PDA

View Full Version : whats your favourite dinner ?

tweetypie/8
06-11-2007, 11:04
i love my grub :D i am not overweight but i do love my dinner i have 2 favourites [ 1 ] roast beef,spuds and cabbage [ 2 ] spuds ribs and cabbage i am drooling already :Yes: my missus is a great wee cook she has fed 16 of us and we are all hail and hearty god bless her,:luv:

bjorkiii
06-11-2007, 11:21
I prefer bellypork mash roasties cabbage carrots yorkshires and gravy i adore bellypork ;) this afternoon im doing similar but with bellypork slices.

LSainsbury
06-11-2007, 11:24
Fish and Chips or Spag Bol!

Pork tends to give me the s....ts, but strangely sausages are fine....work that one out!

tweetypie/8
06-11-2007, 11:33
Fish and Chips or Spag Bol!

Pork tends to give me the s....ts, but strangely sausages are fine....work that one out!

i think you need a mathamatician for that one sains ;)

JMcB
06-11-2007, 11:39
I like Anything i dont cook

Raistlin
06-11-2007, 12:18
Home-made Italian meatballs in a tomato and herb pasatta sauce, with spaghetti.

superbiatch
06-11-2007, 12:20
Mums Sunday Roast :D

Failing that anything italian ;)

southwell
06-11-2007, 12:58
Sunday roast, although i had a Monday roast yesterday :D....Of corse theres the chicken and stuffing sandwiches the next day! :D

peanut
06-11-2007, 13:01
A real good chinese and not the takeaway kind either.

Italian is good but not in this country.

At home has to be spag bol or a good chilli.

sssshhhh
06-11-2007, 13:08
Anything with a nice piece of tender welsh lamb. mmmmmmmmmmmm

Woolly One
06-11-2007, 13:46
Double egg, Ham & Chips (not Fries - Yuk!!!).:)

v0id
06-11-2007, 14:03
Sunday roast, although i had a Monday roast yesterday :D....Of corse theres the chicken and stuffing sandwiches the next day! :D

A Monday roast never quite tastes the same as a Sunday roast to me :/

AbyssUnderground
06-11-2007, 15:09
Mines McDonalds. Two large fries, a McChicken Sandwich, a Double Cheeseburger, McFlurry and a Banana Milkshake:D:D:D

Not really, has to be Lasagne with a splash of Tobasco sauce, and Garlic Bread on the side :D

Mr_love_monkey
06-11-2007, 15:15
My favourite : spam spam spam spam spam spam spam beaked beans spam spam spam and spam

Actually - it's sad, these days I don't enjoy dinner, it's more just its something that has to be done - rushing through one thing and on to the next

mrmistoffelees
06-11-2007, 15:18
I love my food which to anyone who has ever met me will testify due to my rotundness

particular faves are..

Steak Tartare mmmmmmmmm
Fillet steak (Must be blue, not in a Jim Davidson manner)
Fajitas
Wonton Soup
Dim Sum (Char Siu buns, Pork dumpings and prawn dumplings and most of the others)
Any seafood esp, Crab, Lobster, Langoustine, Oysters
Tabasco (The sauce not the soggy mexican city....)

Im sure there is more to add :D

MadGamer
06-11-2007, 15:28
Hmm, a nice steak and kidney pudding with mash potato :D . Or a nice home made Shepard's Pie. :D

superbiatch
06-11-2007, 15:48
My favourite : spam spam spam spam spam spam spam beaked beans spam spam spam and spam

Actually - it's sad, these days I don't enjoy dinner, it's more just its something that has to be done - rushing through one thing and on to the next

Do you like bacon grill?? I found a shop that sells it the other week and stocked up mmmmmm

zing_deleted
06-11-2007, 15:53
Roast chine rib of beef yorkshire puddings roast potatos roast parsnips cauli and broccili beef gravy and stuffing.

Second has to be christmas dinner ;) Roast turkey roast porkcrackling pigs in blankets roast spuds stuffing(various kinds) roast parsnips brussels cauli sweetcorn bread sauce and turkey gravy 7 weeks :D

homealone
06-11-2007, 16:08
wow, where to start

I have to say I agree about the roast dinner - forerib of beef on the bone, Mrs Gaz's perfect roast potatoes, yorkshire pudding, runner beans, purple sprouting broccoli & 'proper' gravy.

Pretty much any fish/seafood except whelks, with sea bass a particular favourite.

But I also like the simple things such as sausage & mash & peas, or fried egg, chips & baked beans.

CycoSymz
06-11-2007, 16:52
I love a nice hot Chicken Madras with Pilau rice, Keema naan and poppadoms.

The Hitman
06-11-2007, 16:58
I like 20-30oz steak new york cut. Beefeater chips made by a real beefeater from da farmer's prize spuds. Button mushrooms hand picked by da farmer. A nice whiskey sauce smothering me steak. Let's not forget some nice minted garden peas from da farmers private patch. A nice Drambue to go with the meal as well. :tu::drool::beer:

Tinky
06-11-2007, 18:23
All of the above, and all that follow! I am still on my diet, so all food at the moment is like a feast. I would like to add bubble and squeak and haggis and neeps, and roast potatoes, heaps of them mmm yummie!!! ;)

bjorkiii
06-11-2007, 18:23
Just had my bellypork dinner now were did i put my zantac ;) but it was enjoyable.

