PDA

View Full Version : Rubbish service as usual (Hyde)

5quirrel
16-10-2007, 11:21
I know this will get me knowhere but a rant now and again makes be feel better :(

Still VOD is broken after 3 months or more and now my 20MB BB averages out at 2MB, certainly not capped as I do not DL that much and surprisingly at 12:30 am it's back to 20MB again.

Rant, rant, rant - who cares no one at Virgin is listening or cares :mad:

Oh, telephone does seem to work most of the time though so I guess that makes it all better.

Squirrel

Bonglet
16-10-2007, 11:57
Wow nice rant can i join in 80-90k till 12am rant rant.
I care but im no vm employee where 3 monkeys policy is in effect.

southwell
16-10-2007, 12:04
I spent the weekend at my parents and was very dissapointed with the speeds. Sure they only have 2mb but all i did was download a demo and got immediately put down to 1mb, which stayed until 2am! The whole experience after i got traffic shaped was pretty poor, just normal browsing slowed down, which suprised me somewhat.

MK1
16-10-2007, 15:25
I'm right next to Hyde in Stockport and i don't download anything at all and i get slow speeds more than half the time. And even when it does go faster it has never even gone anywhere near 20 480 kbps. The fastest it has gone is 16 300 kbps. Ridiculous.

5quirrel
16-10-2007, 16:10
Thanks guys for the communal rants, we know nothing will get done but it's nice to know I'm not the only one (as if). I wish you all the best in eventually receiving some sort of acceptable service - don't hold your breath.

Squirrel

Saint man
17-10-2007, 00:02
dont normally post, but my download speeds are rubbish. less than a 2 meg connection when paying for 4 meg. i thought that paying £25 a month i should get what i am paying for. one of the most, if not most expensive charges for broadband, and they give rubbish speeds. i thought cable would be better than this. so i download a few things, surely thats what i am paying for?? capping speeds or whatever they call it, if i only wanted to surf the net etc. for info, i would buy a newspaper!:mad:

Shootist
17-10-2007, 01:46
dont normally post, but my download speeds are rubbish. less than a 2 meg connection when paying for 4 meg. i thought that paying £25 a month i should get what i am paying for. one of the most, if not most expensive charges for broadband, and they give rubbish speeds. i thought cable would be better than this. so i download a few things, surely thats what i am paying for?? capping speeds or whatever they call it, if i only wanted to surf the net etc. for info, i would buy a newspaper!:mad:

I don't even download a lot but every day I find myself with horrible speeds well below 2 meg (and I'm on 4 meg too!) between 4 pm to midnight. I've been experiencing this every day for weeks. During this time I've seen literaly thousands of posts on various sites from VM customers with the same issue.

Is there some issue with capping? Is it limiting everybody arbitrarily? Or is it, as some disinterested tech support advisor told me, just the way it is for VM broadband users between those times? Or is there some great VM broadband swindle going on? Whichever it is, I'm not far into a new contract so am going to be throwing money down the drain for some time to come.