PDA

View Full Version : Registration problem.... being fobbed off?

rikur
17-10-2007, 18:46
My sister had Virgin broadband (ex-ntl, Baguley region) installed this morning...
(The engineer left without waiting to see if it actually worked.)

We can get into the autoreg.autoregister.net stages ok, enter the serial number ok, but when it asks for pin number and surname it then rejects with an error.

Have phoned up VM, and been told to "try it again in 24 hours".

I know a few things have changed recently with billing systems etc, but there certainly didn't used to be a need to wait 24 hours, and I'm not aware of anything that is going to simply correct itself.

Is this normal practice nowadays, or are we being fobbed off?

on in an hour!
17-10-2007, 19:23
My sister had Virgin broadband (ex-ntl, Baguley region) installed this morning...
(The engineer left without waiting to see if it actually worked.)

We can get into the autoreg.autoregister.net stages ok, enter the serial number ok, but when it asks for pin number and surname it then rejects with an error.

Have phoned up VM, and been told to "try it again in 24 hours".

I know a few things have changed recently with billing systems etc, but there certainly didn't used to be a need to wait 24 hours, and I'm not aware of anything that is going to simply correct itself.

Is this normal practice nowadays, or are we being fobbed off?
sounds like youre being fobbed off :( your pin No and surname are set up on the server (for retreival when you register) so theres something wrong there.best bet,ring sales (as it seems your original request to set up an account hasnt happened) ask them to set up another account (as long as they confirm original acc isnt waitng to be activated) they can then give you your new pin No there and then and you can register.this is all considering there isnt a problem with the registration servers.call 0800 052 7000 from a cable phone.good luck ;)

jo.v
18-10-2007, 23:29
what is the error saying?? i may be able to tell you what the exact problem is.

There could be a number of problems on the account.
You wont need to wait 24 hours as this is clearly an account issue.

let me know and i can let you know what to tell VM.

rikur
19-10-2007, 09:02
thanks for your offer of help - fortunately we got through to a more cooperative agent yesterday who found that the account hadn't been set-up properly and fixed it there and then

monkey2468
19-10-2007, 09:22
Good news, glad you got it sorted out.:)