PDA

View Full Version : Hertfordshire Grid (thegrid.org.uk)

internetguy
19-10-2007, 17:05
As some of you may know, alot of schools in hertfordshire use thegrid.org.uk for internet access and thegrid gets internet access from ntl/telewest/virgin media... just wondering if anyone is having problems access some US sites through it? I can't get on my site from school, yet i can at home (im on ntl)

cybernetic_tiger
19-10-2007, 18:30
It's on the same core network so if you can get to it from an NTL home account the routing is the same, could be an issue with IP addressing or a proxy that the grid uses.

Can you provide any traces?

internetguy
19-10-2007, 18:45
Sorry I can't provide any traceroutes, my school uses RM software and stuff like doing traceroutes is blocked for student users :(

I've noticed stuff does go trough quite a few proxies (e.g romeo.thegrid.org.uk:8080 or echo.thegrid.org.uk:8080) so I guess it could be a problem with one of those but I was able to access my site from school two weeks ago, doing a traceroute from here (home) shows the traffic to my site goes through level3, there was a thread a few days ago about people not being able to access sites through level3 yet other people could, that might be the problem... :(

sprattgraham
19-10-2007, 19:16
I remember RM complete pain in the ass.

Is your school in the same town as your home

internetguy
19-10-2007, 19:23
Yup, both in stevenage :) The server im trying to access is 72.232.195.114 btw :)

sprattgraham
20-10-2007, 10:20
Seems ok here in Bishop's Stortford, have you spoke to the network admin and asked them to do a tracert