PDA

View Full Version : What Installation?

Centurian
02-11-2007, 11:12
Long long long long miserable story short.

Our installation was on 12/10/2007.

Installer provided TV box (stopped working after 8 days. unable to talk to anyone in VM because they were busy, fix box myself)
Installer provided modem (didn't work at all)
Installer admitted ignorance of broadband (modem swapped 7 days after talking to Tech Support for 2 hours. VM man called without appointment)
Installer found problem with external cables to provide us with Virgin phone.
Installer buggered off.

Have spent past 16 days (before phone on old contract timed out) calling Customer Care on 0845045401111. providing account details and problem history, growing by the day to call centers in India, UK and wherever?. Have been lied to, let down, misinformed and ignored. When I asked young man in CC what to do about phone call expenses since nobody has bothered to connect us to VM, he advised me to dial 150 on my Virgin phone! apparently its a free service.

Phone went dead on 28/10/2007. Can only communicate now with slow working broadband. Contact 'The web team' to complain about all above. send them 10 emails, haven't heard from them for 48 hours.

Yesterday we received a letter from Sales Operation Support, asking us how much are we enjoying our fantastic new Virgin Media Services, (sic) which according to them is up and running. Then goes on to say that if we have any questions we should call 150 free from our Virgin Phone or call 0845045401111 from any other phone.

It is Friday 2nd November. 11.11am and 45 minutes short of the three weeks since our part-installation. Virgin Media have already banked our installation setup costs and are now requesting we sign the contract! YOU COULDN'T MAKE THIS UP.

sprattgraham
03-11-2007, 13:18
Contact Virgin Media on the number at the top of this page:

http://investors.virginmedia.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=135485&p=irol-contact (http://investors.virginmedia.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=135485&p=irol-contact)

Ask for complaints there get it sorted for you.

Centurian
08-11-2007, 12:40
What Installation (part 2)

It is nearly one month since my initial installation was botched and since I have phoned them at least 25 times and e-mailed them 13 times and sent the Managing Director a huge letter complaining about everything so far (with very little help or feedback provided and no reply from MD)

I talked to the investors group at Virgin Media, I gave them all the information I knew about my failed services installation and made intelligent suggestions on how not to install the phone system and a few notes on how to install it to great advantage.

Unfortunately communication seems to have evaporated once again when they sent an installer yesterday, Wednesday 7th who 'discovered' the same problem as the first one did a month ago, got advice from his base, had to borrow an extension lead from me to do some drilling, at which point it turned out he wasn't very practical at solving problems so I had to assist him to keep him going.

He installed the phone, which worked perfectly well but then I discovered the extensions were still dead. He said nobody had told him about that so he couldn't do it, although it was part of our original agreement.

When he left I complained to Customer Care about the new problem, they said they will send somebody along next Tuesday 13 Nov. to do the extensions.

At 8.00pm last night I received a phone call from my distraught next door neighbour where it became obvious that the installer had hijacked his phoneline and given it to me, phoning Customer Care again and by complaining bitterly to them they promised to send an installer along next Thursday 15th to do my phone again.

While writing this today on Thursday 8th November, I was interrupted by a call at the door from an unexpected Virgin Media engineer who said that he was sent because I had a problem with my phone, perhaps?

As it turns out, he seemed to be very helpful for a change, he had to re-install my neighbour's line which has cut me off again but he has organised new cabling and digging for next Tuesday 13th November, so let's see what transpires then?