NEONKNIGHT
25-12-2007, 07:45
:xmas: Everyone!

Russ
25-12-2007, 07:46
Think you might have missed the point of the thread ;) :D

zing_deleted
25-12-2007, 08:12
A bottle of Tequila (reposada)off my Dad and a Toblerone selction box off me also bought myself a Nintendo DS yesterday

Tinky
25-12-2007, 08:16
Did well, a watch, bottle of gin, fluffy scarf, chocolates, phone.:)

Xaccers
25-12-2007, 08:21
MEX-BT2500 blue tooth car radio mp3 cd player thingy, it's great, I don't need a blue tooth ear piece anymore :D
Keyring torch/attack alarm - my gf knows I love torches.
Making Money book.
New watch.

Fingy
25-12-2007, 08:30
So far... hubby has bought me a sexy new laptop and seemingly the cat went out and got me Super Mario Galaxy for the Wii, how well trained is he! :)

Tinky
25-12-2007, 08:33
So far... hubby has bought me a sexy new laptop and seemingly the cat went out and got me Super Mario Galazy for the Wii, how well trained is he! :)

Strange! My dog got me a box of chocolates too lol!;)

MadGamer
25-12-2007, 08:39
Oh so now our pets are getting us pressies too :D

Nidge
25-12-2007, 08:40
Got nothing this year due to family arguments (hence not seeing family this Christmas.) I'm having this one on my own this year then in the new year I'm going to take stock of my life and move on away from all the hassle of famlies.

Sorry to be on a downer but Christmas this year isn't happening.

Paul
25-12-2007, 08:43
Champagne, Chocolate, and a new phone.

The Hitman
25-12-2007, 08:44
I'm still waiting for Santa Zingle to bring me.

1 http://overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=HD-142-SE
2 http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-078-OK&groupid=701&catid=56&subcat=416

Tinky
25-12-2007, 08:45
Got nothing this year due to family arguments (hence not seeing family this Christmas.) I'm having this one on my own this year then in the new year I'm going to take stock of my life and move on away from all the hassle of famlies.

Sorry to hear that Nidge! Hope 2008 will be a much happier year for you!:hugs:

Sirpingalot
25-12-2007, 08:51
4GB Crucial Memory..Finally got away from that horrible 667Mhz stuff..
A Maximus Formula SE, a Watercooling Kit and an Antec P182 Case ;D

Merry Christmas all

Nidge
25-12-2007, 08:56
Sorry to hear that Nidge! Hope 2008 will be a much happier year for you!:hugs:

It will be thanks for the thoughts. http://bestsmileys.com/comfort/4.gif

zing_deleted
25-12-2007, 09:03
I'm still waiting for Santa Zingle to bring me.

1 http://overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=HD-142-SE
2 http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-078-OK&groupid=701&catid=56&subcat=416

Sorry mate red dont suit me lol

cimt
25-12-2007, 09:04
I got an hangover
Deodrant
Showergel
Clothes
Laptop bag
Radio
Quilts
And money...

Damn I feel like I'm getting old.

zing_deleted
25-12-2007, 09:05
MEX-BT2500 blue tooth car radio mp3 cd player thingy, it's great, I don't need a blue tooth ear piece anymore :D
Keyring torch/attack alarm - my gf knows I love torches.
Making Money book.
New watch.

do not forget forgery is illegal lol :)

Russ
25-12-2007, 09:13
Phoenix Nights and Family Guy DVD boxsets, Billy Connolly DVD, smellies, Peter Kay's autobiography. As well as pets having the ability to buy us gifts, I'm amazed at my 4 year old having the wits about her to get me Russell Brand's book and DVD :D

Tech_Boy
25-12-2007, 09:36
I got a phone call at 8am to tell me that my Uncle had passed away:(

The Hitman
25-12-2007, 09:40

Gawd thats awfull. My condolances to you and your family :sorry:

Nidge
25-12-2007, 09:49

Sorry to here that mate, my condolences go out to you and you family.

bjorkiii
25-12-2007, 09:54
;) I got some lovely simpsons slippers deoderant various clothes tin of chocolates, lovely jubbly.

Tech_Boy
25-12-2007, 10:00
Thanks for the condolences guys.

Tinky
25-12-2007, 10:04

So sorry to hear that Tech_Boy, condolences to you and yours.

Russ
25-12-2007, 10:15

You couldn't have had that on a worse day, sorry to hear about that.

