PDA

View Full Version : windows xp and dchp problem

krommagh2005
16-10-2007, 13:36
i had to install windows xp pro corp version 2002 with service pack 2 onto my computer. when i ran the virgin broadband installation cd it came up with a problem with the dchp. has nayone heard of this problem and can anyone please heelp remecy it? many thanks in advance

Raistlin
16-10-2007, 13:40
:welcome: to CF.

What was the 'problem'?

Aragorn
16-10-2007, 13:50
Also, unless you are connecting via USB, you shouldn't need to use the VM installer. If it is a straight LAN cable from PC to a working Cable Modem it should work out of the box.

krommagh2005
17-10-2007, 09:45
when i ran the installation disk it came up with the following error -"broadband setup cd encountered ann error while configuring your network adapter for DHCP". I use a usb ambit ntl 250 modem. ii managed to get the rivers from the virgin media website and managed to install the modem from there and it worked fine. I thought that the problem might have been from service pack 2 but when i went to remove it i couldn't find it despite the fact that when i boot in safe mode it says that service pack 2 is installed. many thanks for your help.

Aragorn
17-10-2007, 12:18
You could try the drivers from Chetnet (here (http://homepage.ntlworld.com/triage/chet/drivers/ntlhome250.zip)) which may be the same or better.
You say it 'worked fine' - do you mean you have connection to the internet via the USB modem, but are just having a problem with the VM software?
If so, I would leave the VM software alone - just use the working driver.
Is that how you are posting now?