PDA

View Full Version : Failed upgrade

reflex001
29-10-2007, 23:44
I ran virgin to upgrade form 2mb to 4mb almost a week ago now, and I've rang them every day since and have been told it's 'pending' and just to wait a few more hours. Has anyone else had this experience? I posted in the newsgroups and someone there sent an email to a colleague Sunday (which they would have got today) but I still haven't heard anything.

What gives? What are my options? It seems like the only onle left is to just tell them I want to go back down to 2mb because it seems like no-one can solve the problem, or I can't reach the people who can. Do I need an engineer? A new modem?

On the modem page it says this:

Software Upgrade File Name : ntlhm120_ntl0001.cpr
Software Upgrade AdminStatus : upgradeFromMgt
Software Upgrade OperStatus : inProgress

Someone please help... cheers

---------- Post added at 23:44 ---------- Previous post was at 23:38 ----------

Now it says this:

Software Upgrade File Name : ntlhm120_ntl0001.cpr
Software Upgrade AdminStatus : ignoreProvisioningUpgrade
Software Upgrade OperStatus : completeFromMgt

what?
30-10-2007, 01:27
you dont need a new modem. all modems are capable of 4mb speeds.

u rebooted the modem since the upgrade? (wont work til this has been done)
if u have and its not worked id b guessin theres a fault with one of their systems thats causing the issue and ud just need to bare with it.

(make sure you dont get charged for the new speeds til you're gettin them)

TekFella
30-10-2007, 03:33
also ask them to send a "hit" down the line, this will sync your modem with the network and ur account.

reflex001
30-10-2007, 09:00
Yea I've rebooted the modem a few times and the tech tried sending a hit down the line but nothign happened. When I phoned last they said give it until wednesday so I guess I'll try ringing them again then.