Xaccers
25-12-2007, 10:23
do not forget forgery is illegal lol :)

I'd only make unique new fake money ;)

Marge
25-12-2007, 10:31
Don't know yet as I've not opened them but already got the best pressie, being with him indoors :)

edit: got a new phone that i'd had my beady eye on but what a lovely surprise, perfume, clothes etc

thank you my lovely :kiss:

Tinky
25-12-2007, 10:40
Don't know yet as I've not opened them but already got the best pressie, being with him indoors :)

...and that pressie is priceless!

zc1
25-12-2007, 11:07
Hi,

Deodorant
Chocolates
Money which I got earn for a new PC

Stephen
25-12-2007, 11:10
i got money, torchwood series 1 dvdset, extras dvd, chocs, debenham vouchers, socks lol, scene it for the 360.

alferret
25-12-2007, 11:13
Shirt and trousers from missus & orange box.
Ferrero rocher from me mum
shirt n aftershave off me kids along with other various smellies :D

And the biggest laugh was a very small present from my kids. A leopard skin thong :D laughed, I was crying, thing is the other half hasnt noticed yet but its hanging on top of the tree and we are having her parents and others round for dinner. I wonder who'll notice :o::o::o::D

MadGamer
25-12-2007, 11:27
Ok where do i start: :D

FIFA 08 (Xbox 360)
R&B: The Collection 2007
Now 68
2008 Calender
Slippers
Dressing Gown
Socks
James Bond: Tomorrow Never Dies
James Bond: Die Another Day
The Simpson's Movie
Diabetic Selection
A Fleece
A Top
Gloves
Shower Gel + Antiperspirant
Deodorant + Body Spray

WHISTLED
25-12-2007, 12:01
Only get few things off mum and dad, have agreement with brothers, we are all on good money if we wanted anything we would have bought it for ourselves so I just buy for their kids.

24 bottles of wife beater - finished those days ago
2 jumpers, not tried thm on but suspect the wrong size
A car boot liner that pulls up into a bag (?!)
Shower gel and deodarant - I think its mandatory once you hit 21
Boxers and socks

Strange! My dog got me a box of chocolates too lol!

I didnt get anything off my dog but we had a nice long walk in the fog this morning, thats enough for me.

She however has a new collar
New bed for the lounge
A kong toy
A squeaky turkey leg
A teddy
New brush
A massive smoked bone
and she has a full christmas dinner coming later

TheBlueRaja
25-12-2007, 12:38
A Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii, didn't have a clue about it either.

Im now in hot pursuit of 10 Home runs in a row.

Pia
25-12-2007, 12:40
I got a black eye :shocked: :rofl: :rofl:

etccarmageddon
25-12-2007, 12:41
I got a phone call at 8am to tell me that my Uncle had passed away:(sorry to hear about your loss.

ikthius
25-12-2007, 13:28
Tech_boy, sorry to hear that..........

I got:
from parents:
Animal Watch
Celtic Top (thats it, we are going to lose all the time, I am a jinx with a tic top)
Money

From Brother, wife and Nephew:
Quality St
Mint source shave gel
Lime source Shower gel
Umbro T-Shirt
Money

From girlfriend:
Lindt Chocs
Toy Story 1&2 DVD
Jungle Book DVD
Rubiks Cube
Boss aftershave and deo set
Techifibre T-Shirt
a couple of small toy animals

From pal:
an indoor helicopter

so not a bad crimbo for me

ik

---------- Post added at 13:28 ---------- Previous post was at 13:27 ----------

you will be knackered later and sore tomorrow

dilli-theclaw
25-12-2007, 13:45
Loads of doctor who stuff. I now have even more tardis' and a talking dalek mug that I am going to terrify someone with tomorrow.

Got a judoon scanner Anne the masters laser screwdriver too.

Paul
25-12-2007, 14:01
The kids got a Wii and we've been playing on it most of the morning - I love the bowling on it. :D

ikthius
25-12-2007, 14:56
The kids got a Wii and we've been playing on it most of the morning - I love the bowling on it. :D

do not get the brunswick if you love the sports bowling, just stick to the sports bowling.

ik

Delta Whiskey
25-12-2007, 15:31
Loads of doctor who stuff. I now have even more tardis' and a talking dalek mug that I am going to terrify someone with tomorrow.

I know I'm sad to be wandering around the 'net today, but, Amazon have reduced the price of a lot of their Dr Who stuff, up to 70% in some cases. I've bought the Two Daleks battlepack for £13, down from £30. http://tinyurl.com/yox7tw

Apart from the usual socks etc, I received three bottles of Whiskey, now what does that say about me... <hic>

TraxData
25-12-2007, 17:15
£200 off parents because they kept asking me what i wanted and i just wouldnt answer, just doesnt feel like christmas to me, just a year that's gone too quick.

Blu-ray writer for pc + a few blu-ray titles

New addition to my gun collection.

Lots of lynx (people must be trying to tell me i smell :p:)
some "makaveli" branded clothing (jeans, few tops, shoes)

That's about it, christmas dont interest me these days, i guess im turning into a miserable old git :D

Russ
25-12-2007, 17:19
That's about it, christmas dont interest me these days, i guess im turning into a miserable old got :D

On the upside, your Officer Crabtree impression is coming along nicely :D

TraxData
25-12-2007, 17:21
On the upside, your Officer Crabtree impression is coming along nicely :D

I was going to say something rather mean, but in the christmas spirit i'll just be nice (as i always am ;)) and wish you a merry christmas instead:D

LemonyBrainAid
25-12-2007, 20:30

Impossible!

