PDA

View Full Version : Pulling my hair out!

BarrieJones
13-11-2007, 11:00
I have recently taken over and renamed a hair salon. The previous owner did not want the existing NTL number to be used. We applied for and were promised a new number to coincide with the opening of the salon but this was delayed for nearly two months. We couldn't advertise the new number as we didn't know it but still received calls on the previous number. Eventually the previous number was disconnected from service at the same time as we were given the new number. We have advertised the new number in the local papers etc this week but in the mean time we asked for a divert or a message to be provided on the old number. This would enable those clients or potential customers to be aware of the changes until the new number becomes widely known.
NTL have refused to cooperate saying the old number belongs to the previous owner even though it is out of service and not used.
Any suggestions please. The area is the Vale of Glamorgan in South Wales.

Taf
13-11-2007, 11:29
We were given a number by NTL previously used by a customer on the other side of Cardiff.

For 5 YEARS we have been getting calls for them about THEIR credit defaults, baliff visits, outstanding mobile phone bills... and of course the number is now tied to OUR address through (I believe) a BT database which still has the number tied to their name.

Many, many calls to get the database changed has ammounted to nothing, as they say that NTL/VM has not informed them of the change.

RS100
14-11-2007, 18:23
Why dont you get a BT line?

PS1
17-11-2007, 11:10
Why dont you get a BT line?

good answer:D

Lord Nikon
17-11-2007, 12:11
Or just ask for a new number? state you are getting nuisance calls.