PDA

View Full Version : John Arne Riise's Payslip Leaked on Internet

Gareth
31-10-2007, 13:37
source: http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/article.html?in_article_id=73705&in_page_id=43

Liverpool has launched an investigation into how a star player's payslip - showing a monthly salary of £139,634 - ended up on the internet.

The document shows Norwegian John Arne Riise's net pay, his home address, national insurance number and other personal details.

The payslip - an ordinary payslip that even has a column for student loan contributions - has appeared on a series of football fans' forums.

A Liverpool spokesman said today that an investigation has been launched to establish what happened.

He said: 'We are taking the matter extremely seriously and we are investigating.'

Riise, 27, is paid a basic salary of £120,000 and his April payslip reveals he was paid £4,000 in appearance bonuses and a £250 'points bonus'.

That's quite a lot of income tax contributions he's made. Not that I'd be complaining if it was my payslip.

Shadow Demon UK
31-10-2007, 13:55
I thought it was funny that he has to pay for match tickets.

Maggy
31-10-2007, 14:56
This story just depresses me...the man earns more in a month than I got paid for the last 5 years.:cry:

Uncle Peter
31-10-2007, 15:03

At least he can get match tickets!

Really though... first the champions league medal saga including the mobile phone footage shot in his Ferrari and now this. If it's come from someone he knows it makes you wonder who the guy knocks about with.

skyblueheroes
31-10-2007, 15:40
Got it via email yesterday. Didn't think it was real at first.

punky
31-10-2007, 15:42
Really though... first the champions league medal saga including the mobile phone footage shot in his Ferrari and now this. If it's come from someone he knows it makes you wonder who the guy knocks about with.

Eh What happened?

Shadow Demon UK
31-10-2007, 15:46
The picture that shows the address on the front of the payslip shows the blokes hand which is really dirty, looks like he's been going through his bins. In Liverpool going through someones bins, it's gotta be real.

Uncle Peter
31-10-2007, 16:28
Eh What happened?

Just after the CL victory in Istanbul a mobile phone video was knocking about of a passenger in Riises car wearing his champions league medal proclaiming "if you like it check out ebay cos that's where it's going". Soon after, a champions league medal appeared on ebay. Even though this appeared to be fabrication in the end it's not the sort of thing you want your mates to circulate around video sharing sites on the web!

DocDutch
31-10-2007, 16:35
just shocks me...the amount he had to pay in tax for a month is nearly 3x my year salary.

bob_a_builder
31-10-2007, 16:53
But lets not forget, kicking an inflated pigs bladder around a park is skilled work

And from this payslip, we can see its not only the bladder thats inflated

(I don't suppose they really actually use pigs bladders any more)

alferret
31-10-2007, 17:22
Pah!!! peanuts, you wanna see my wageslip :erm:

TheDaddy
31-10-2007, 17:46

They get complimentary tickets, he obviously just wanted some more

---------- Post added at 17:46 ---------- Previous post was at 17:45 ----------

But let's not forget, kicking an inflated pigs bladder around a park is skilled work

And from this payslip, we can see its not only the bladder thats inflated

(I don't suppose they really actually use pigs bladders any more)

He gets paid what the market thinks he is worth, lets not forget how much money he has helped bring in for his employers

Maggy
31-10-2007, 19:34
Well the more people are prepared to pay inflated prices to watch sports then the more such people will earn.

Pity no one feels the same about nurses and carers of the elderly...the pittance some of them get in comparison makes me wonder where our priorities lie sometimes.:(

One of my neighbours who works as a carer got her front teeth knocked out last week..by one of those she cares for so it's no cinch as a job.

TheDaddy
31-10-2007, 19:53
Well the more people are prepared to pay inflated prices to watch sports then the more such people will earn.

Pity no one feels the same about nurses and carers of the elderly...the pittance some of them get in comparison makes me wonder where our priorities lie sometimes.:(

What you think they all get paid what Rise earns? He is a top professional and one of the few who will make serious money from the game, do all those critical care nurses and BUPA nurses earn the same as those that made HITMANS (http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/20/33623260-just-been-threw-hell.html#post34425436) stay in hospital so painful? In my experience nursing isn't the vocation it used to be and a lot of them imo wouldn't earn the sort of cash they do now in another profession

Wicked_and_Crazy
31-10-2007, 19:59
Given the payslip is over a year old, looks like someone has been through his rubbish.

