PDA

View Full Version : 20Mb in warrington, WA3 area

cablesnail
12-10-2007, 21:12
I have recently been told by Virgin that the 700k speeds I'm getting in the evenings on my 20Mb connection are to be expected.
They said the whole area is apparently going to be have a major infrastructure upgrade in February 2008.

Anyone else heard similar??

And should we believe them??

Sirius
12-10-2007, 21:18
I have recently been told by Virgin that the 700k speeds I'm getting in the evenings on my 20Mb connection are to be expected.
They said the whole area is apparently going to be have a major infrastructure upgrade in February 2008.

Yes i have heard that as well from a network engineer in Warrington. I am in wa4

cablesnail
12-10-2007, 21:22
Hi,

are you on the 20Mb?? and are you having the same issues?

Sirius
12-10-2007, 21:36
Hi,

are you on the 20Mb?? and are you having the same issues?

Yes i am on 20 meg and i seem to suffer in the evening at times "tonight is OK for a change" However by tomorrow i will be on just above dial up speeds until Monday which is the problem that exists for my area and has done for months now :rolleyes:.

I had a Manager from networks call me and he did say they where looking at a major upgrade to the areas in Warrington

on in an hour!
12-10-2007, 21:38
sorry to dissapoint you cablesnail,yes sirius is in warrington,but unfortunately they dont (as far as i know) have VM broadband in risley remand centre :(

Sirius
12-10-2007, 21:44
sorry to dissapoint you cablesnail,yes sirius is in warrington,but unfortunately they dont (as far as i know) have VM broadband in risley remand centre :(

B worried B very worried on in an hour :D

rogeralpine
12-10-2007, 21:44
Umm - I've never had any issues with NTL - every speed upgrade went thru without a hitch. Ever since VM took over I've dropped to approx 5Mb and haven't budged even now that I'm paying for 20Mb. Several calls to India have resulted in the problem being at my end - where have I heard that before?:(

I'm WA4 and would like to know if I'm ever likely to see 20mb or am I best just downgrading to 4mb now? The call centre chap basically said I should do that - wtf??:shocked:

Sirius
12-10-2007, 21:50
Umm - I've never had any issues with NTL - every speed upgrade went thru without a hitch. Ever since VM took over I've dropped to approx 5Mb and haven't budged even now that I'm paying for 20Mb. Several calls to India have resulted in the problem being at my end - where have I heard that before?:(

I'm WA4 and would like to know if I'm ever likely to see 20mb or am I best just downgrading to 4mb now? The call centre chap basically said I should do that - wtf??:shocked:

I am down by the football ground in WA4.

My speeds are now starting to slow as per the normal weekend problem for me.

https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2007/10/23.png

Uncle Peter
13-10-2007, 03:06

Well if this does turn out to be true Feb 2008 is not good enough. I'd be expecting some sort of significant recompense for those affected in the Warrington area.

Shootist
13-10-2007, 12:42
I'm in the WA4 area on 4 mb and the speed during peak-times is atrocious. Download speeds from VM site are about 500 kbps at best, slowing down to dial up speeds quite often. Even browsing becomes painfully slow at times.

'Peak-time' now seems to be 1530-0030 during the week and all weekend. I was with NTL for 7 years and had a perfect service up until a few weeks ago.

Technical support did their best over several calls to convince me the problem was at my end but they had no idea what it was, so I'm a little angry after seeing this thread.

iTekweni
13-10-2007, 13:38
I am in the WA5 area and since the free upgrade to 20 mb my speed have been slower than when on 10 mb, the fastest I have ever had is 8mb.

Down the Pub
13-10-2007, 14:00
im over in widnes (wa8) and for the last week or two not only has my d/l speed dropped (from 17-18mbps to 10 if i'm lucky) but my browsing has slowed to a fast crawl.

this is really starting to tizer me off, any browsing is looked at as soon as i get in from work - email to as it seems to take an age to d/l either with outlook or t-bird, any d/l of stuff is now done late on/overnight (even then the speed isn't great).

the only thing that hasn't seemed to be overly effected is my gaming (although it depends what i'm playing but ET-QW doen't seem to have any probs)

god help us when they roll out the 50 service which i won't be getting, they should be sorting the 20 service first (and while they are at it increase the upload and the hacked modems).