PDA

View Full Version : Strange sight while fishing!!

monkey2468
28-10-2007, 23:43
Today, I went fishing with my dad at Scaling Dam (N. Yorks), and while sat watching my line, watched a rabbit commit suicide!!:shocked:

Seriously, we watched a rabbit dart out of its warren, straight into the reservoir, tried to swim for about 30 seconds, then drowned, and slowly floated ashore!!!
I think it may have had mixi as when I fished it out, its eyes were swollen and crusty.

Is this normal, did I imagine it..........
Over to Dr. Love Monkey for psychological analysis.

edit:hic!

(apparently they do this often in the small cove we were in, and we also saw a stote on the embankment?! are rabbits this scared of them!!?)

nopcode
28-10-2007, 23:49
Most likely mixy sadly enough, I read its on the increase again.

P.S the fishing was that good you had time to watch a rabbit drown itself? Nice :)

monkey2468
28-10-2007, 23:53
Most likely mixy sadly enough, I read its on the increase again.

P.S the fishing was that good you had time to watch a rabbit drown itself? Nice :)
My fish were greedy, STOLE my bate minus hook then got STUCK on my dads hook.

Mixi, thinking about it, I live near some woods, and a few weeks ago, by dads rescued Grey hound caught a rabbit, didn't think anything of it until the next day saw a Labrador with one in its mouth. Spoke to a local person?! and they said all the rabbits locally are diseased, which is why dogs are catching them left right and centre. Saw a bit bull cross?! 2 days ago carrying a rabbit (minus head) round the village.
Mixi must have come back big time in the northeast.

nopcode
29-10-2007, 00:27
My fish were greedy, STOLE my bate minus hook then got STUCK on my dads hook.

Isnt that always the way :rolleyes:

You should be happy the local stray pitbull has all these suicidal rabbits to focus on, saves them eating the cat, or the postmans leg.

monkey2468
29-10-2007, 00:49
Isnt that always the way :rolleyes:

You should be happy the local stray pitbull has all these suicidal rabbits to focus on, saves them eating the cat, or the postmans leg.

...postwoman. :naughty:

nopcode
29-10-2007, 01:01
Got any pics :)

greencreeper
29-10-2007, 01:36
Yeah - mixy :( Once saw a rabbit run between the legs of our Scamp (lurcher) - he was too shocked to do anything :D Sort of spun round with a, "Was that a rabbit or did I imagine it" look. Talk about suicidal bunny. I think our Rak was there too, if memory serves (Staffy cross). When he caught anything, you'd be lucky to be left with the back legs by the time you got there :rofl: Ah - happy times.

monkey2468
29-10-2007, 02:02
HA ha, indeed, as sick as I didn't think I was ? I took a pic of the rabbit after I fished it out. (and borrow)
I think I may need permission to post it on a family forum though...;)

---------- Post added at 02:02 ---------- Previous post was at 02:00 ----------

ohh, you mean the postwoman? :D (thats a whole different website!)
Again family forum!

Roy MM
29-10-2007, 02:31
Have you reported this to the local Enviromental health? not a disease that should be taken lightly, it wipped out millions of Rabbits years ago, sadly they've not been on the menu for years since ;)

Nidge
29-10-2007, 05:31
Today, I went fishing with my dad at Scaling Dam (N. Yorks), and while sat watching my line, watched a rabbit commit suicide!!:shocked:

Seriously, we watched a rabbit dart out of its warren, straight into the reservoir, tried to swim for about 30 seconds, then drowned, and slowly floated ashore!!!
I think it may have had mixi as when I fished it out, its eyes were swollen and crusty.

Is this normal, did I imagine it..........
Over to Dr. Love Monkey for psychological analysis.

edit:hic!

(apparently they do this often in the small cove we were in, and we also saw a stote on the embankment?! are rabbits this scared of them!!?)

It's funny you should mention mixy because we've got wild rabbits in our yard at work and just lately we've noticed that some of them have swollen and buldging eyes.