Without unlocking or debranding the phone is it possible to get it on Vodafone PAYG in Silver or is that exclusive to 02?Purely from a phone point of view, the network's academic - realistically, you don't need any accessories as, as has already been said, it comes with headphones which are good enough and, as long as you get a decent M2 card, you'll get loads on it.Not quite. On Voda the Globe and the shortcut button have been hacked to become answer and end call. Then one of the two soft keys above is permanently set as a shortcut to vodaworld or whatever their web service might be called.
It does somewhat knobble the phone by comparison to the other three networks and even if you flash the firmware, the buttons will still have the wrong icons on them.

FV2007
16-01-2008, 18:05
I got the phone today on Vodafone, however there are no games available on the phone.

Is this usual for Vodafone? Should I call 191 and enquire? Thanks

It has "More Games" then under that it displays "GL Mega Hits".

FV2007
17-01-2008, 22:55
Anybody?

superbiatch
17-01-2008, 22:57
Mine came pre-loaded with a few games (can't remember now as I sold it just a few days ago!), but I'm with O2. Can't understand why one network would be different to another.

SMHarman
17-01-2008, 23:13
On o2 it came with tennis, Photo fishing, minigolf. Well mine did but i bought it second hand so the previous owner may have bought some of these.

You can go to the SE mobile website and download plenty of free games, however they will be charged as 3G / GPRS usage.

superbiatch
18-01-2008, 09:26
On o2 it came with tennis, Photo fishing, minigolf. Well mine did but i bought it second hand so the previous owner may have bought some of these.

You can go to the SE mobile website and download plenty of free games, however they will be charged as 3G / GPRS usage.

I do remember those games which came pre-installed with mine (and i got it from new)

DocDutch
18-01-2008, 12:06
standard it comes with photofishing, minigolf and tennis...

I know cuz I've had 2 brand new units now :)

this was on O2 mind ;) contract...so unlocked and nothing dodgy added as Orange or Voda do.

PS1
20-01-2008, 11:52
I have the k800i and id like to get an audi r8 to go with mine:D.

SMHarman
20-01-2008, 21:23
Wierd experience with my K800i. The camera stopped working just before christmas. Was going to send it off for repair, you could see the shutter blades across the lens, looked like the shutter was terminally damaged.
Yesterday the screen when all weird as well, so decided to flash the firmware on it to the latest version using wotanserver and the screen and camera came back to life. myseexplorer backup meant no loss of calendar, contacts or texts, cool.