PDA

View Full Version : VM phone Cancellation within 28 days of Installation

mrtonk
17-10-2007, 08:42
Hi,

Had VM BB for about a year, but only recently decided to take their phone service (replacing a BT line), it was installed about 10 days ago and since then I found out there is no caller display service (despite it being advertised as a standard service!).

This coupled with the continuing appalling service of VM's broadband (as detailed in other sections of this forum), I've decided to cancel both services.

But does anyone know whether BT will charge a reconnection fee for their line within the grace period ?

Cheers.

UncleBooBoo
17-10-2007, 11:45
Plug a phone into the BT socket, do you hear a dial tone of any kind?

Reconnection should be free, why not call BT and ask?

mrtonk
18-10-2007, 10:05
Finally got through to disconnections last night after a 45min wait on hold, and managed to cancel both the phone and broadband.

BT will re-connect for free while within the 28 day grace, but after that they will charge the full £125 fee. Only issue appears to be that if you transferred to VM with your old BT number, if you want to go back you would have to wait 11 working days for your old number to be re-processed or just take a new number, I chose that later.

ultimate
18-10-2007, 23:09
I just reconnected my BT line after 3 years, no reconnection charges, as long as they do not need to send an engineer out to your house, its free, i.e. you have not damaged or ripped their wires out. I am leaving VM's BB, evening download speed is a disgrace.

smarty
22-10-2007, 11:32
Hi,

Had VM BB for about a year, but only recently decided to take their phone service (replacing a BT line), it was installed about 10 days ago and since then I found out there is no caller display service (despite it being advertised as a standard service!).

This coupled with the continuing appalling service of VM's broadband (as detailed in other sections of this forum), I've decided to cancel both services.

But does anyone know whether BT will charge a reconnection fee for their line within the grace period ?

Cheers.

Same here, I had 'phone and broadband installed in December 06, and was told that after the install all I had to do was to ring CS to get caller ID enabled.

Following the install I was then informed that this service was not yet available, but should be OK in about 1 month. (January 07).
I have repeatedly contacted CS to see when Clid would be available, and told "very soon"
My last call was at the end of September and the CS representative then told me "There are no plans to enable Clid in your area"!

So as soon as my contract is up in December I shall return to BT. I have been constantly lied to over the last few months and have now had enough of VM and their pathetic excuse for a 21st century telephone service.