PDA

View Full Version : Moved property and took V+ boxes with us

Spunky
31-10-2007, 17:14
Hi all

Had 2 V+ boxes at our old place but moved this week.

Took these boxes with us which had a number of programmes i hadnt watched.

When they did the new install they replaced the boxes so wont see my programmes.

Is there any reason for this ad cant i get the old boxes connected.

Thanks

Spunky

Graham M
31-10-2007, 17:27
Did you ask the engineer at the time?

Spunky
01-11-2007, 10:08
I wasnt there. He said that the box i had was a telewest V+ box and that box would not get a connection as it would need to be a virgin media box. Seems weird as i had the V+ box installed after the change to virgin occured. Also can't understand why a box can't be reinitialised so that it can be re-used in anew property.

Just doesnt add up to me.

spiderplant
01-11-2007, 10:54
Sounds like you moved from one area of the network to another. He was correct that the boxes won't work in this situation.

Did the installer take the old boxes?

Spunky
01-11-2007, 11:02
Yeah he did...He has given the boxes to his supervisor who has put them aside. He said he would look into seeing if there is a work around...just a bitter pill to swallow...

Had a whole series of The Shield and films ....Gutted...

They need to make the relocation team aware that they need to tell customers that are moving that they will lose there recorded programmes and to watch them asap...

Also one of the V+ boxes is still not activating...had this on install at my previous property seems a problem when activating two V+ boxes at one address....

Also Telephone not working and broadband also has issues...took me 3 weeks last time to get everything working...getting v p*****d off....