The Hitman
31-10-2007, 21:15
I wanna be The Tax Man:naughty:

DocDutch
31-10-2007, 21:18
I wanna be The Tax Man:naughty:

what you wanna be a money grabbing barsteward that nicks the money from the poor and leaves the rich to grow richer..

git !! :p:

dev
31-10-2007, 21:27
is that a monthly or weekly wage slip?

Shadow Demon UK
31-10-2007, 21:36
Monthly, no way is John Arne Riise on £120,000 a week.

dev
31-10-2007, 21:43
Monthly, no way is John Arne Riise on £120,000 a week.

i'd agree with that, but i'd put him on more than £30,000/week

either way, its a decent argument against the people saying footballers are paid too much. the tax paid by the premiership footballers must be quite a nice sum that we don't have to pay, benefit from and the footballers probably don't benefit from at all

Shadow Demon UK
31-10-2007, 21:52
i'd agree with that, but i'd put him on more than £30,000/week

either way, its a decent argument against the people saying footballers are paid too much. the tax paid by the premiership footballers must be quite a nice sum that we don't have to pay, benefit from and the footballers probably don't benefit from at all

I would say about 30k is about right, obviously that goes up with the bonuses he gets which a lot of people don't realise when they read how much football players get paid, a lot is performance related so they don't always get the amount the press say they signed for.

superbiatch
31-10-2007, 22:03
Given the payslip is over a year old, looks like someone has been through his rubbish.

Which means more than likely he's on more money now :shocked:

TheDaddy
31-10-2007, 22:44
Which means more than likely he's on more money now :shocked:

Not unless he has signed a new contract, probably be inflation based if at all

superbiatch
31-10-2007, 22:47
Not unless he has signed a new contract, probably be inflation based if at all

Thats what i meant :)

Its such an invasion of your privacy, nothing is safe anymore. Saying that tho, who throws out a wageslip?? I've got mine going back years :dozey:

TheDaddy
31-10-2007, 23:02
Thats what i meant :)

Sorry, must be tired, although it's worth remembering they got to a champions league final last year, doubt they'll do that this year so he'll almost certainly earn less ;)

Its such an invasion of your privacy, nothing is safe anymore. Saying that tho, who throws out a wageslip?? I've got mine going back years :dozey:

Really you think he'd have to give them to an accountant surely :shrug:

superbiatch
31-10-2007, 23:03
Sorry, must be tired, although it's worth remembering they got to a champions league final last year, doubt they'll do that this year so he'll almost certainly earn less ;)

GRRRRRR! :p:

danielf
31-10-2007, 23:06
Saying that tho, who throws out a wageslip?? I've got mine going back years :dozey:

I did that once. The payslip was a year old, and it got posted all over the internet. It even made the BBC pages :erm:

Seriously: you can get a paper shredder from the likes of B&Q for £10-15. In our house, anything destined for the rubbish that has name and address on it goes through it before it goes to the bin.

Uncle Peter
31-10-2007, 23:09
If he has an annual salary increment or loyalty bonus clause built into his contract you never know, he could be on a fair bit more. I can't believe anyone could be dense enough to bin their wage slip intact like that! besides, it looks in remarkably good nick. Bearing in mind where he lives (unless he's moved recently) it's probably not particularly easy to go rifling through bins without getting caught, unless you are actually a bin man.

homealone
31-10-2007, 23:31
This story just depresses me...the man earns more in a month than I got paid for the last 5 years.:cry:

He shouldn't be pilloried for his play of the system, imo, but the comparison speaks volumes for the 'respect' in which each profession is held, these days ;)

Maggy
31-10-2007, 23:52
He shouldn't be pilloried for his play of the system, imo, but the comparison speaks volumes for the 'respect' in which each profession is held, these days ;)

To be honest with you I had little respect for footballers before now.I've certainly got none now...

Shadow Demon UK
01-11-2007, 00:17
To be honest with you I had little respect for footballers before now.I've certainly got none now...

Because they earn a lot of money?

If you were in their position would you say "Oh no, i don't want that much, i'll just take half of that"?

I doubt it.

Maggy
01-11-2007, 12:57
Because they earn a lot of money?

If you were in their position would you say "Oh no, i don't want that much, i'll just take half of that"?

I doubt it.

