PDA

View Full Version : SIM Only Cable Offer Restrictions

latino
18-12-2007, 12:23
Have just taken out this deal which seems to be a good deal. However, I have found out by letter today that I cannot use the SIM while abroad unless I pay a deposit of £150. This restriction was never mentioned on the web site or when I took out the service over the phone. The fact that I am a long standing VM customer (with a solid payment record) has no influence. Has anyone else hit this problem or know how the restriction can be removed. thanks

lostandconfused
18-12-2007, 13:02
Have just taken out this deal which seems to be a good deal. However, I have found out by letter today that I cannot use the SIM while abroad unless I pay a deposit of £150. This restriction was never mentioned on the web site or when I took out the service over the phone. The fact that I am a long standing VM customer (with a solid payment record) has no influence. Has anyone else hit this problem or know how the restriction can be removed. thanks

its only for the first 3 months, after you have paid 3 bills, you dont have to pay the deposit.

logo
18-12-2007, 13:25
its only for the first 3 months, after you have paid 3 bills, you dont have to pay the deposit.

Spot on, exactly right.

latino
18-12-2007, 13:55
thanks for the replies. Spoke to manager at VM Mobile about the restriction, but he would not budge. I had hoped to use the phone in Spain next month but thats not an option now. Despite this restriction the deal is good value.