PDA

View Full Version : Have you heard this 'Sorry this service is no longer available'

0049ner
11-10-2007, 15:24
I keep getting a message from somewhere when I ring from NTL/Virgin to a Vonage number 'Sorry - This service is no longer available' I'm trying to find out if this is a VM standard message. Ladies voice well spoken english?

nicke261192
11-10-2007, 17:13
I dont understand what you mean. Have you rang 150?

0049ner
11-10-2007, 18:22
No what happens if I ring from my Orange Mobile to my Vonage [VOIP provider]number or ring from my VM landline to my Vonage number I get this announcement and it won't connect. T Mobile Mobile and O2 Mobile & BT landline get through without a problem. Would VM be blocking Voip providers?

nicke261192
11-10-2007, 19:12
If you cannot access it on your orange phone then its not a VM problem

0049ner
12-10-2007, 00:42
You might be wrong I'm using my Vonage Voice over internet service on Virgin Media the common link. I just want to find out who owns the 'Sorry this service is no longer available' message. Finding out if it belongs to a VM server would be the key. I've confirmed its not a Vonage or Orange message because I spoke to Vonage Tech support in Nebraska yesterday and Orange on Tuesday. If anyone knows the route to contact anyone with a modicum of Tech sense in VM I would be grateful.

nopcode
12-10-2007, 01:00
If you're actually getting that message when you call the vonage voip phone, then the connection must be being made for you to hear it. If vm blocked it all together then you wouldn't get a message at all surely.

SMHarman
12-10-2007, 05:12
Isn't this effectivly a network time out message?
Have you set up an alternate number on your Vonage account, the one that the account rings to if it cannot connect to the vonage box and then tried these tests. You might find in these 'busy' scenareos it routes to the alternate number instead.

0049ner
12-10-2007, 09:17
Reroute number is set up so if the Vonage line was at fault it would redirect. Its a kind of 'blocking' going on which could be a sinister move to disrupt VOIP generally. In other words the blocking maybe for numbers beginning with in my case 0208 150. What else can it be if O2 Mobile, BT Landline, T- Mobile all work every time!

cybernetic_tiger
12-10-2007, 13:48
If it's working from some carriers and not from others (mobile and landline) its not going to be an issue with blocking from VM (as said above) it is possible that there is a call routing issue shared by both VM and Orange.

The only way you will get this sorted is to speak to Vonage. If they percieve there to be an issue they will call the carrier directly to resolve the issue.

If it works from T-Mobile there is no sinister blocking of VoIP being carried out by VM. This proves your connection.

0049ner
12-10-2007, 14:22
Thanks - Vonage said they have elevated the fault so lets hope they speak to VM and Orange and get it sorted. Still would love to know where the recorded message originates

bluecandylover
24-10-2007, 19:01
The way Virgin is going around, and acting silly, it would'nt suprise me if a common sounding person did Virgin announcements anyway, like a chav!

Kind Regards.
Blue