PDA

View Full Version : Virgin Media Fixed Phone problem

Englishlady
02-01-2008, 13:50
Since I had broadband installed on 22 December, my phone has lost its' dialling tone - all I get is a sound similar (or the same as) to the engaged signal. Yet I can make and receive calls.

Before I ring VM (at 25p a minute!!) I wondered if anyone else had experienced this. I tried a different phone in the socket but it was just the same.

When the fitters installed my broadband, they didn't access the cable box but split the cable that went form my cable box to the TV - I don't know if this makes a difference.

lostandconfused
02-01-2008, 14:17
cant offer any help with your problem, but 151 is free as its a phone issue rather than a BB one

Englishlady
02-01-2008, 14:29
cant offer any help with your problem, but 151 is free as its a phone issue rather than a BB one

Thanks! Will try that!

dragon
03-01-2008, 00:32
you sure its not just interrupted dialtone to tell you that you have a diversion set or a message waiting (if you have VM's voicemail service)

Englishlady
03-01-2008, 12:12
you sure its not just interrupted dialtone to tell you that you have a diversion set or a message waiting (if you have VM's voicemail service)

I don't have VM's message waiting/voicemail. It is definitely the engaged tone!

on in an hour!
03-01-2008, 12:47
I don't have VM's message waiting/voicemail. It is definitely the engaged tone!
i think dragon may be right,dial 1571 to see if the free voicemail is set up on your line,if not cs can contact the switch to remove then replace the datafill on your line and you will have a continuous tone again ;)

Englishlady
03-01-2008, 15:18
i think dragon may be right,dial 1571 to see if the free voicemail is set up on your line,if not cs can contact the switch to remove then replace the datafill on your line and you will have a continuous tone again ;)

Thanks - I tried that but no change. I will contact CS.