PDA

View Full Version : Barclays Bank Grrrrr

Nidge
20-11-2007, 15:32
Got my statement today and I noticed they have paid a standing order twice, once on the 1st of November and again on the 8th of November. I phoned up today to what I thought was my local branch to tell them of their mistake, of course they are not admitting to any of it saying the mandate says that it should be paid on the 8th, I took a photocopy of the madate before I handed it over last month, and it clearly stated on the top of the page that the first payment will start on the 1st of November then the 1st of every month there after, the guy on the phone was as much use as a chocolate fireguard he was telling me that the mandate said the 8th and not the 1st, I then said to him if it said the 8th why did you take a payment on the 1st of November then? He was stumped, he put me through to a supervisor and to his credit tried to get it sorted, he gave me a unique reference number and filed it as a complaint, he said you'll be hearing from us within 5 working days, hold on a minute when am I going to get my money back? He said when it's all sorted, "when it's all sorted" you have made a mistake and I want my money back today and not in 3 weeks time when all this might get sorted out. I got in touch with the company to who the money went to, they were great they told me to leave it with them and give them a ring back later on this afternoon, I've just come off the phone to them and they have said you have been refunded via BACS and the money will show up in your account in the morning, they told me to keep on at the bank to get some compensation.

Barclays truly are a crook of S**T.

southwell
20-11-2007, 15:36
They are terrible, i steer well clear of those numpties.

Paul K
20-11-2007, 15:54
Barclays Bank...... is also a rhyming slang which is very apt for this bunch of ..... bankers ;)

Nidge
20-11-2007, 15:56
Barclays Bank...... is also a rhyming slang which is very apt for this bunch of ..... bankers ;)

Your not far from the truth there Paul, they are truly at the bottom of the scale when it comes to customer service.

Druchii
20-11-2007, 15:59
Why do banks refuse to refund money THEY messed up?

Again with Barclays, my mother sent me £300 via international transfer, which never got here, why? Because Barclays, despite having all the correct details for the account, sent it elsewhere.
Now, they refuse to refund the money, which is greatly needed by me, until they can get it back from the git who they sent it too, and of course, they've withdrawn it, and cannot be contacted.
Looks like i'll be waiting a long time for my £300, with no compensation no doubt, and of course i'm now struggling as my first payday is on the 6th of next month.

Why, oh why, will they NOT give us our money back, when it is their mistake, and they've admitted that?

Banks...:afire:

gazzae
20-11-2007, 16:08
BACS transfers usually take a working day to process.
So if the transfer was done today it wouldn't appear in your account until Thursday.

Wicked_and_Crazy
20-11-2007, 18:08
This is why DD is better then Standing Orders. Its the responsibility of the Payee to request the money and not the bank (who has no interest in either of you) paying out

DocDutch
20-11-2007, 18:14
I've heard of many problems with barclays recently...okay my mrs works for a bank (not naming it) and her customers have had nightmares with barclays now for more then 4 months.

Wicked_and_Crazy
20-11-2007, 18:20
I've heard of many problems with barclays recently...okay my mrs works for a bank (not naming it) and her customers have had nightmares with barclays now for more then 4 months.

I stopped using them about 4 months ago due to the problems they were causing me. Was a hassle changing banks but never looked back since

tweetypie/8
20-11-2007, 19:27
Got my statement today and I noticed they have paid a standing order twice, once on the 1st of November and again on the 8th of November. I phoned up today to what I thought was my local branch to tell them of their mistake, of course they are not admitting to any of it saying the mandate says that it should be paid on the 8th, I took a photocopy of the madate before I handed it over last month, and it clearly stated on the top of the page that the first payment will start on the 1st of November then the 1st of every month there after, the guy on the phone was as much use as a chocolate fireguard he was telling me that the mandate said the 8th and not the 1st, I then said to him if it said the 8th why did you take a payment on the 1st of November then? He was stumped, he put me through to a supervisor and to his credit tried to get it sorted, he gave me a unique reference number and filed it as a complaint, he said you'll be hearing from us within 5 working days, hold on a minute when am I going to get my money back? He said when it's all sorted, "when it's all sorted" you have made a mistake and I want my money back today and not in 3 weeks time when all this might get sorted out. I got in touch with the company to who the money went to, they were great they told me to leave it with them and give them a ring back later on this afternoon, I've just come off the phone to them and they have said you have been refunded via BACS and the money will show up in your account in the morning, they told me to keep on at the bank to get some compensation.

Barclays truly are a crook of S**T.

dumped them a long time ago nidge and no regrets :D

AntiSilence
20-11-2007, 19:29
Why do banks refuse to refund money THEY messed up?

Yep, it's different if you owe them money. They take you to court.

skyblueheroes
20-11-2007, 22:30
Never had a problem with them.

Nidge
20-11-2007, 22:30
dumped them a long time ago nidge and no regrets :D

I'm thinking about doing the same mate, today has really P***ED me off, why didn't they pay me straight back there and then?

It stated clearly on the mandate that the 1st of every month is when the standing order will be paid. I'm not going to let this go I'm going for the full compensation then I'll dump the bankers for what they are.

Vlad_Dracul
21-11-2007, 21:59
Did you say barclays bank? one of those big old fusty high street banks that takes its customers for grnated and even makes bank charges? how quaint.

May i suggest you tootle over to the nationwide site and swap to their flexaccount?