PDA

View Full Version : AV senders and signal loss

Mr_love_monkey
15-10-2007, 15:22
I'm thinking of getting one of these http://www.maplin.co.uk/module.aspx?ITAG=SPEC&ModuleNo=217641&doy=15m10 - to go with a pvr to sit downstairs and play it on the tv upstairs - it sits in a cabinet upstairs, so there isn't really enough room for the pvr upstairs, so if I can run it downstairs - that would be ideal.

How good are these things? - my experience from years ago wasnt good, but I'm assuming things have moved on from there - what kind of quality picture can I expect to get?

Having read the FAQ it sounds like it might clash with my wifi connection - anyone got any experience with this - or can recommend one that is less likely to clash?

Vlad_Dracul
15-10-2007, 15:53
I have tried one here and i can say that it will indeed almost certainly be affected by your wi fi connection. The greater the distance between the two units,the more likely that the sig will be affected. Think of another solution first.

Mr_love_monkey
15-10-2007, 15:57
Think of another solution first.

I'm open to suggestions

Graham M
15-10-2007, 16:11
If it clashes with your WiFi connection, try a different WiFi channel

Mr_love_monkey
15-10-2007, 16:31
If it clashes with your WiFi connection, try a different WiFi channel

that's what I was thinking - the ones I'm looking at have 4 channels - so surely I'd be able to get something?
People using these ones seem to be able to get it to work with wifi

http://www.gizoo.co.uk/Products/AvCommunications/TvGadgets/AVSender.htm?engine=adwords!5803&keyword=%28wireless+av+sender+2.4ghz%29&match_type=&spmc=TGSPPCGGP487&gclid=COzJhK2NkY8CFQZgMAodeHFeVw#review

Graham M
15-10-2007, 18:12
It's all to do with the fact they both work around about the 2.4GHz band so obviously they will have a detrimental effect on each other, most devides (including Wi-Fi and AV Senders) will have a few different "channels" varying the frequency around the 2.4GHz mark so sometimes one will not effect the other from the start, sometimes you get one stopping the other completely.