View Full Version : PGuard Outage

smallethic
31-10-2007, 16:25
In the list of service problems the following appears:

Opened
Loss of PC Guard Services - Nationally
Broadband Internet
26/10/2007 11:44

Originally it said that this was expected to be fixed in 4hrs but this has mysteriously disappeared. My PCGuard suddenly told me last week that it couldn't get function Spyware to load and to reboot. When I did so I couldn't get PCGuard to load at all.

All efforts to download and install it again have also failed. Does anyone know what is going on?

Axegrinder
31-10-2007, 16:42
Personally i would ditch pcguard, and use AVG or avast!, as they are free, and use a hell of a lot less system resources, as ive always found pcguard to be abit bloated and not very effective, but its your choice.

dave6x
31-10-2007, 16:53
Personally i would ditch pcguard, and use AVG or avast!, as they are free, and use a hell of a lot less system resources, as ive always found pcguard to be abit bloated and not very effective, but its your choice.I'd have to agree, PCGuard is a serious resource hog!

I tried it when it was offered "free" but it slowed things down too much on all my PCs, but particularly on an elderly laptop that is short on RAM, so quickly returned to AVG, AdAware and SpyBot, at least I can control what they are doing!