PDA

View Full Version : Lost emails

Vannus
25-10-2007, 16:20
Just had my VM connection fitted at my new address after moving last week.
When I spoke to CS regarding the move they told me that I would still be able to use my old email address.
Imagine my shock when I tried to access it after the installation to find it didn't exist.
I rang broadband support who did something (not sure what exactly) that meant that my OLD email address now has a NEW password - and no emails between 19/10 and 25/10 (except for the Virgin welcome message).

If, as I suspect, they have wiped the account and all held messages is their a backup system somewhere that stores all messages for a few months? And if so, can I get my important work messages from that??

what?
27-10-2007, 11:21
hey
the e-mail should be automatically transferred
unfortunatly vm's move and transfers dep arent very good at doing this
the bbi agent you spoke to should have given you 2 options

1. he would raise you're details to out 2nd line team who would transfer everything over to your new account (this process takes 2 working days)

2. he would get 2nd line to delete all you're e-mail details, leaving you're alias free too add to you're new account, but permanently deleted all you're emails. (takes 15min, at most)

from what you've said looks like the agent has taken option 2, and now there will be no way to retrieve those old e-mails

Vannus
27-10-2007, 13:58
Yep - phoned all sorts of people to get to the bottom of this, and that is what they said in the end.
So I phoned the "I want to leave VM" line, and suprisingly got through to someone straightaway who admitted that they had made a mistake and has offered a reduced rate for broadband / phone + call packages until the year dot.

Why do you always have to threaten to leave before you get anywhere??