PDA

View Full Version : The X Factor Voting Problems

Arthurgray50@blu
18-12-2007, 18:53
I read in certain newspapers this morning that, at the weekend they had voting problem on the tv show The X Factor, and a certain company was mentioned, as in some areas, and this was the areas where voting problems were occuring, isn't this strange, as last year at the SAME time Liverpool had terrible problems with there service and it involved Liverpool group Eton Road, and in London we had a break in service for NINE HOURS, and we were given a free film, and then several months ago, we had a big football match in London, and we had no service for seven hours. It seems that when something is big, a certain company cannot cope with the pressure, then they should have a company come in and takeover.

Toto
18-12-2007, 18:58
So what are you actually saying?

Hugh
18-12-2007, 19:19
I think it means if an elephant comes into the room (when something is big, a certain company cannot cope with the pressure), some company whose name dare not be mentioned can't deal with the flow of urine from it.

I could be wrong, though.....

Toto
18-12-2007, 19:26
Oh, I see, so what he is implying is that Virgin Media are to blame for the X Factor phone vote engaged problem.

Good, glad that is cleared up.

cimt
18-12-2007, 19:27
Who would of actually wanted the Welsh one to win anyways? He thought his head was massive. The final was totally wrong anyway, all 3 of them should of been out before it.

Hom3r
18-12-2007, 19:29
Lets hope this makes then cancel this garbage, I saw a bit around my sisters, and how much more american can they make it.

MovedGoalPosts
18-12-2007, 20:09
Perhaps someone can explain to me why this is posted in the Virgin Media area :confused:

Help!!!
18-12-2007, 20:12
Perhaps someone can explain to me why this is posted in the Virgin Media area :confused:

Seems alot of people mistake this area for general talk, so post any crap here. Just my thoughts.

jellybaby
18-12-2007, 20:24
It appears it was only Virgin Media telephone lines which had a problem

WHISTLED
18-12-2007, 20:36
So if its saying its Virgin Medias fault whats thsi bit all about?

It seems that when something is big, a certain company cannot cope with the pressure, then they should have a company come in and takeover

Who are they supposed to bring in? To do what?

brundles
18-12-2007, 20:39
Linky (http://www.showbizspy.com/2007/12/17/media-watchdog-launches-investigation-into-x-factor-voting/)

Arthurgray50@blu
18-12-2007, 21:57
Just to advise, that lt was mentioned that it was on the VM network in the news and that if you read DS, VM are looking into the problem, that is why it was placed on the VM forum page, it has caused problems before, apparently the network could not handle the pressure, this is why it was placed on the VM Discussion only page, l trust this clarifies the discussion.:)

MovedGoalPosts
18-12-2007, 22:04
Ah, OK so it's perhaps a fixed phone line service issue, if indeed there is any issue :erm: Moved from VM General Discussion.

Hugh
18-12-2007, 22:34
Just to advise, that lt was mentioned that it was on the VM network in the news and that if you read DS, VM are looking into the problem, that is why it was placed on the VM forum page, it has caused problems before, apparently the network could not handle the pressure, this is why it was placed on the VM Discussion only page, l trust this clarifies the discussion.:)
Arthur, you have added 2 and 2, and got eleventyseven - the quotes actually said

a) "Some Virgin Media customers did experience problems getting through because of high call volumes"

b) "However, we do know that the large volume of calls meant that some viewers had to keep redialling in order to get through. This is not unusual, for any of the telephone networks, for this type of mass voting event".

I know you are not VM's biggest fan, but it may be worth waiting for the Ofcom investigation to report back, before pillorying anyone - pillory them with facts, not supposition.

Toto
18-12-2007, 22:38
Shame really that many didn't get through, and in my opinion, the bigger shame is that people actually wanted to get through ;)

I'll be back to post when Ofcom confirm it wasn't a VM fault. :)

PeteTheMusicGuy
19-12-2007, 11:33
They should do us all a favour and stop putting rubbish like this on TV :)