I got a black eye :shocked: :rofl: :rofl:

:rofl:Howzat?

hahah, Merry Christmas matey :)

I got:

Money from parents
Concert tickets from my sister
Choccies and sweets all round
Some shirts, t-shirts, etc
Lots of smellies... :erm::erm:
USB Humping dog... :D
Ripley's Believe it or not book
Guiness world records book
Chocolate deal or no deal..

loads to be honest, so thankful :)

:xmas: all ;)

Uncle Peter
25-12-2007, 20:45
A new camera kit bag, supposedly an award winning model... but only one of my lenses will fit in it, just about. Back to the shops tomorrow then!

Got loads of wine as well so that's all good :)

Maggy
25-12-2007, 21:37

:hugs:

Some homemade strongly perfumed lavender soap,some socks,the new Eagles Album,Opium Perfume and an art book.

homealone
25-12-2007, 21:55

Sympathies to you both...

I'm not going to pretend that we didn't have a lovely day, though - and 'we' is probably key, given the above?

One thing that was nice was my son, having recently won a few hundred quid on the Irish Lottery, spent just a bit extra on us, so Mrs Gaz got a nice white gold bracelet & I got the 5 disk Blade Runner collectors edition in a tin :cool:

Hugh
25-12-2007, 22:50
2.5 bottles single malt
2 boxes allsorts
box jelly babies
Shirt x 2
Economist 2008 yearbook
Skin-care stuff
3 bottles wine
Blade Runner Final Edition
Best of Housemartins/Beautiful South
Leather Gloves
Leather Wallet
Nigella Express
Bottle XO brandy
Simon Schama History of Britain 2 & 3
Calvin Klein Obsession
and best of all, a day with my family and friends.

handyman
25-12-2007, 23:03
Several nice items of clothing
Iphone (which I got on Nov 9th at 6.02pm)
Surprise usb turntable

I'll get the other half tomorrow when I get to see my kids as well as the family.

I think I've also had my share of xmas booze today :)

Help!!!
25-12-2007, 23:28
socks, pants, car broke down what a christmas!

---------- Post added at 23:28 ---------- Previous post was at 23:27 ----------

I think I've also had my share of xmas booze today :)

LOL I hear you on that getting half cut as we speak! :):):)

Graham M
25-12-2007, 23:29
£270, Children of Men DVD, random bits and pieces :)

TraxData
25-12-2007, 23:42
Just got another late present to add to the list.

My (now ex) girlfriend has decided in the space of 2 days she no longer wants anything to do with me.

Ok, its a bad present...

G UK
26-12-2007, 00:02
Bah Humbug,

I got several pieces of clothing, unfortunatly my parents seem to think I'm a teenager who enjoys wearing hoodies:erm:. Now to attempt to aquire the reciepts so I can exchange them for something a bit more practical:D.

zing_deleted
26-12-2007, 00:12
Sympathies to you both...

I'm not going to pretend that we didn't have a lovely day, though - and 'we' is probably key, given the above?

One thing that was nice was my son, having recently won a few hundred quid on the Irish Lottery, spent just a bit extra on us, so Mrs Gaz got a nice white gold bracelet & I got the 5 disk Blade Runner collectors edition in a tin :cool:

watch the workprint first then let me know if its worth getting lol :)

homealone
26-12-2007, 03:03
watch the workprint first then let me know if its worth getting lol :)

Will do - first impression of the 'final cut' compared to my old region1 'directors cut' is that the clean up & enhancement has made a big difference, I'll watch the workprint & let you know..

Mr_love_monkey
26-12-2007, 07:35
some amazon vouchers and the most recent series of 24.

SMHarman
26-12-2007, 16:42

edit: got a new phone that i'd had my beady eye on but what a lovely surprise, perfume, clothes etc

thank you my lovely :kiss:Unwrapping that present is always fun. :p:

---------- Post added at 11:42 ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 ----------

So me... Like others have said not much gift giving as we tend to buy what we want and travel is probably the most precious gift that we give during the year now me and my son are now 3500mi from the motherland. So I got gifts for my sisters children and likewise she did for my son.
I got Life on Mars S2. Yet to be watched, instead I got to watch Santa Clause 3, Polar Express, Mickeys one and twice upon a Christmas (very good I recommend if you have children under 8), Polar express, Mickeys Playhouse Christmas, did I mention Polar Express?
My son got me his school photo framed (from the ex)
My sister got me a picture of her two, (the windowledge of family pictures is coming along nicely).

