PDA

View Full Version : adding a second box

gorilly
23-10-2007, 15:47
hi there,

i currently have a standard telewest box,

i want to purchase a V+ box and put it in my bedroom.

so i just need a cable splitter or is there something extra which needs to be done?

thanks

MovedGoalPosts
23-10-2007, 15:48
If you want a second box, you need to phone Virgin Media and take out the subscription. They will then install the necessary wiring.

You cannot legally purchase a Set Top Box (or modem) they are all hired from Virgin Media as part of your subscription.

gorilly
23-10-2007, 15:54
you what?! im already paying them XX amount per month...

i thought you paid for it to come into your house and could add as many as you liked... cheeky *******s

i thought id just have to pay £150 for the box and thats it..

MovedGoalPosts
23-10-2007, 16:02
You can have your services upgraded. There is a £150.00 fee for the installation of the V+ box, that then offers a £5.00 per month cost above your standard TV monthly subscription for the X and XL packs or £10 per month over the M pack. Additionally, you can retain your existing STB, moved to another room. I beleive that then costs £5 per month for that additional box.

In many cases, if you have phone and broadband, the VIP pack might be the way forward as an overall package cost, as that includes Phone, TV XL with a V and V+ STB, and 20 meg broadband for £85 per month plus install fee.

Ernie_C
23-10-2007, 19:03
you what?! im already paying them XX amount per month...

i thought you paid for it to come into your house and could add as many as you liked... cheeky *******s

i thought id just have to pay £150 for the box and thats it..
My goodness - what caused that outburst!!

As stated above, once you have paid the £150 'install' charge, there are two additional charges to be considered:

1. The V+ monthly charge - this is zero if you are paying for XL TV and £5 per month if you are on lower TV packages;

2. The second STB charge, which is £5 per month as your 'first' box will effectively be the V+.

Just so you know - you are not buying the V+ - it remains the property of Virgin Media.