PDA

View Full Version : Virgin broadband

paulinnherts
23-10-2007, 17:54
Hi there just to ask last week my son moved house set up his modem and all was working but turned out he was using previous persons account,so out came virgin took out his modem and put another modem on this has left him with no internet he has tryed setting up via cd and without cd via browser but does not work.
Have told him to ring tonight to see if account active as im around on weds so can have a go, is there anything else he should be doing,also engineer left the first modem behind as he did not want it all very strange thanks for reading paul.

lsproc
23-10-2007, 18:10
Get someone to remove that modem!

MovedGoalPosts
23-10-2007, 20:35
Does the correctly installed modem have the Power, ready and synch lights lit? If not whatever is done is going to fail and he'll need to call faults to get the thing activated.

Make sure the modem is powered off when connecting the computer via ethernet. Make sure the computer being used is free of old settings from any previous internet, such as proxy stuff, dial up or fixed IPs. All should be auto detect.

It shouldn't be necessary to use the CD if all is working well. Just browse to https://autoreg.autoregister.net. Then when prompted enter the registrations information sent to you by Virgin Media for the serial Number , PIN and customer names.

XFS03
24-10-2007, 11:11
...also engineer left the first modem behind as he did not want it all very strange...
Yet another modem left "out in the wild"!

I hope Mr. Angry doesn't see this! ;)

dilli-theclaw
24-10-2007, 11:14
Every time I've had a new modem fitted - due to upgrades, they've left the old modem and told me to throw it in the bin.

paulinnherts
24-10-2007, 15:12
Hi rob thanks for info but only just heard from him today he only just sent form off agreeing to new broadband silly boy,but will register it next week with out the cd thanks again to one and all also virgin say they will pop round and pick up the modem cheers paul.