Halcyon
06-11-2007, 18:25
A lovely sunday roast with chicken or beef with yorkshire pudding, chestnuts, parsnips, etc, roast potatoes covered in gravy. Mmmmmm. :)

I also really like Lasagne with garlic bread, seafood pancakes with mushrooms, prawns, mussels, and other shellfish in a white sauce....lovely.

Another thing I love is turkey breasts in creamy cheese wrapped in Parma ham.

And on to dessert, a lovely chocolate fudge cake or chocolate brownies with a good red wine and fresh fruit salad.

Tinky
06-11-2007, 18:30
A lovely sunday roast with chicken or beef with yorkshire pudding, chestnuts, parsnips, etc, roast potatoes covered in gravy. Mmmmmm. :)

I also really like Lasagne with garlic bread, seafood pancakes with mushrooms, prawns, mussels, and other shellfish in a white sauce....lovely.

Another thing I love is turkey breasts in creamy cheese wrapped in Parma ham.

And on to dessert, a lovely chocolate fudge cake or chocolate brownies with a good red wine and fresh fruit salad.

That does it! I'm going to have to have a 'sin' now.:erm:

tweetypie/8
06-11-2007, 19:58
That does it! I'm going to have to have a 'sin' now.:erm:

i forgot to mention in my initial thread all that grub washed down with a pint of butter milk you cant whack it :D

Tezcatlipoca
06-11-2007, 20:05
Sausage & mash, especially cheesy or garlic mash with a bit of Lee & Perins. Plus Yorkshires.

:drool:

Take away...

Shakooti chicken, pilau rice, Bombay potatoes (should they be "Mumbai potatoes" now? ;)), garlic naan, & loads of papadums.

Pizza

piggy
06-11-2007, 20:24
sunday roast and all the trimmings or

pudding chips peas and gravy mmmmmmmmmm

Halcyon
06-11-2007, 20:40
Sunday roasts seem to be quite popular.

Just thought of a few more....

- Chocolate Bread and butter pudding.

As for something a little lighter, I always find grated carrott in a vinaigrette sauce makes a refreshing salad or why not try chopped pieces of roasted bacon with rocket salad, grapes, and goats cheese. Nice.

Back to main meal dishes, I quite like big mushorroms stuffed with minced lamb, covered with bacon and cheese and grilled with chopped mint.

Tezcatlipoca
06-11-2007, 20:50
Mmm, desserts.

Gotta finish your favourite dinner with your favourite dessert.

ASDA Extra Special New York Vanilla Cheesecake. Gorgeous :drool:

Or Ben & Jerry's Cookie Dough ice-cream (or "Half Baked"... a combination of cookie dough & chocolate fudge brownie).

Used to love having the "High & Mighty Ice-Cream Pie" at Chili's (although I've never been particularly impressed with the service). Crushed cookie base, topped with ice-cream, with sauce, & chunks of Dime bar. Awesome. Don't think they do it anymore though.

Other dinners -

Roast beef, roasties, yorkshires.

Steak & home-made chips.

A rare breakfast favourite...

Pancakes, with bacon & maple syrup :drool:

I'm really hungry now, & I've just eaten.

Hom3r
06-11-2007, 21:05
grated potato cheese cakes

cut streaky bacon into strips and fry when nearly cripsy remove from heat, add to frying pan grated potato until nearly cooked, add bacon to potato and cook, add grated cheese to top of mix, leave a few min for the cheese to melt, turn mix over and add more cheese to mix, when cooked on bottom turn over until cooked.

Serve in Garlic Pitta bread

:drool::drool:

Shaun
06-11-2007, 21:21
Pretty much any fish/seafood except whelks, with sea bass a particular favourite.

Mmmmmmm - Muscles in white wine and coconut milk. Must get back to Manchester soon for some more :D

papa smurf
06-11-2007, 21:35
lamb rogan josh.... sag bhagi.....bombay spuds..pilau rice...nan...popadoms ..[bombay duck but you cant get it anymore] pint ice cold lager..f1 on the telly

Graham M
06-11-2007, 21:43
Bombay potatoes (should they be "Mumbai potatoes" now? ;))

No... it should be Saag Aloo :p:

I agree particularly with yours, but I've never seen Shakooti chicken, I like a good Jalfrezi, Madras, or a Biryani for a rice dish

Tezcatlipoca
06-11-2007, 23:08
No... it should be Saag Aloo :p:

I can't stand spinach!

I agree particularly with yours, but I've never seen Shakooti chicken, I like a good Jalfrezi, Madras, or a Biryani for a rice dish

Shakooti's lovely :D

I like jalfrezi. Never tried Madras.

---------- Post added at 23:08 ---------- Previous post was at 23:07 ----------

grated potato cheese cakes

cut streaky bacon into strips and fry when nearly cripsy remove from heat, add to frying pan grated potato until nearly cooked, add bacon to potato and cook, add grated cheese to top of mix, leave a few min for the cheese to melt, turn mix over and add more cheese to mix, when cooked on bottom turn over until cooked.

Serve in Garlic Pitta bread

:drool::drool:

Mmmmm, may have to try that :D