PDA

View Full Version : Brand new? you have to be kidding.

Paul K
29-10-2007, 14:06
Well, after 2 weeks of delays my order for a silver Ipod Nano finally arrived this weekend so I dutifully trudged down to the Post Office sorting center in our village to collect it. Once I got home I wished I hadn't bothered, I've attached a couple of pics showing some of the "issues" with it but to sum it up:

The Ipod display box has been opened and re-sealed with 1 inch wide clear selotape.
The Ipod has no protective plastic on it to stop it getting scratched in transit.
The Ipod screen has marks and a fingerprint on it.
The paperwork in the box no longer has the plastic sleeve around it to keep it tidy.
The data-cable no long has the plastic protection caps on the ends and are being held together with black plastic food bag ties.

To say I am annoyed with this would be an understatement, I'm currently waiting on the supplier to contact me about it but they state that it can take up to 48 hours to get a response.
Not impressed but I shall wait and see what they say as I don't want to name and shame them if this is simply a case of someone in their warehouse looking for a 5 finger discount and then someone making the mistake of putting everything back in the packaging and sending it out to a customer.

Stephen
29-10-2007, 14:19
Where did you order from? thats the older model isn't it?

Paul K
29-10-2007, 14:24
Read my post, I'm not naming and shaming till I see how they respond ;)
It's the older model as that's the one I wanted ;) I could go and get the new Nano but I don't really like it to be honest.

Paul K
29-10-2007, 18:00
Oh well, sent an email in to the comanys' complaint address (who have been dealing with the order to date as it wasn't delivered for 3 weeks even though it was supposed to have shipped the day after being ordered) and even though I have sent the photos to them to view I have yet to have a reply. Looks like I will be chasing them up tomorrow as I am giving them a deadline to meet before I take this shambolic order up with GoogleCheckouts for them to arbitrate.

Graham M
29-10-2007, 18:18
hmmm eBuyer?

Paul K
29-10-2007, 18:22
Nope lol not had any problems with them on any orders I have placed through their site. I'll tell you the site as and when they have gotten around to answering my email. If they haven't replied by this time tomorrow you will all find out who it is.

papa smurf
29-10-2007, 22:00
another online bargain

Nidge
30-10-2007, 05:11
Well, after 2 weeks of delays my order for a silver Ipod Nano finally arrived this weekend so I dutifully trudged down to the Post Office sorting center in our village to collect it. Once I got home I wished I hadn't bothered, I've attached a couple of pics showing some of the "issues" with it but to sum it up:

The Ipod display box has been opened and re-sealed with 1 inch wide clear selotape.
The Ipod has no protective plastic on it to stop it getting scratched in transit.
The Ipod screen has marks and a fingerprint on it.
The paperwork in the box no longer has the plastic sleeve around it to keep it tidy.
The data-cable no long has the plastic protection caps on the ends and are being held together with black plastic food bag ties.

To say I am annoyed with this would be an understatement, I'm currently waiting on the supplier to contact me about it but they state that it can take up to 48 hours to get a response.
Not impressed but I shall wait and see what they say as I don't want to name and shame them if this is simply a case of someone in their warehouse looking for a 5 finger discount and then someone making the mistake of putting everything back in the packaging and sending it out to a customer.

Give em hell Paul that is shambolic trading at it's best, keep us informed of the outcome and name and shame the company involved if they don't reply to your emails.

Paul K
30-10-2007, 07:18
another online bargain

Hardly a bargain, since the new generation of Ipod has been lauched the demand for the "classic" version of the nano has outstripped demand. Currently there is very little difference in price between the 2 units so it was a hardly a bargain, especially since I can go to Lakeside, walk into the Apple store and buy a new generation Ipod for near enough the same money.

Paul K
31-10-2007, 12:10
Finally got a reply from them today after mentioning trading standards in an email. What they are trying to suggest now is that they take all Ipods out of the case for testing (load of rubbish as the one we ordered 2 weeks prior to this one arrived with all seals intact) and that the unit is "brand new" and I should "Plug it in and you will see it is 100%". Now I have replied back pointing out that even if they had removed the unit for testing there was no reason for the sleeve to be missing from the instructions, the cap to be missing from one end of the datacable and the cable clip/ end cover to be missing from the other end of it.
I've told him it's an RMA for replacement or refund and if they refuse I'll be opening a dispute with Google Checkouts, I haven't mentioned that I have already emailed trading standards in the town the company is based in ;)

lostandconfused
31-10-2007, 12:22
The marks on the screen are they scratches or just marks that could be removed with a bit of cleaning?

The reason i ask is that the other things that you have said that are wrong do suggest that the unit could have been sold before, but things like a plastic sleeve for the paper work missing arn't really big problems IMO.

I would be annoyed and would probably not use that service again, but if the prduct works, and the only thing missing is packaging i couldnt be bothered to kick up a fuss.

zing_deleted
31-10-2007, 12:30
If the product has been used then its second hand and not worth full market value and at the very least should be sold as such

Paul K
31-10-2007, 12:32
It was purchased as a christmas gift so the lack of correct packaging is a bit of an issue and since I refuse to plug it in to my PC we do not know what has happened to it in the past.

crazybones
31-10-2007, 13:21
Paul,

As I understand it, your entitled to a refund under the Distance Selling Regulations:

http://www.dti.gov.uk/consumers/fact-sheets/page38102.html

Just inform the retailer that you are returning it under your rights in DSR - you've got 7 days from delivery.