PDA

View Full Version : DS Games ?

icestar2
11-11-2007, 23:58
I decided to treat myself to a DS lite as it was only £104 at gamestation with Dr Kawashima's Brain Training. It should arrived within the next couple days.

So any fellow DS owner's can you surgest any games worth getting ? I have not really looked into the games avalible yet. I was looking at Hotel Dusk Room 125. Any1 played it ? Any good ? I thought it sounded intresting.

Thanks for any replys in advance.

dilli-theclaw
12-11-2007, 09:25
What type of game do you like?

Anyway, I am currently playing Zelda, Lego Star Wars (Complete trilogy), Call of Duty 4, Elektroplankton, Mario Kart, New Super Mario World and Sonic Rush adventure....

Amongst others of course ;)

Uncle Peter
12-11-2007, 10:21
Animal Crossing Wild World, Mario Kart, Touch Golf, Worms Open Warfare2 is decent too.

My mate has got Hotel Dusk... I'll speak to him later and let you know what he thinks of it.

icestar2
12-11-2007, 16:42
Thanks for the surgestions. I like a wide range of games and am usually willing to give anything a go. My problem is it arrived today and its faulty. I have massive dead pixels on the screen and am not talking about the odd little pixel there is lines of 3 dead pixels and I thought it was ink on the screen at first but closer inspection revealed its dead pixels. Also brain training does not work correctly on the quick play level. It just shoes the colour and then does nothing. theres nothing to pick to carry on. I am not happy now and hope that gamestation's replacment department is upto scratch.

Gareth
12-11-2007, 16:48
For the colour game in Brain Training you need to shout the colour into the microphone to proceed to the next bit... are you doing that? My missus has trouble playing that one... not because she gets the colours wrong but cause it doesn't like her French accent :D However, RMA it because of the dead pixels... Nintendo are normally pretty good for this, if the retailer doesn't want to know.

---------- Post added at 16:48 ---------- Previous post was at 16:48 ----------

Forgot to say, as well as the ones mentioned above, the Phoenix Wright games are good :)

icestar2
12-11-2007, 17:58
For the colour game in Brain Training you need to shout the colour into the microphone to proceed to the next bit... are you doing that?

LOL I cant beleive I didnt get that. I had just went back to look at it and figured it out hehe. I Found it does not like my accent either because half the words wont work for me have to say it 4 - 5 times lol.

As for the pixels I was looking around and was told that if you rub your finger round the area for 5 mins it goes away - And yes it did I got rid of them. Am much happier now.

Thnx Gareth.

Halcyon
12-11-2007, 18:08
Mario Kart is fun !

Uncle Peter
12-11-2007, 18:31
My mate gives Hotel Dusk the thumbs up. If you like slow paced puzzle solving type games then you should enjoy it.

Gareth
12-11-2007, 23:33
Heh, glad it's fixed (both the game and the dead pixels) :)

Hotel Dusk is a good game, but it has a fair amount of reading involved.

Tetris DS and 42 All Time Classics are some other good games. They're not the sort that will have you playing them for hours at a time, but you'll play them very very regularly just for short amounts of time.

---------- Post added at 23:33 ---------- Previous post was at 23:09 ----------

I forgot to say that DS games are region free, so you can get some great deals by importing games from the US and Canada and they'll work with your UK DS.

However, if you trade games in, you may find that some high street stores won't accept non-PAL DS games.

JMcB
14-11-2007, 09:05
Worms 2 on DS best game ever