PDA

View Full Version : McClaren Should Resign or be sacked

Arthurgray50@blu
21-11-2007, 23:16
England were given given the golden carrot of entering the Euro Championship and needed just a draw, what happened, IDIOT McClaren drops Robbo and leaves James on the bench, and what happens puts in an UNTRIED keeper, and what happens, total disaster, McClaren should do the decent thing tomorrow morning, go to Soho Sq and resign, and let someone else take over, like Sam Allardyce, GO MCCLAREN NOW, and save the FA money, you don't deserve any compo.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:, we were a disgrace.

gazzae
21-11-2007, 23:18
and let someone else take over, like Sam Allardyce,.

What about that guy Sven at Man City

Lord Nikon
21-11-2007, 23:21
Shouldn't this be in sports?

Derek
21-11-2007, 23:24
Shouldn't this be in sports?

Yep.

Thread moved

Anyway, whats Berti Vogts up to these days...

Cerberus
21-11-2007, 23:24
Graham Taylor aka Turnip Head was a better manager. What has McClaren proved at club level? Absolutely nothing! He's an utter shambles. The players are as much to blame as well. Get him sacked or let him resign, but either way let's get a decent manager in. O'Neill, Allardyce, Mourinho or Mickey Mouse, any of these can do a better job than this fud!:mad:

yesman
21-11-2007, 23:26
Anyway, whats Berti Vogts up to these days...

Isn't he the man that laid the foundation for the recent Scottish resurgence in world football?

Derek
21-11-2007, 23:27
Isn't he the man that laid the foundation for the recent Scottish resurgence in world football?

By being so completely terrible the next manager had to start from scratch. Yep thats the one.

punky
21-11-2007, 23:30
So long as he goes, I don't care. He deserves it for bringing in a rookie keeper for such a vital game and the ridiculous formation debacles.

Bring in Jol.

TheDaddy
21-11-2007, 23:33
McClaren Should Resign or be sacked or shot at dawn preferably

Derek
21-11-2007, 23:36
To be fair to McClaren for a second. It's not like he just lost 8-0 to Andorra. He lost by one goal (and the keeper was shocking for the 1st) to the team that qualified top of the group.

Damien
21-11-2007, 23:41
England need to look deeper than the Manager. Everything single time we scapegoat a player or two and the Manager as the reason we lost but the only constant is the English team.

Not so long ago everyone was campaigning for the sacking of Sven, we go though so many managers. McClaren does deserve to go but the team need to be looked into and we need to give the next manager a chance. We should also stop thinking we're a team that deserves to win the World Cup or European Cup. We have far too much exception and any manager who takes the England job is a idiot with a death wish since the media will hound him the moment he loses one game.

Paul
21-11-2007, 23:41
To be fair to McClaren for a second. It's not like he just lost 8-0 to Andorra. He lost by one goal (and the keeper was shocking for the 1st) to the team that qualified top of the group.

He lost, that's all that matters - the number of goals is irrelevant.

Saaf_laandon_mo
22-11-2007, 00:00
England were the highest ranked team in that group. If they hadn't lost at home to Macedonia then today's loss would have been irrelevant. Thats where qualification was lost!

I wasn't expecting a win in Russia, and maybe only a point in Croatia, but as results stand, if England had beaten Macedoonia they'd be through.

Maclaren was given his last chance when Russia hit the post and Israel scored all in the last few minutes on Saturday. He should resign (I can see the gutless FA keeping him on) but he'd rather stay on and take the money. No one in the premiership will employ him in a hurry.

Sirius
22-11-2007, 00:00
McClaren Should Resign or be sacked or shot at dawn preferably

Sacked simple as that.

Saaf_laandon_mo
22-11-2007, 00:04
...We have far too much exception and any manager who takes the England job is a idiot with a death wish since the media will hound him the moment he loses one game.

I don't think anyone was expecting England to win Euro 2008, but qualification from that group should have been a certainty.

Stuart
22-11-2007, 00:09
When England were able to wake up (or at least they seemed asleep to me), it was, briefly, an interesting game.

But, I agree with all the above. England shouldn't have been in this position, and in a game that, because of the earlier losses, was so important, McClaren should not have experiemented with both a new goalie and different formation.

jonifen
22-11-2007, 01:20
I think he should definitely be sacked. No doubt about it.
Not once have I felt (from listening to his press conferences on TV/Radio or reading them in the newspaper) that he has the confidence in his ability to get anywhere with England.
I've never had confidence in him to be honest. He didn't do a lot with Middlesbrough, and England is worth a lot more... even if that means getting a foreign manager again.

It all falls at the feet of the FA though, they need to be encouraging clubs to bring good English youth through, yet they aren't so as a result we are relying on the same players each game... 100% fit or not.

Stig
22-11-2007, 01:28
I think the decent thing to do is resign.... He does not deserve the £££'s a sacking would bring...

nffc
22-11-2007, 07:49
He has been sacked...

BBKing
22-11-2007, 08:36
If they hadn't lost at home to Macedonia

They didn't, it was 0-0. Mind you, that was where the rot set in, really.

Croatia finished top mainly because Robinson let in a dodgy backpass and Carson let in a 35 yard shot any keeper above League Two would have got behind properly. They're a good team (and thoroughly deserved to win), but let's not get carried away. England were shockingly poor, it's not the first time, it's the manager in charge and he should go.

Angua
22-11-2007, 08:52
England need to look deeper than the Manager. Everything single time we scapegoat a player or two and the Manager as the reason we lost but the only constant is the English team.

Not so long ago everyone was campaigning for the sacking of Sven, we go though so many managers. McClaren does deserve to go but the team need to be looked into and we need to give the next manager a chance. We should also stop thinking we're a team that deserves to win the World Cup or European Cup. We have far too much exception and any manager who takes the England job is a idiot with a death wish since the media will hound him the moment he loses one game.

Agree. Also the manager, the media and the public need stop equating high fees with talent when all it really means is that they have a damn good agent who knows how to sell up sporadic genius and play down a high injury record.

Nugget
22-11-2007, 09:09
He has been sacked...

Dunno how, seeing as the FA Board wasn't meeting until 8:30...

yesman
22-11-2007, 09:20
Sky news are saying that McClaren has been sacked, but yet to be confirmed by the FA.

Delta Whiskey
22-11-2007, 09:20
What baffled me was the lack of interest shown by most of the England players, the difference between the two teams was marked. Even though they'd already qualified Croatia wanted it more than England.

It's a sad day when none of the home teams make it through.

Shadow Demon UK
22-11-2007, 09:21
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12016_2896125,00.html

Hom3r
22-11-2007, 10:05
Jose to be boss?

sherer
22-11-2007, 10:18
What baffled me was the lack of interest shown by most of the England players, the difference between the two teams was marked. Even though they'd already qualified Croatia wanted it more than England.

It's a sad day when none of the home teams make it through.

yes I was there wasting £40 on the match. It was like watching a pub team against a prem side. They really knew how to pass and find each other on the pitch. They didn't do aimless runs and very little long balls and played as a proper team. They used the ball well and deserved the win.

I also think their manager had a problem with his seat as he kept getting up and shouting alot. I only saw McLaren get out of his after the score was 2-2.

He should have resigned, even if we did win last night, as what I saw was just unacceptable.