PDA

View Full Version : Cable setup for NTL, 32C3030 & DVD/VCR Combi?

Hayley7
16-10-2007, 20:42
NTL box
Toshiba 32C3030 - 32" Widescreen. 2 x SCART.
Toshiba DVD/VCR Combi SD38VB. SCART (RGB)

Whats the recommended cable set up here. The dvd and tv manuals vary slightly and I'm struggling to get the vcr to record.

I cant change channels with the tv remote either I am stuck with the ntl remote for now. Is it possible to have one remote here.

Also, I havent got audio cables but am getting sound. Is it recommended to get some and if so which cables should I get?

Complete noob here as you can probably tell :)

Thanks.

MovedGoalPosts
16-10-2007, 20:54
:welcome: to Cable Forum :tu:

Make sure your scart leads are full two way signal jobs - some don't have all the pins.

Not all remotes will work with ntl Set Top Boxes. Many of the STBs, especially the pace ones use a non standard infra red signalling.

Does the DVD/VCR only have one scart? Bit awkward if it does :(

Hayley7
17-10-2007, 13:10
hi Rob thanks for the reply.

Yes the DVD/VCR does have 2 scart sockets.

Im going to buy 3 new scart leads tomorrow as one is an old one that I used and I will make sure they are 2 way (21pins?).

Ive managed to get the tv remote to change channels by setting the tv to ATV from DTV (is this good or bad?) and using the auto tuning. BUT it only picks up the basic channels ie.b1,b2,itv,c4 and news24. But none of the other channels. I still have to use the ntl remote to access other channels. The manual says it has "Standard Infrared".

One oddity here is when I change to News24 it automatically jumps to 4:3 view and loses the widescreen. If I then set this to widescreen it looks stretched. Is this normal?