PDA

View Full Version : Preston servers slow

Berealwith
28-10-2007, 15:47
Well here we go again today slow, just finished chatting to them, i have a slow connection and they have advised me that thier engineers will ring me back in a few days. I pointed out that i should have called on the 25th and never got one. He said it has been logged and they will call you, wait another 2 days and ring back if i havent recieved a call. this has been going on for months. What the hell is going on...........i am now going out down the street knocking on doors asking neigbours who they are with and what kind of speed they are getting..as VM don't give you an answer, just ring tech help.
One pssied off customer..if anyone in the preston area has the same kind of problems i would like to know

lsproc
28-10-2007, 16:43
What is your upstream signal level?

(Apparently having a high signal level causes slow speeds and possibility disconnections).

Berealwith
28-10-2007, 18:17
Update on the walk down the street........so far i have talked to three VM all on 2mb and are all having problems with web pages taking longer than usual to open and have been expirencing slow speed through the day but not in the early hours. the people on adsl (talk talk, bt broadband, tiscali, and one on orange) have had no problems with thier surfing, i might add none of them are high speed connections. This prompted me to ring VM back, i was told that theres is problems on your exchange and we cannot tell you what there is but the engineers are working on this and we can assure you i will be resovled in the near future.. i asked if you could refund this call, i was told no as you reported this on wendesday, and this is not a new problem. I then asked if i dont ring you how will i find out if the problem has been made right. I then asked if they could ring me when they have done thier stuff and made my connection right, i was told we cannot be sure we might ring we dont know.........What the hell does this mean i have to keep calling on the 25p per minute line to find out if you have fixed the problem....This is wrong, he then said we will try to call you........Is this the right way to treat customers, he said ring CR in a few days.....i then rang off ..........and i still dont know how long this problem will take to fix.......i have now finally made my mind up, VM has 1 week and if this problem is not fixed i am giving them 30 days and i am off

lsproc
28-10-2007, 18:23
Wow, how harsh!

If you go to http://status-cable.virginmedia.com/vmstatus/summary.do you will be able to see if the issue is on there or if its being updated. It doesnt appear to be on there at the moment, but I suspect it will be soon.

An issue like this should be resolved by a week, but if not and you want to leave, go ahead.

Berealwith
28-10-2007, 18:33
I did ask why it was not reported on live status page (i am not rushing into leaving, believe me i have been through the mill a number of times) i check all the checks you need to before i ring VM, blueyonder games downloads, ping checks, config checks, different pc different O/S you name it i do it. i even have a contract the lowest i have ever seen on here with all my moaning to CR.
The answer i got to why it was not on live status was it needs more people to report a problem before we post it up on there, i know its not on he said but i can confirm you we do know you have a problem and our engineers are working to fix it.........so thats where i am up to

lsproc
28-10-2007, 18:41
Right, just hope for the best then :)

Hope it gets fixed for you :)

Berealwith
29-10-2007, 19:48
update done the tests this mornning 6 am 19mb down 732kbs up fine and dandy came home tonight 2mb down 712kbs up now at 7:00 pm 1/2 a meg and 703 up........carp and more carp........ just getting a pint and ready to ring AGAIN gimme 5 mins ......... update soon

---------- Post added at 19:48 ---------- Previous post was at 19:08 ----------

ok update on my preston server.........slow down........20 mins on phone talked to the evening staff. Which have not got much info on the screens, but have the log of my call last week to the CR rep who didnt call me back, he has now been emailed to call me as he might have more access to the info about my log and how the tech guys are doing with my and now it is more i have walked down the street problems. He said he could'nt tell me is the problem has been sortted as he had no access the those screens. I told him we are now on the last week for me on this, again he said i am sorry for the problems you are having, could i help you with anything else. You've got to give these people medals for the stuff they say. So i still have no idea what the problem is they are working and when it will be made right...........Now 3 days to go and if they dont fix it i'm off

Berealwith
31-10-2007, 19:23
OK its been a couple of days and last night was better, and tonight so far great like it used to be..........Very good speed .........I have not had my return phone call.......Now my question is should i ring or not ????? or watch for a few more days then ring them

Berealwith
03-11-2007, 02:50
Nope its gone crap

Sat, 3 Nov 2007 02:39:45 UTC

Test 1: 1024K took 16259 ms = 63 KB/sec, approx 519 Kbps, 0.51 Mbps
Test 2: 1024K took 18317 ms = 55.9 KB/sec, approx 461 Kbps, 0.45 Mbps
Test 3: 1024K took 16056 ms = 63.8 KB/sec, approx 526 Kbps, 0.51 Mbps
Test 4: 2048K took 28238 ms = 72.5 KB/sec, approx 597 Kbps, 0.58 Mbps

Overall Average Speed = approx 526 Kbps, 0.51 Mbps

To repeat this test from the source server click here.

I am getting ill...............All i want to do is get the crysis demo........
Can someone who is in the Know tell me what is happening to Prestons
ubr05-pr.blueyonder.co.uk Pleeezzzzz

Berealwith
03-11-2007, 13:02
just going to ring Tech

still bad

Sat, 3 Nov 2007 12:10:07 UTC

Test 1: 1024K took 11667 ms = 87.8 KB/sec, approx 723 Kbps, 0.71 Mbps
Test 2: 1024K took 12073 ms = 84.8 KB/sec, approx 699 Kbps, 0.68 Mbps
Test 3: 1024K took 27012 ms = 37.9 KB/sec, approx 312 Kbps, 0.3 Mbps
Test 4: 2048K took 21099 ms = 97.1 KB/sec, approx 800 Kbps, 0.78 Mbps

Overall Average Speed = approx 634 Kbps, 0.62 Mbps

To repeat this test from the source server click here.

---------- Post added at 13:02 ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 ----------

Ok update on tech phone call. Yep its not my end there is a problem with thier end. The tech guys said he cannot tell me what it is but they are still working on it. How long does this take it's been over a week now...And its still not on the status page.

I will keep it updated as and when i get info.........Is anyone else having problems in the preston area ?

Lynchy
03-11-2007, 19:58
all fine in blackpool...not sure if it runs from the same place

TimIgoe
04-11-2007, 17:01
All ok here, Kirkam (under Preston's setup)

getting 15-19Mbps at the moment - happy with that. certainly beats teh 'up to 8Mb' I was on before over BT's hardware

Berealwith
10-11-2007, 12:07
Ok update........and the hell am i still using VM ?????? This bloody company has ruined what was an excellent ISP, ok from what i was told today the Preston cable.ubr05.pres is still not fixed.........SO STILL SLOW SPEEDS, this is now over 3 weeks. From my talk to the Tech guy there has not been enough calls for this to get to High priority, ok i said how many calls does it take over 250 was the reply.........So where the hell are all the Preston complaints, and no funny comments thank you.