Because no footballer will ever do anything that will change my life where as there are and have been other professionals who have done me and my family more good than watching anyone chase a ball across a stadium.

As for the money..well I get paid enough...and if I get more then it's because the government have allotted teachers more pay.However there are those who get less than I (not forgetting this chap gets more per month than I've earned in 5 years) who are just as professional and have far more impact.It's the huge difference in comparison than I'm astounded by.

Footballers as heroes?PURLEEEZE let's not go there..Role models for my children?Well perhaps some were in the past.These days I wouldn't want any child of mine to take any professional footballer for a role model.Petulant,drunken,rowdy and sometimes criminal are not qualities I want younger generations to learn.Dedicated maybe but so are many police,soldiers,sailors,coastguard,paramedics and NSPCC workers to mention just a few who deserve paying better for their dedication.

And remember football fans have been asked to pay more and more for the opportunity to watch these footballers.If they weren't paid these wages your chance to watch the sport would be cheaper.Possibly the high wage earners at the top may encourage a trickle down effect to the players at the bottom of the leagues but I'd be dubious as to how big a trickle it has turned out to be.

Shadow Demon UK
01-11-2007, 13:24
I think your stereotyping footballers far too much. Nearly all footballers who earn the top money do huge amounts of charity work, whether it be donating money or putting their name to charaties to raise awareness.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml?xml=/sport/2007/06/09/sfneng09.xml

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/s/1021865_charity_ball_for_united

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/merseyside/7024589.stm

These are just examples of what football players do, not bad role models in my eyes.

As for the fans paying for their wages, yes ticket prices have gone up but stadium facilities are getting much better at the same time. A lot of the money for wages comes from t.v money. I think the wages the top players get is right because of the money they bring to the club through people wanting to watch them play, whereas lower league players aren't constantly in the public eye and don't generate enough money for the club to earn higher wages. You would expect the better workers in any profession to earn more than those not as good.

Maggy
01-11-2007, 13:43
I agree not all footballers are necessarily poorly behaved.However the ones who seem to get the big bucks do seem on the whole to be going down that route these days..Also every industry earning big bucks goes down the charity route.Look at the music and fashion industry as an examples..but there are still music stars and fashion icons I would hate my children to emulate.

I'm reminded of the parable of the widow's mite...The Pharasee makes a great show of giving to charity so everyone can see how generous he is while the widow waits for him to finish and leave.Then she goes very quietly unnoticed by anyone and puts all she can manage to give as charity..the smallest value coin of a mite.

I'm sure a lot of footballers and other sportsmen are very quiet about their charity donations.Good for them but at the end of the day they are very privileged to have the choice of being as generous with such huge earnings.I'm sure though that there are many without such resources who are just as generous proportionally.

Saaf_laandon_mo
01-11-2007, 14:01
Personally, I think Gerrad's hospital dash was more to PR then anything else. Yes a lot of players contribute a huge amount to charity, but if we do look at it in proportion to their income its not really that much.

Does anyone know more of what happened to the Footballers Donating A days wages to Nurses campaign that took part a while back. The last I heard, a lot of footballers had still not paid on their pledges.

Shadow Demon UK
01-11-2007, 14:07
Personally, I think Gerrad's hospital dash was more to PR then anything else. Yes a lot of players contribute a huge amount to charity, but if we do look at it in proportion to their income its not really that much.

Does anyone know more of what happened to the Footballers Donating A days wages to Nurses campaign that took part a while back. The last I heard, a lot of footballers had still not paid on their pledges.

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,2188771,00.html

superbiatch
01-11-2007, 14:13

I have to disagree. The guy was distraught when he hit the kid, i know how that feels and i'm sure his hospital dash was to ease his own conscience. It sounds awful but even if it isn't your fault, you always feel to blame.

Saaf_laandon_mo
01-11-2007, 16:43
http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,2188771,00.html

I thought they only named & shamed the players who had pledged money and not donated.

Tricky
01-11-2007, 23:22
Bit of a worry that his address, payslip including NI number is on the net. Damn sure I wouldn't want my data like that on the web. Identify Theft!

Maggy
01-11-2007, 23:35
Bit of a worry that his address, payslip including NI number is on the net. Damn sure I wouldn't want my data like that on the web. Identify Theft!

I'm wondering who does his paperwork...after all I keep mine for a while before shredding them...and if I didn't shred them I'd certainly rip them up.:erm: