PDA

View Full Version : Appeal for help

bigcat
22-10-2007, 22:58
Ok..where do I start..

Well, since being made redundant from NTL almost a year ago I've been repairing PC's to help pay the bills. Now, one of my customers has had constant problems with her broadband for the last six months.

She has an old Ambit 120 modem which I'm certain is faulty (I'm ex FMS Network Surveillance). The modem takes longer and longer to lock onto the network, and more often than not is offline more than it's online!

Now, in the last eight weeks she has written a letter of complaint (no response), rang BB Support numerous times, only to be told there's nothing wrong with the modem and the call terminated, infact I even managed to get her an engineer booked twice through a contact in Service Despatch (whos now been made redundant himself) only to find both engineers were cancelled by BB Support in India! (my contact confirmed this) even though he put in the fault notes in capital letter "DO NOT CANCEL!"

I sat with her tonight whilst she rang CSR ( shes a pensioner btw) and asked to be put though to Retentions (on my advice as I know they can escalate a problem to be resolved rather than throw free stuff at the customer) she sat on hold for 15 mins then the call was disconnected. She then rang BB Support on the premium rate number, sat in a queue for 5 mins, then that called was disconnected!!!

Now to me this shows very poor customer service as she's being billed for a service she rarely receives and is unable to get the problem rectified, not through lack of trying!

I returned her pc tonight after replacing a faulty PSU and know for a fact her pc is not at fault, it connected straight away through my network, and I actually sat & watched her modem try to lock onto the network for well over an hour with no success tonight.

I retreived the following levels from the modem tonight, and although they aint fantastic she should still have service:

Downstream Power Level: 2.54 dmbv
Downstream SNR: 31.26
Upstream Power Level: 36.00

So, can anyone with contact in the right department in Virgin Media help this customer?

I can provide her account number etc via PM is required

TIA

Mick Fisher
22-10-2007, 23:59
Maybe one of the mods can get this escalated?
Otherwise.. hmm, well lots seem to be going to Be..........? Seems to be going from bad to worse lately. :(

bigcat
23-10-2007, 00:05
Maybe one of the mods can get this escalated?

Thats what I'm hoping for..

die5el
23-10-2007, 00:07
Ok..where do I start The first thing i would do i phone retentions and tell them where to stick thier broadband .

punky
23-10-2007, 00:18
If you PM me the account holders details and your/account holder's contact number, i'd be glad to escalate it for you...

bigcat
23-10-2007, 00:25
If you PM me the account holders details and your/account holder's contact number, i'd be glad to escalate it for you...

Thank you:)

PM sent

bigcat
27-10-2007, 22:49
Cheers Gavin, modem was swapped out today:)

Toto
28-10-2007, 00:20
Fantastic :clap:

Shame VM's offshore support wasn't as helpful here.......you listening india???

smarty
29-10-2007, 08:21
The first thing i would do i phone retentions and tell them where to stick thier broadband .

That's helpfull !!

wtaylor82
29-10-2007, 08:56
oh dear naughty ntl, on a PRS service, customers cannot be put on hold. Give Virgin a serious quick up the @ss by reporting it to the following parties:

www.payphoneplus.org.uk previously know as icstis and ofcom.

Ofcom in particular will be interested to here this.

Secondly you mention that this complaint was sent an no reponse and this issue has been ongoing for 6 month, you are now in otelo guidelines to make the complaint - a standard £411 exc vat complaint.

Trust me if you contact these and they take on the case Virgin will be sending a new modem, crediting account for lose of services, cost of any calls made etc.

But please only follow this advice after trying to get help from the forum admins.