PDA

View Full Version : 15.50pm the time of

myriauk
07-10-2007, 17:18
Hell, that's right Virgin Media and whoever is managing the network in the TF7 area can die in a nice fire. I phoned up customer support and got put through to a call centre in India, got told at the start of the call that it's 25p / min and 10p connect, I accepted.

I explained to the agent that I've been through all the technical diagnostics and everything is logged into the records there, she insisted on doing more technical, so again I agreed, turned off the modem and PC rebooted them both then she hung up.

What type of service is that?

I would like to phone a support line and speak to someone with

1. In the same country
2. Has knowledge of tech support and Internet.

slowcoach
07-10-2007, 18:16
Just be thankful they saved you some money, you wouldn't have got anywhere with them anyway.

Just look at it like this, after his shift the Indian TS has to cycle home fifty miles, empty the family latrine into the stream that runs behind the wooden shed his family of 24 live in, the only electricity he has is the dynamo on his cycle so it's early to bed ready for the cycle to work tomorrow. At work someone phones because they are getting a low speed on their modem, put yourself in his situation, would you give a ****, well would you?

Hugh
07-10-2007, 18:58
Strange, when I opened call-centres in Mumbai, none of the staff (all graduates) lived in those sort of conditions.

Impz2002
07-10-2007, 19:46
whoever is managing the network in the TF7 area can die in a nice fire

Thats a little strong isnt it ? I dont think a broadband technical issue is a valid reason to say something like that !

I know it can be frustrating but i dont think it is that bad !

I know it was most likely said tounge in cheek but still its not a very nice thing to say !

Impz

Paul
07-10-2007, 21:38
Reading the first few posts I think some people need to get a grip of themselves and stop posting drivel. If you have nothing sensible to post then don't waste your time, or our time, posting at all.

UncleBooBoo
07-10-2007, 21:51
Post's 1 & 2

:rofl:

xspeedyx
07-10-2007, 22:05
Darthy thinks someone is unhappy with vm internet service