I also spent Christmas Morning helping at my work doing 'Christmas Calls' where many many bus loads of pensioners come and visit and use our phone system to call anyone they want anywhere in the world while being given some drinks (non alchoholic), cookies, etc.. I think nearly a thousand of them came through the doors.

Tinky
26-12-2007, 17:35
I also spent Christmas Morning helping at my work doing 'Christmas Calls' where many many bus loads of pensioners come and visit and use our phone system to call anyone they want anywhere in the world while being given some drinks (non alchoholic), cookies, etc.. I think nearly a thousand of them came through the doors.

Job satisfaction huh SM? ;)

lostandconfused
26-12-2007, 17:38
i got a new car :D

r00t
26-12-2007, 17:45
2 days off work
A Great dinner and spent time with family and friends.
What more could you ask for :)

SMHarman
26-12-2007, 17:54
Job satisfaction huh SM? ;)Yes it was. Amazingly here in NY I was able to take public transport into the office and be there for 7.30 when this kicked off. Try doing that in London on Christmas day!
I had also been out for a few drinks on Christmas eve, the full cooked breakfast offered to us volunteers was well recieved.

Tinky
26-12-2007, 18:57
Yes it was. Amazingly here in NY I was able to take public transport into the office and be there for 7.30 when this kicked off. Try doing that in London on Christmas day!
I had also been out for a few drinks on Christmas eve, the full cooked breakfast offered to us volunteers was well recieved.

Good for you SM, and you deserved it and more, for helping to make it a happy Christmas for so many elderly people!:clap:

Stuart
26-12-2007, 21:59

Somehow, I can't imagine my work doing that.

Druchii
26-12-2007, 22:19
2days off work (Xmas day and Boxing day)
Book: 1001 funniest things ever said
Book: A Civil Case (This ones pretty damn good)
A pair of thick socks
Bottle of aftershave
Swimming Shorts (Apparently i'm off to Croatia this Summer, and i'm paying)

And 3days with my girlfriends family.

Christ :( Mum didn't contact me back at all, nor did my sister, or anyone. Except, my 2 Uncles, and even they were generic messages.
If i could drown myself in a pool of alcohol right now, i would. Unfortunately i'm broke and have work at 3am.

Knobbly
26-12-2007, 23:45
I got lots of stuff for our upcoming baby (due end of January), a bottle of poteen (which I think was a joke), a set of HID lights for my bike (been waiting months for them), a useless mp3 transmitter for the car, some new car mats and the usual cheap aftershave sets from the inlaws.

Nobody took the hint that the baby would like a 50 inch plasma TV for when it's born but I'm allowed to buy myself one next Christmas apparently.

joglynne
26-12-2007, 23:48
A few bottles of wine (which have all now been consumed during an impromptu party with the neighbours this afternoon https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2012/06/10.gif) and the usual perfume, book tokens and chocolates.

The most unexpected pressy though is the 250GB external HD which I have just found attached to my computer. I now know where my delightful son disappeared to when he went missing during the party. :D

etccarmageddon
26-12-2007, 23:58
girls aloud latest album, a jumper and sweet fa from my g/f.

brundles
27-12-2007, 00:24
Like several others here, socks were among the pressies - with phrases like Bladdered, Plastered and Hammered on them. The mother-in-law swears blind that she wasn't trying to tell me something with them though!

greencreeper
27-12-2007, 02:33
Prada EDT boxed set
CDs
Suduko book
Slippers - possibly made of goat. The label was in Austrian with a picture of two goats. Presumably one per slipper :erm:
Dressing gown - very fluffy. I look like Liberace
Assorted grooming products
Bottle opener
Two jumpers from my mate - he has good taste
Leather wallet
Cash
A piggin - http://www.xystos.co.uk/Piggin/productdetails.aspx?product=1386 :D
Belt hanger

I think that's it :scratch: Oh and I bought myself a chair.

Druchii
27-12-2007, 05:35
2days off work (Xmas day and Boxing day)
Book: 1001 funniest things ever said
Book: A Civil Case (This ones pretty damn good)
A pair of thick socks
Bottle of aftershave
Swimming Shorts (Apparently i'm off to Croatia this Summer, and i'm paying)

And 3days with my girlfriends family.

Christ :( Mum didn't contact me back at all, nor did my sister, or anyone. Except, my 2 Uncles, and even they were generic messages.
If i could drown myself in a pool of alcohol right now, i would. Unfortunately i'm broke and have work at 3am.
Ignore my grumpyness in that post, sure Christmas was different and odd this year, but i did spend it at least with my girlfriend (trust me, that's a gift in itself), and ate good food and drank good pop (No alcohol this xmas due to the gf) and had a good laugh at times.

Thanks Joglynne for the kind words :)

Orior
27-12-2007, 13:01
I already have everything, so she just got me an empty box to put it all in.