PDA

View Full Version : Upload problem

Lord Vetinari
30-10-2007, 20:47
Hi I have just a 1gb connection via a pace STB. One problem we get every now and then is the internet connection just stopping when I try to upload photos to my online gallery. Uploads are not big (normally less than 1mb). This is cured by resetting the STB. Any suggestions or is it engineer time ?

brian V.

ECW_Original
31-10-2007, 06:48
Hi I have just a 1gb connection via a pace STB. One problem we get every now and then is the internet connection just stopping when I try to upload photos to my online gallery. Uploads are not big (normally less than 1mb). This is cured by resetting the STB. Any suggestions or is it engineer time ?

brian V.

Now I know u mean u got a 1Mb connection!!
Set Top Boxes can got at a maximum of 4Mb/s!

EDIT: just looked again, and now there is no such thing as 1Mb broadband, that got upgraded to 2Mb ages ago!

Druchii
31-10-2007, 07:41
Engineer time, as 1Mb connections should not exist any more, as it was upgraded to 2mb ages ago. You should have a broadband modem installed.

piggy
31-10-2007, 07:56
Engineer time, as 1Mb connections should not exist any more, as it was upgraded to 2mb ages ago. You should have a broadband modem installed.

1mb on a stb conx still exsist, lots and lots they do in the northwest anyway, i do agree that sacm is the way to go

Druchii
31-10-2007, 08:31
They should have been upgraded to 2Mb ages ago though...

Lord Vetinari
31-10-2007, 20:47
Thanks for the comments - should be getting a 2mb system on a separate modem fitted on Monday. They did say they would try to set the STB to 2mb but I explained it was having problems at 1mb. Nice that they leave you on the old speed when you can have double the speed for the same price.

Brian V.