PDA

View Full Version : Credit where its due

atommo
31-10-2007, 19:10
I know that NTL/Virgin get a fair bit of the brown stuff thrown at them and I aint writing this to say that they dont always deserve it. But, I'd just like to say that they aint all bad.

Ive been having what I would consider slow interweb access for the past few months but because I dont use the web that much, (only for browsing, email and a few vpn's for work), it didnt really bother me. Seemed to be extremely slow on Monday so I tried the old turn it all off and back on again trick.

Twas a bit of a surprise when the modem started to cycle through its LED's and losing synch after the power cycle, and knowing for an absolute fact it weren't my fault I contacted their help desk.

Got answered straight away, and after getting past the 'I'd better get this call refunded cos it aint my fault discussion' the lady did some tests and stated that the fault laid with my modem. She then arranged for an engineer to turn up today a.m.

Fair do's, at 9.30 am this morning the engineer turned up, swapped me modem and everythings been fine, (well, actually a lot better than what I have been used to recently), since.

Just thought I'd post this as to say that they aint all bad buggers at Virgin/NTL/whatever theyre calling themselves this month.

LooieENG
31-10-2007, 20:18
Did you get the modem for free? I think I could do with a new one :D