PDA

View Full Version : Help me please.. help help help virgin wont stop calling help my wife is so stressed

dstream
25-10-2007, 21:13
Im at my wits end literally so is my wife.

we are being rang from two to umpteen times per day. If she doesnt answer it calls back.

quite simply Virgin Media sales team are calling me. except im not in when they call i work from 8 till 7 every day. So they call the house and ask for me. My wife replies sorry hes not in. No problem well call back when he is in simple. whats it about sorry got to speak to Mr xxxxxx.

okay. Ive called customer services on the 0845 142 0000 number that comes on caller id from it.

this is the problem if she ignores the call it calls back 20 mins later 10 mins later 5 mins later answering it makes them call back three hours later and aks for me again.

here is todays list

17:28 15.43 18.55 17.57 15.45 17:35 10:12 11:35

all on caller id all the same number we are totally and utter pi**ed off about it. ive called cust services and have a note on my account asking them not to call. prob is they are not listening and customer services have no idea who to put me through to as sales and them have NO IDEA who inside virgin is calling.

My wife said today please read the notes on the account we DONT want any calls and he doesnt want anything hes happy with what weve got and hung up.

2 mins literally 2 mins later they rang back diff name can we speak to mr xxxxx again. its gemma from virgin media?? What for oh hes not there well call later when he in. erm you carnt catch him he works till after 7. oh we dont call after then well call later.

lo and behold later she gets same calls.. okay this has been going on for 3 weeks.

totally and utterly at wits end. we owe nothing account is 100% upto date they are ringing to offer me tv. which I dont want. BUT WILL NOT stop calling.

please

please

anyone on here from virgin media please please help us.

anyone here help us

my wife is so stressed out. if we let the answer machine get it. it simply calls back later and later and later.

please please please help us...

they wont take no for an answer of her and dont have access to any account notes by the look of it.

so just got very angry with the last one and now called me in tears at work because of all the calls. And to add a foot note they have just called at 6:55 after shes screamed at them not to call .. what the hell is so important.

MovedGoalPosts
25-10-2007, 21:29
Is your wife named as having access to your Virgin Media account - knows the password etc. Assuming she is they should be able to speak to her.

If these are sales type calls, get yourself put on the Telephone Preference Service. Make sure too that your account with VM is clearly ticked as no sales calls (I know you've tried to get them to stop, but make it clear you've withdrawn any rights for them to call you for sales). Unfortunately those things can take a while to go through the databases.

This does of course assume it is Virgin Media calling. Next time make sure they leave a number and reference so you can call back. Otherwise turn it on it's head and when the call comes, insist your wife is put through to a manager.

Marge
25-10-2007, 21:45
Ring Customer Services and ask them to put you on the DO NOT CONTACT database, it updates in about 24 hour so should put a stop to the calls. The link to the database is somewhere on the company Intranet (can't remember exactly where as it's been a while since I worked there)

v0id
25-10-2007, 22:58
Have you registered with the TPS (http://www.tpsonline.org.uk/tps/)? Since it's a marketing call, they should stop once you do.

dstream
26-10-2007, 11:19
as a follow up to this ive now been contacted by virgin media. Who are now on the case and are removing me from the dialer system and carnt apologise enough.

dstream
26-10-2007, 19:43
fixed finally. they have found the problem yippee.

A dialer they use was erronously calling us moving me out of the list as a call then placing us back in at the top as if call unmade and calling us again and again.

Fault in the system it turned out to be. Its fixed and as of 12pm today no calls at all. Piece and quiet.

An apology from him and an an apology from the line manager passed on. Its amazing what an email to peeps high up can do ..