PDA

View Full Version : Radio 5 Live's coverage of the Croatia match

TheBlueRaja
21-11-2007, 20:35
Despite it being music to my scottish ears, its interesting to note the 5 Live commentary of the England / Croatia match.

Talk about getting ripped into your team, you can really hear the frustration in their voices.

A disgrace if you ask me, turning on your team like that.

Mon the croat's!

Stuart
21-11-2007, 20:48
You might try putting it in the correct forum.

Moved to Sports.

c_r
21-11-2007, 21:06
Despite it being music to my scottish ears, its interesting to note the 5 Live commentary of the England / Croatia match.

Talk about getting ripped into your team, you can really hear the frustration in their voices.

Mon the croat's!

It's been an appalling performance so far though hasn't it? I haven't been listening to Radio 5's commentary, but however harsh they've been is surely justified? There's not much point in pretending your team isn't playing totally ineptly when they are.

TheBlueRaja
21-11-2007, 21:07
Im also suprised to see the Wembley pitch looking in such a bad state already.

Delta Whiskey
21-11-2007, 21:11
So who's the next England manager going to be?

Maggy
21-11-2007, 21:53
Who cares..they are a bunch of overpaid whining pansies...

Delta Whiskey
21-11-2007, 22:26

I can't disagree with that comment. The manager's on 5 Live now, says he won't resign... :confused:

homealone
21-11-2007, 22:28

they just haven't got the balance between being a sportsman & an advertising whoreding (sic) correct :erm:

bless them - Laurence Dallaglio got it right with the andrex comment on Top Gear ;)

BBKing
22-11-2007, 09:23

This would be Alan Green, of Northern Ireland, and Mark Lawrenson, who played for, er, the Republic of Ireland.

:D

Mind you, Greenie was right, as usual, and by far the best football commentator on radio. I had the radio on and the TV on mute, personally.

skyblueheroes
22-11-2007, 10:21
Why should R5 gloss over the shambles. The more people who stand up and say how it is the better.

kirk1690
22-11-2007, 12:08
we are all to blame on this island for the poor football we have to suffer , instead of patient slow skillful build up play fans urge players to GET IT UP THE PARK, a know iv shouted it myself whereas the rest of the world doesnt think like that so players in all home countries are bereft of skill and patience . Thats why foreigners call us the long ball country, their players are not frightened to dwell on the ball , whereas when a ball is passed to a british player you would think they had just been handed a piece of plutonium ! Attitudes have to change to the whole game in this country. UP THE SCOTS !:dunce:

Maggy
22-11-2007, 13:24
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/7107026.stm

Well this doesn't make me anymore sympathetic...very easy to say when what you really mean is that losing will impinge on your future earning capabilities from future sponsorship deals even though you already have enough money to last until your carefully chosen pension fund kicks in.

I think the disappointment of the ordinary punter is even more extreme and far more heart because the money they pay out to watch this crap is much more hard earned.:(

Uncle Peter
22-11-2007, 16:09
Who was Green's sidekick last night? please tell me it wasn't Graham Taylor or David Pleat. I foolishly elected to listen to Lawro's ramblings on the tv.

Shadow Demon UK
22-11-2007, 16:25
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/7107026.stm

Well this doesn't make me anymore sympathetic...very easy to say when what you really mean is that losing will impinge on your future earning capabilities from future sponsorship deals even though you already have enough money to last until your carefully chosen pension fund kicks in.

I think the disappointment of the ordinary punter is even more extreme and far more heart because the money they pay out to watch this crap is much more hard earned.:(

You stereotype footballers far too much.

TheDaddy
23-11-2007, 08:27
This would be Alan Green, of Northern Ireland, and Mark Lawrenson, who played for, er, the Republic of Ireland.

:D

Mind you, Greenie was right, as usual, and by far the best football commentator on radio. I had the radio on and the TV on mute, personally.

I can't stand 'Greenie' pompous, over opinionated, with his head stuffed far to far up his own ar$e for my liking, still each to their own